Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Took pre test and failed smog. Any Ideas

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Took pre test and failed smog. Any Ideas
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thinking about purchasing a foxbody and it failed the pre test today. It only has a 2-Cat h but not sure that would be the biggest contributing factor. Any ideas on what it might take to get it to pass?

-

-

[ 2015-02-10, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: GOT 50 ]

Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
300 bucks and your reg.

Pm neight

[ 2015-02-10, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: 135.0 ]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
300 bucks and your reg.

Pm neight

+2

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It needs those 2 missing cats.

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Egr is not working is why the nox is high fix that first. An then recheck.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *Als50*:
It needs those 2 missing cats.

For the visual yea but I've seen multiple mustangs pass the sniffer on 2 cats

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
4 years ago I got away with 2 cats. 2 years ago it was a no go. I was lucky I still had the stock h pipe.

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

Posts: 588 | From: South San Fran | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my buddys blown s trim h/c/i 47lb injector fox passed the sniffer with a bbk 2cat high flow x pipe last year.

[ 2015-02-10, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Saleen 00-768 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

hidnn0s
¯
Member # 13845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn0s  Ford pictures for hidnn0s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2 cats is 100% not the issue AT ALL with failing smog
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn0s:

Thanks for pointing that out captain obvious.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
hidnn0s
¯
Member # 13845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn0s  Ford pictures for hidnn0s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:

Donkey. You haven't and cannot fix shit. Stop acting like you can. We've all heard and saw how you work, NOTE N8'S CAR....
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:

Donkey. You haven't and cannot fix shit. Stop acting like you can. We've all heard and saw how you work, NOTE N8'S CAR....
Really did I not say it need a cam a your hero n8 declined the work.remember I have pictures of the cam when came out of the car.
hidnn0s
¯
Member # 13845

Work you performed was nothing shy of a joke. I cannot believe you took that job on!
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Work you performed was nothing shy of a joke. I cannot believe you took that job on!

Did you see any work that I performed or you just trying to troll like you always do. At times you are worse then a Crack whore on free aids testing day.
hidnn0s
¯
Member # 13845

That job was an absolute joke. Where you started and took the repair when your own friend told you its the wrong direction, but nooo, you knew what you were doing, until you didnt. Not sure what's worse, that you couldn't do the job, or the fact Dan out did you on the same job!
sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinisterblk  Ford pictures for sinisterblk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Definitely EGR with those high NOX
Posts: 549 | From: angels camp | Registered: May 2008  |  :
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sinisterblk:
Definitely EGR with those high NOX

+1 [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com