Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » need a job!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: need a job!!
migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs66/92  Ford pictures for migs66/92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well guys after beign laid off for just over a year I need to get back in the job force. I didnt receive any unemployement during that time as the wife was making good money and I did not want to be a leach to the system.we decided since we have little ones it would be nice to spend sometime with them. So now she gets word that her company is beign sold and she will also get laid off.. so if anyone know any entry level job let me know..I live in lodi and am willing to commute...I can also email my resume if you have something available..I was in retail for 12 years then 8 years as route sales delivery with a bread company, after that I worked for fed ex ground before beign laid off.. Im good with my hands and a loyal hardworking employee..

--------------------
Ill keep my guns and my money, you can have the change

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have a class A or B?

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs66/92  Ford pictures for migs66/92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, I have a regular class c license..

--------------------

flores24v
¯
Member # 10586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flores24v  Ford pictures for flores24v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you looked into cintas,Aramark,Ameripride,alsco mission linen supply, all in sac and they do routes sales delivery
BTLD GT
¯
Member # 5229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BTLD GT  Ford pictures for BTLD GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any chance your good at turning wrenches.

daniel

--------------------
2000 Cobra R

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out BART jobs. They are looking to hire 40 train mechanics by the end of this year.

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stanger00:
Check out BART jobs. They are looking to hire 40 train mechanics by the end of this year.

40 jobs with over 5k applicants. May the odds be ever in your favor.

--------------------
To be or not to be

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They don't get that many. Plus, anyone that has a maintenance background in anything gets invited to take the written test. The problem is that out of those 200-300 who take the test only 50-75 pass and out of those only 10-15 get hired after the practical test and panel interview.

I went through this 2 years ago and all of the new people walking in after me tell the same story.

--------------------

POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Looks like I will be applying
migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

quote:
Originally posted by flores24v:
Have you looked into cintas,Aramark,Ameripride,alsco mission linen supply, all in sac and they do routes sales delivery

Yes I have applied at all those companies... Haven't received a call back..

--------------------

migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BTLD GT:
[QB] any chance your good at turning wrenches.

Actually I am pretty good at it.. I'm currently doing that out of my house to earn extra cash..

--------------------

migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

quote:

On it... Thank you all for the suggestions and replies I appreciate it...

--------------------

migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

quote:

--------------------

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

quote:
Originally posted by migs66/92:
quote:

If you don't see a listing for Transit Vehicle Mechanic on the website keep checking. They are finishing up this week with practical tests.

Good Luck. We have a guy that drives out here daily from Galt for the last 3 years.

--------------------

wilber650
¯
Member # 10360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilber650  Ford pictures for wilber650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Apply to Ryder man they have a bunch of positions from diesel tech and sales which has to do with rentals and lease customers

--------------------
2014 mustang Gt
2004 f150 fx4
1998 Cobra sold
1994 Gt sold

migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

Thanks again for the suggestions guys..I have been applying all over the place the problem with applying for mechanics jobs is that I have no formal training or job experience.im self taught so it mAkes it difficult for a company to want to hire me.
Like I mentioned earlier my background is route sales and delivery and retail.

--------------------

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its a bit of a drive but my company is always looking/hireing warehouse guys lift truck operators and order pickers we have screaming benefits
check it out

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go check out some temp agencies. They can help get your foot in the door.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com