Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Overwhelmed...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Overwhelmed...
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So many options to build a car. Sky is the limit. With money you can build anything or buy anything.

Question is, when and why did the Mustang become all of our pride and joy? Or obsession. Its never ending.

We spend hours and hours on forums, researching, then wrenching and building the car we want/like. All this time and money into our hobbies. It can make or break a relationship, or for some, never get into one...(luckily my wife is into the mustang... Maybe not obsessed but still into them.)

I don't know what it was but when I got into the Stangs in the late 90s/early 2000s... It just never stopped.
It's 4am and I'm on here...jeez.
Just want to see what you all say/think. Another conversation for the General Talk Section.

[ 2015-02-16, 04:00 AM: Message edited by: Autumnstang97 ]

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive been around cars since I can remember. My dad owned a shop so I grew up learning how to wrench. When I was around 10 years old i helped restore/customize my dads 1954 Mercury, and I've been hooked ever since. I really wanted a 50's hot rod or custom as my first car, but couldn't afford one with the money I had saved up ($1200). I started looking for a 67-72 C-10 but I couldn't find any that weren't in dire need of everything. One day I decided to look into foxbody Mustangs and knew i had found something that i liked and could afford. After looking at a few cars, i found my 85 GT 5 minutes away from my house and bought it the next day. 4 years later, i still have it and have been through a few other mustangs as well. I currently have a 96 Mystic and 86 SVO, to go along with my 85. I really dont know what it is about Mustangs that got me hooked, ive never considered myself biased towards Ford or any brand for that matter. Enough of my rambling, time for some sleep...

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For me, mustangs started when I helped my dad restore his 65 fastback in the 90's. We started when I was in 5th grade or so and he sold it right before I got my license in high school. His intention was to save it for me, but he ended up selling it because he lost interest and thought I'd get myself into trouble with it. It was from then that I knew I needed to work hard, make money, and buy my own mustang(s)! Since then, I've been through about a dozen different mustangs, had fun with some, hated others, etc...in the end, there's always another one to try!

It definitely kept me out of trouble working on cars and spending my time in the garage rather then on the streets fucking around. As I got older, my appreciation for them evoloved and instead of trying to make then go faster in a straight line, I now like to make them handle well on a race track. I doubt I'll ever leave the mustang community. Time will only tell what the next project will be...

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Been around custom cars an trucks since the day I was born. My dad had a from dirt track cars all the way to full custom trucks an cars from the fifty's. An the only reason I got in to foxbody mustang's is because there light an cheap to make them go fast there basically the chevy 350 of the car world there tons of after market parts for them everywhere.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
. An the only reason I got in to foxbody mustang's is because there light an cheap to make them go fast there basically the chevy 350 of the car world there tons of after market parts for them everywhere.

Im slowly starting to favor this decision..Been thinking about getting in the foxbody game after 13 years of fucking with modulars..Just looking for a change. Only thing is, It seems its hard to find a straight enough coupe to work with for a decent price. but then again, this hobby isnt cheap [patriot]

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I watch 2 fast 2 furious and started to play need for speed, then I got hook on it.

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by i:
I watch 2 fast 2 furious and started to play need for speed, then I got hook on it.

que?
diablounicorn
¯
Member # 13033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for diablounicorn  Ford pictures for diablounicorn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
growing up in oakland in he late 80s and 90s. my mom boyfriend brought her one when i was little, my uncle had one and you couldnt help to see nothing but 64-69 and foxbody mustangs and cougars in the area, especially since i lived on 73rd and everyone used to hang out on hagenburger how ever you spell he street haha.

my grandpa was a mopar man drag raced his 70 challenger which he just sold this year before he passed away, and he rest of my family or chevy folks, something about mustangs and early f100-f150s

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my uncle in L.A had a turbo eighty somthing mustang and we went to get it washed one day and on the way home he lit em up at a stop light that made a very big impresion on me at the age of ten my first car was a 78 ramcharger with a 440ci and my second car was a 84 porsche 928S and the one that kind of took hold was my third a 84 5.0 vert I had it for a few years and then sold it I later got the uncontrolable urge to get another fox when the show pinks was on every one was running fox'es then I set out looking for a notch but every one i saw was a basket case or beat to shit so I settled on a clean 90 lx hatch. she is no show stopper has never let me down and can take one hell of a beating after all of the work i have put in. My 2014 5.0 is nice and loaded but it will never have the same connection with me as my FOX
Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thinking back, another reason I got into modded stangs was my neighbors friend and him did a Saleen blower install on his 02 mustang GT. They gave me a ride in it after and when he punched the throttle I was just in amazement. That was my first experience inside a supercharged car. I believe it was making around 400 hp. just sitting in the passenger seat when he lit up the back end (almost loosing it) was incredible.

It was funny bc they weren't young, they were in their mid/late 50s just with money to do it. They both ended up buying matching mystichrome Cobras. Since then one has sold theirs and the other sold the GT. I believe Apex Motorsports did the tune on the SC 2002 GT before it threw a rod or toasted the motor.

[ 2015-02-19, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: Autumnstang97 ]

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Seems like most people got into it because of their fathers or a family member. I got into mustangs when I was really young. My dad bought a 86 in 90 after that I had to get a fox. Was always around cars and working on them since I can remember...... In my opinion it's the best hobby/life style [patriot]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I actually was a die hard chevy kid growing up, my family all have chevy's. My cousin bought a 86 CHP and I bought a IROC and threw a 350 in it. Basically never ran right, always working on it so I spent most my time rolling around in my cousins 86. It basically grew on me so I ended up buying that car and never looked back. By the time I graduated high school I had 5 of them. Then all I did was buy and sell them till 21 years old. Then j had to get a real job! But still own 3 foxbody's today and have owned about 100 mustangs through the years!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com