Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Back Problems

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Back Problems
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone else suffer from back problems?
Went to the gym today and started out with a 500M swim, after that I was going to do a 2 mile run and lifting weights afterwards. I started jogging and not even 1/8 mile into the run I felt extreme lower back pain. I had to quit immediately, and limped all the way back to my car with the help of a friend.

I've never experienced any back problems until this and it hit me out of nowhere. I'm laid up, probably for a while it seems like. Doc said to take it easy for a month and return to see if there's anything else if I still have problems.
Figures something would go wrong on my last day of work until I take vacation. [BS flag]

This post goes out to all you back pain sufferers, I've never understood how bad it is until now..

[ 2015-02-06, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: JohnCM ]

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes I do, it's probly sciatic , you will probly need to be adjusted professionaly or bed rest for a week to naturally heal

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
At night I have to crack my back in order to lay still to fall asleep. When I got in a car accident I couldn't really walk the next day unless I leaned to the side and walked same with sitting down but I had to like lay down pretty much because sitting straight up killed my back.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
cpthowdy
¯
Member # 10055

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cpthowdy  Ford pictures for cpthowdy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Herniated L5-s1 with sciatic and horrible spasms that locks my body completely . Had 2 epidurals,pt,chiropractic sessions with little to no success. Only relief I get is if I take a ton a pain pills a day. Talk to a surgeon but because my age I was told it was not a great idea.im only 27. Treat it soon or in time it'll get worse

--------------------
*04 cobra,TT,magnum,sra,E85
*08 zo6 h/c/i
*03 cobra, whipple *sold*
*02 GT, stroker, blown, cammed *sold*

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe your Glutes didn't activate?? [Big Grin]
(See Tiger Woods explanation of why he had to quit his latest tournament)!!

Ibuprofin is your friend now!

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cpthowdy:
Herniated L5-s1 with sciatic and horrible spasms that locks my body completely . Had 2 epidurals,pt,chiropractic sessions with little to no success. Only relief I get is if I take a ton a pain pills a day. Talk to a surgeon but because my age I was told it was not a great idea.im only 27. Treat it soon or in time it'll get worse

My friend was in a bad car wreak when he was 17. He's in his mid 40's now and he's to the point where he can't even work. Doctors have said his injury to his neck is so old they are afraid to operate due to the higher risk of permanent damage. But go figure. A guy who's worked his whole life is getting the runaround about receiving state disability now. SMH

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stretch an work your core
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Usually an Asian Massage with a Happy Ending takes care of the pain for me.. [Wink]

seriously though, I had back problems for a while.. Went to a OG who cracked my back for me and its been great ever since.. Hurt like a B**** when he first cracked it and I felt like I was getting the chills! but a little while later the pain was gone and Ive been good ever since then..

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I suffered from sciatic nerve let me tell you about a pain that just won't go away!! Anyways I woke up one day and pain was gone but I still suffer from stiff lower back and discomfort at times but I'm stubborn and haven't gotten an adjustment heard that can really help!!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got my injuriy back in 94, I fell down some stairs in the rain wile delivering a package. My hip bone I think cracked where my sciatic nerve goes through, if you've ever broken a bone then you'll know the bone grows back thicker. That thicker bone is what I think is pressing on my sciatic nerve. I'm 17% disabled for the rest of my life. I'm 44 now I was 24 when it happened. I take 4 50mg tramadol times a day. If I don't have my meds I have to sleep standing up leaning against the wall. My left leg tingles and the muscles are constantly twitching. I tell my sons that the injuries you get in your 20s will really bother you in your 40s. So be careful and take care of yourself.

--------------------
No half steppin

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I fractured a vertebrae back in '03. Not fun. My back has never been 100% since. You need to find a good chiropractor to set you right. I can now go 6-8 months between adjustments, but I still have some bad days here and there.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fractured L2-L4 in 2004 and still never fully recovered. The cold tends to affect me the most. Tiger Balm and Motrin, man.
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Wow and your only 27? I have a ruptured disc in my L5-S1 and a herniated disc on my L4-L5. I get those spasms when I'm not careful with what I do. Takes longer to recover. Like you they recommend to postpone surgery when it becomes unmanageable.

4MY8ters seen me today. I look like a wreck. And the day that I reaggrivated my back was on Tuesday.

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
4 years ago I had a fusion done. L5-S1 the disc had deteriatec to very thin. I had put up with it for 10 years. The only relief I got was a lot of anti inflamitories, aleve to be specific. I would take 8-10 a day and it helped. 28 years as a carpenter took a tole on my back.

As suggested above, once you feel better work on keeping your core strong.

I was off work 7 months and have been back to work with not much pain since. If you want a good opinion on what is going on in your back I strongly suggest dr. Slosar at the spine care clinic in daly city. I wouldn't let any body up here work on me.

Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
hidnn0s
¯
Member # 13845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn0s  Ford pictures for hidnn0s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

They told me the same at 21. I had it fused with my bone, it didn't take. Fused with donor bone and it took. My day to day life is amazing compared... I've ran a few 1/2 marathons with my wife etc with no back pain.
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never had back issues until I sat in for hours on end at a previous job. I didn't lift weights or do any sort of strenuous activity and one day I was getting pain down my leg and I couldn't even sit up to get out of bed in the mornings. Putting on shoes and socks HA! It was the most pain I've had and from quick searches using ol' google I seen I had some sciatic issues. My remedy was to not sit in the chair and rest. Took about a month, it sucked. Been almost 18 months now and no pains.

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

ls1 miguel
¯
Member # 10053

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ls1 miguel  Ford pictures for ls1 miguel    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had lower back problem
Muscle relaxants, and stretching my hamstrings solved the problem for me.

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a story of a lady who broke her back and came back to be a super athlete
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thankfully I am feeling much better than I did 2 days ago. I am still sketched out about doing anything because of how immediate the onset was initially.
But I will definitely do a good amount of stretching before starting any runs in the future.
Hope all of you guys out there with bad backs find some comfort soon [patriot]

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car accidents have mine all out of shape. No pain like back pain. Hope you find some relief!

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com