Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Exedy clutch

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Exedy clutch
32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey cafords. I'm currently in the market of changing out my clutch in my 04 cobra. I'm really undecided which way to go. But some say the Exedy clutch is really nice on the pedal and aggressive on the street for a puck style clutch. Really leaning towards this clutch, really want that soft clutch pedal. Any Info on these clutches?? Or anyone that has one in their cobra that can shoot me some reviews on these clutches. Thanks.
brandon151
¯
Member # 12990

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for brandon151  Ford pictures for brandon151    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had one in my 04 gt and it was great before I sold the car, very similar to the stock clutch feel. I got the stage two one... Just make sure you dont use their TOB and pilot bearing, they are shit.
Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sinister Mustang  Ford pictures for Sinister Mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gohardgohome:
Hey cafords. I'm currently in the market of changing out my clutch in my 04 cobra. I'm really undecided which way to go. But some say the Exedy clutch is really nice on the pedal and aggressive on the street for a puck style clutch. Really leaning towards this clutch, really want that soft clutch pedal. Any Info on these clutches?? Or anyone that has one in their cobra that can shoot me some reviews on these clutches. Thanks.

Hey Gohardgohome,

Exedy is a reasonable quality clutch. Like Brandon151 mentioned, the TOB and PB can be a bit on the low end. I'd honestly opt for a Centerforce clutch with the Ford Racing TOB and PB. The combination results in a really nice clutch pedal feel.

I hope this helps!

- Michael

--------------------
Message me for 1979-2015 Mustang Parts!

www.SinisterMustang.com

Posts: 255 | From: Roseville,CA | Registered: Dec 2014  |  :
32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Sinister Mustang:
quote:

Hey Gohardgohome,

Exedy is a reasonable quality clutch. Like Brandon151 mentioned, the TOB and PB can be a bit on the low end. I'd honestly opt for a Centerforce clutch with the Ford Racing TOB and PB. The combination results in a really nice clutch pedal feel.

I hope this helps!

- Michael

Oh alright thanks for the info guys. Well not looking to spend extra on the TB and PB since the clutch already comes with these two items in a bundle. As far as the TB, I ordered the TB sleeve retainer from lethal performance if that helps. I pulled the trigger on this clutch last night and got the mach 500 since I'm going to tune the car and get at least close to 500hp since that's what the clutch is rated at. I'll see how that goes. Also upgrading the input shaft. Trying to kill a couple birds with one stone kinda thing

[ 2015-02-26, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: gohardgohome ]

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stay away from exedy. I have personally experienced 2 pressure plates messing up (fingers collapsed). Once the fingers collapse, you cannot disengage the clutch. Get a good clutch like a spec, McLeod, centerforce, etc and do the job once instead of possibly doing it all over again.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
510_SVT
¯
Member # 8705

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510_SVT  Ford pictures for 510_SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you get any other TOB besides ford racing then plan on changing it very soon after your clutch job

--------------------
/96 Cobra/
//87' LX h.c.i//

Posts: 1306 | From: 510EastBay | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 510_SVT:
If you get any other TOB besides ford racing then plan on changing it very soon after your clutch job

Frfr I made that mistake never again

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

quote:

I'll see how it goes. Like I said im not trying to spend much more right now than what comes with the clutch. since I want to get the car running for Knotts. The car will be driven in the weekend so it won't be beat on. TB should last lol. Shit I hope so
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+2 on Ford Racing TOB. Hate that squeaking sound.

Timken Pb. And McLeod clutch recommended. Don't forget to resurface that flywheel..

I would play $100-250 in better parts and resurfacing to not get under and drop that heavy ass tranny again.

32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

quote:

We out to knotts or what Jose???!? [patriot]
510_SVT
¯
Member # 8705

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510_SVT  Ford pictures for 510_SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

We out to knotts or what Jose???!? [patriot]
I'll be out there! Not taking the mustang tho. What hotel you gonna stay at?

--------------------
/96 Cobra/
//87' LX h.c.i//

Posts: 1306 | From: 510EastBay | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Blk93pny
¯
Member # 11387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93pny  Ford pictures for Blk93pny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Exedy clutches suck , with any clutch its very very strongly recommend to used ford TOB , you chose a cheap clutch and it makes sense on your cheapass spending on the TO, in a couple months youll see why all of us told you to use a Ford TOB.
32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

quote:
Originally posted by Blk93pny:
Exedy clutches suck , with any clutch its very very strongly recommend to used ford TOB , you chose a cheap clutch and it makes sense on your cheapass spending on the TO, in a couple months youll see why all of us told you to use a Ford TOB.

LMAO damn why u hella mad tho

[ 2015-03-04, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: gohardgohome ]

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i know this really doesn't matter but i order a clutch for my kia rio and when it came it was an exedy one, and i dont remember ordering that brand but whatever i put it on and so far its super smooth feels a lot better than the stock one. but then again this is on a 96hp car lol. but my advise is dont go any cheaper on a clutch then the stock ford one.

[ 2015-03-04, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: losbadgts ]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com