Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 2015 Sacramento Autorama

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 2015 Sacramento Autorama
Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sinister Mustang  Ford pictures for Sinister Mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone attend Sacramento's Autorama this year? I had a good time working the booth and answering everyone's questions regarding our Sinister Boss. Took a few breaks to go walk the show. We saw a lot of returned rides, and a small amount of new attendees. Here's a few pictures of our booth at the show.

-

-

-

-

[ 2015-02-17, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Sinister Mustang ]

--------------------
Message me for 1979-2015 Mustang Parts!

www.SinisterMustang.com

Posts: 255 | From: Roseville,CA | Registered: Dec 2014  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where is this show is going to be held at?
Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sinister Mustang  Ford pictures for Sinister Mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by i:
Where is this show is going to be held at?

It was this last weekend. 14th - 16th.

--------------------

www.SinisterMustang.com

9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya my girl and i went, she bought the black sweater lol, talk to the guy on the left

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasvt8:
Ya my girl and i went, she bought the black sweater lol, talk to the guy on the left

Awesome! I spent most of my time around the car for the most part. Best thing to do is to stay busy when you're on your feet for 14 hours a day [patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------

www.SinisterMustang.com

kingdavid
¯
Member # 11179

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingdavid  Ford pictures for kingdavid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went with my pop it was a good show not many mustangs this year like previous years, But still nice cars and good show. I stopped by your guys car and checked it out clean ride it was nice meeting you guys.

--------------------
1967 mustang 410W
2014 Oxford White 5.0

Posts: 305 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

quote:
Originally posted by kingdavid:
I went with my pop it was a good show not many mustangs this year like previous years, But still nice cars and good show. I stopped by your guys car and checked it out clean ride it was nice meeting you guys.

Surprisingly, there wasn't! Usually its over saturated with mustangs, but i only saw a select few. maybe 2-3 fastbacks, one convertible, and 2 fox bodies. I didn't really get much time to go outside and check out what was out there.

--------------------

www.SinisterMustang.com

89_Fakesnake
¯
Member # 1253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89_Fakesnake  Ford pictures for 89_Fakesnake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your car/setup looked great - lots of people checking it out each time I went by. I've never seen your work but I was very impressed as to the level of detail that went into that car - great build!!!

Personally, I was pretty disappointed with this year's attendance. I don't think that opening Saturday was the best decision. I'm sure the committee anticipated a number of additional sales from Monday, but not everyone works for the State or a business that recognizes President's Day.

This was my first year having a car in the show - our club had about 16 cars entered this year. I still had a good time and will most likely do it again next year.

We were in the WAAAAAAAY back out by the horse track...so unless you walked the ENTIRE show, you probably missed the club pavillion.

--------------------
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (for sale)
1972 F100
2007 GSXR 1000

Posts: 480 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

quote:
Originally posted by 89_Fakesnake:
Your car/setup looked great - lots of people checking it out each time I went by. I've never seen your work but I was very impressed as to the level of detail that went into that car - great build!!!

Personally, I was pretty disappointed with this year's attendance. I don't think that opening Saturday was the best decision. I'm sure the committee anticipated a number of additional sales from Monday, but not everyone works for the State or a business that recognizes President's Day.

This was my first year having a car in the show - our club had about 16 cars entered this year. I still had a good time and will most likely do it again next year.

We were in the WAAAAAAAY back out by the horse track...so unless you walked the ENTIRE show, you probably missed the club pavillion.

The car got ALOT of attention. Not strictly because it was a Mustang, but because of the vinyl wrap / color. We've put a lot of time into this Boss since we decided to pull the trigger on a full race car conversion. About 4 weeks ago, it was completely stock. So its definitely a fresh build and still more needs to be done.

I wasn't too impressed with attendance either. I believe the most people in my booth at any given time was 10-15 and anytime after 6:00 was practically dead. This was our 2nd year of having a booth there, and while its not my decision to continue to do it, I don't believe we will anymore after this year.

It was tough trying to navigate the show this year. As a vendor we were given a map, but I gave out a few tickets to family members and they completely missed 2 buildings because of how spread out the event was.

I didn't even know the club pavilion had cars in it. I thought there was only the outdoor show, A-D buildings and the award tent. The only time i had to walk the show was late at night when it was almost closing time.

The amount of square footage for the actual show needs to be much smaller. Having everything spread out among the buildings is way too much.

--------------------

www.SinisterMustang.com

89_Fakesnake
¯
Member # 1253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89_Fakesnake  Ford pictures for 89_Fakesnake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bet it did - I know as soon as I walked through the doors and saw the color it got my attention! Good lord...4 weeks!!! It came out great IMO!!! I agree - the show can be GREATLY condensed into a smaller area. To be honest, I enjoy driving events a million times more than car shows but since this was a club event I thought what the hell. My truck had no business being parked next to half of the cars there, but I am just getting started so I figured I'd show whats been done so far. Mine is the red '72 and my dad's is the '40. Both are far from stock lol

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[ 2015-02-18, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: 89_Fakesnake ]

--------------------
1972 F100
2007 GSXR 1000

Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

I saw both of those rigs there. And i have a few questions! i was curious as to what the radiator under the bed did? My coworker and I were trying to figure it out but didn't want to get too indepth climbing under and seeing where the piping went.

Any input?

--------------------

www.SinisterMustang.com

89_Fakesnake
¯
Member # 1253

LOL every time I walked up to the truck people were standing there scratching their heads....

Long story short, my dad was dealing with over heating issues. He mocked up a 2nd radiator but didn't fully plumb it in time for the show. I'll end up going through the cooling system shortly to see if I can identify any culprits. His has been a 14 year project that just hit the road a few months ago

--------------------
1972 F100
2007 GSXR 1000

89_Fakesnake
¯
Member # 1253

I told a few people the radiator kept the rear diff fluid cooled down - the look of confusion on their faces was priceless

--------------------
1972 F100
2007 GSXR 1000

Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

Haha thats what i figured it was for, a 2nd radiator for overheating issues. but i was still dumbfounded. I cant even get my 67 mustang to warm up with an aluminum radiator in it, so i swapped it back to the factory radiator!

--------------------

www.SinisterMustang.com

89_Fakesnake
¯
Member # 1253

Oh wow now that is weird...I'd ask you some technical questions related to your issue but since you're clearly affiliated with a quality performance repair shop - I'll spare you LOL

[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
1972 F100
2007 GSXR 1000

Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

quote:
Originally posted by 89_Fakesnake:
Oh wow now that is weird...I'd ask you some technical questions related to your issue but since you're clearly affiliated with a quality performance repair shop - I'll spare you LOL

[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

Haha! Thanks, I appreciate it [burnout] [patriot]

--------------------

www.SinisterMustang.com

TwelveFifty
¯
Member # 13182

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwelveFifty  Ford pictures for TwelveFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you guys get the car wrapped or is that painted?

--------------------
This is my sig...

Posts: 78 | From: This place hurr... | Registered: Sep 2013  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com