Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Edelbrock performer intake 87-93

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Edelbrock performer intake 87-93
trickflow211
¯
Member # 8503

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trickflow211  Ford pictures for trickflow211    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anybody know where the part no. Or carb eo number is located on upper? Or where or how I can obtain one to pass the visual ? I have the original performer intake so I am unsure if they even marked them with carb numbers back then

[ 2015-04-26, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: trickflow211 ]

--------------------
1990 Cobra Clone 421 Tq 420 Hp

Need General Contractor Services? 925-338-5422 serving East Bay Area over 20yrs

Posts: 2449 | From: Pittsburg/Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you tried calling Edelbrock for a sticker? I was looking at getting a Performer RPM II but when I called them they said the Performer II is not CARB legal any longer. However, the original Performer is so they may mail you a CARB number.
trickflow211
¯
Member # 8503

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trickflow211  Ford pictures for trickflow211    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks , I was goin to try that tomorrow they were closed today

--------------------

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't believe that there is a CARB number since it is a stock replacement. That's what my paperwork says anyway.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
trickflow211
¯
Member # 8503

Could I get a picture or copy paper work by any chance ?

--------------------

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
I don't believe that there is a CARB number since it is a stock replacement. That's what my paperwork says anyway.

Have fun telling that to a smog tech. They wouldn't smog my buddies car because of the intake.

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

trickflow211
¯
Member # 8503

Spoke to edelbrock today, they said they don't stamp their intakes and to tell smog guy it falls into appendix K of smog book

--------------------

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by trickflow211:
Spoke to edelbrock today, they said they don't stamp their intakes and to tell smog guy it falls into appendix K of smog book

You would be better off bring in the paperwork in yourself.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KARATExxCHUCK:
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:

Have fun telling that to a smog tech. They wouldn't smog my buddies car because of the intake.
I had the paperwork and showed my smog tech. He didn't even question it.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

quote:
Could I get a picture or copy paper work by any chance ?

Yeah, I'll take one tonight and post it. Hopefully, I remember... [Smile]

--------------------
Woke Bruh

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

-

-

--------------------
Woke Bruh

trickflow211
¯
Member # 8503

Thanks brother!

--------------------

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

quote:
Thanks brother!

No prob!

--------------------
Woke Bruh

trickflow211
¯
Member # 8503

if you ever downtown hit me up, I just moved down here, was thinking about trailering my cobra up here one day and tearing shit up.

also down to buy you a Beer or something for paperwork!

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

quote:
if you ever downtown hit me up, I just moved down here, was thinking about trailering my cobra up here one day and tearing shit up.

also down to buy you a Beer or something for paperwork!

I guess I better get my car off of the jack stands! No worries about the paperwork. I have all the beer we could ever need.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

rjalx
¯
Member # 3245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjalx  Ford pictures for rjalx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone know of a test only shop in the sf/peninsula area who will smog with the performer intake?
Bent70
¯
Member # 9694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bent70  Ford pictures for Bent70    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A1 smog on el Camino in milbre

--------------------
some stangs and thangs

rjalx
¯
Member # 3245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjalx  Ford pictures for rjalx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Really? Did something change there? They failed me for the performer in 2006.
Bent70
¯
Member # 9694

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for Bent70  Ford pictures for Bent70    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Idk...every time I went there I passed visual. That was with performer intake, bbk egr, bbk throttle body, non marked svo heads and an s trim. With a super choppy "e" cam. [Wink] I just went prepared with all my eo# on a paper and like the previous dude highlighted the intake manifold being direct replacement on a print out.

[ 2016-08-08, 07:01 AM: Message edited by: Bent70 ]

--------------------
some stangs and thangs

Bent70
¯
Member # 9694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bent70  Ford pictures for Bent70    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I also have smogged at the spot on the corner of San Bruno Ave and el Camino.

--------------------
some stangs and thangs

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bring the Edelbrock paperwork that states it is a stock replacement. I've been hassled for many things by smog techs, but never for the manifold.
Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
rjalx
¯
Member # 3245

Thanks for the input fellas. I brought my paperwork before and they still failed me. Then I went to the referee at Skyline College the same day and they passed me. I found another shop this time. I'm gonna replace it with a Holley which has a carb#.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com