Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Help identify this part

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Help identify this part
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bought some 5 lug spindles with curved arms so I'm sure of them being 94/95 units but the calipers and brackets I was told are Baer cobra style using the same pad but being pad guided and not pin. Also they say one which I'm aware that pbr makes their calipers. Took some pics just want to know if anyone has actually used and owned these.

Also want to know what lines you used

-

-

-

-

[ 2015-02-28, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: LXjames ]

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
TMA Turbo Donald
¯
Member # 11926

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TMA Turbo Donald  Ford pictures for TMA Turbo Donald    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The caliper looks similar ones used on C4 Corvettes. The eBay link below shows a set that appears to be the same as your set:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/C4-Corvette-Front-Calipers-w-Brackets-Hawk-Pads-Hotrod-Pro-Touring-/141587296366

[ 2015-03-01, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: TMA Turbo Donald ]

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TMA Turbo Donald:
The caliper looks similar ones used on C4 Corvettes. The eBay link below shows a set that appears to be the same as your set:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/C4-Corvette-Front-Calipers-w-Brackets-Hawk-Pads-Hotrod-Pro-Touring-/141587296366

After seeing them in person that's exactky what I thought. Bought them anyways and ran the part numbers in the fins and came back to a thread on corral that confirmed them as cobra calipers so I'm all confused now

--------------------
King Lx

MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those are the first dual piston calipers Ford had PBR supply, these were used on the 93 Cobra R.

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
Originally posted by MUSTTANGUY:
Those are the first dual piston calipers Ford had PBR supply, these were used on the 93 Cobra R.

Of course you know the answer tim. So what parts do I need to buy? I need lines and pads

--------------------
King Lx

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pbr

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
87_ssp
¯
Member # 11152

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87_ssp  Ford pictures for 87_ssp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here are some pics of 93 cobra r brakes
 -

-

--------------------
1987 SSP
1990 LX Convetible Black on Black
1980 TTop Coupe

Posts: 416 | From: The Valley | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
Originally posted by 87_ssp:
Here are some pics of 93 cobra r brakes
 -

-

Thanks! I been looking them up and I'm sure they are R brakes. Now just need to hunt down pads and proper lines

--------------------
King Lx

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shotime knows where to get em

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
quote:
Originally posted by MUSTTANGUY:

Of course you know the answer tim. So what parts do I need to buy? I need lines and pads
If you don't have the hardware for the calipers to mount to the brackets, you will need:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/front-disc-brake-hardware-9404cobra.html

For the brake hoses I would recommend:
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/MM-Stainless-Brake-Hose-Kit-1979-93-Mustang-with-SN95-calipers-front-P1341.aspx

Incidentally, these are the same calipers as was used on the Corvettes.

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
Shotime knows where to get em

lol

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you have a set of corvette calipers that the bracket was modded to fit 12" rotors on a CMC road race car. See the two sets of bolt holes in the mounting bracket.

This was done a lot by the CMC guys who had a 12" front brake ruleand 16" wheel rule. They would cut down a set of 13" cobra rotors. I've got a set in my garage if you need some.

[ 2015-03-02, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: 4IDFOX ]

Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com