Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » NEED HELP/opinion on my 03mach1 problem starting

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NEED HELP/opinion on my 03mach1 problem starting
1.mach.8.u
¯
Member # 13869

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1.mach.8.u  Ford pictures for 1.mach.8.u    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any opinion helps before I give up and take it to a shop
I did a 03 mach1 swap on my fox all of a sudden few months later didn't want to start so I would put carb cleaner threw the vacuum line and it start so they said the fuel pump is going out, so one day it left me stranded did not want to even turn on with the carb cleaner, got it towed, so I dicided to put a 04 cobra fuel pump (used)worked fine after,a few days later it does the same thing, fuel pump turns on,no fuel going to the motor, but I wait like 20m and turns back on and runs perfect but then sometimes I turn it off does not want to turn back on,but I can here the fuel pump, changed the fuel filter too, sometimes it turns on but it acks up does not want to turn on, what might be the problem, thanks guys if I can get some help, I'm new to this modular motors

[ 2015-02-01, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: 1.mach.8.u ]

--------------------
1990 Cobra Clone
W/ nitrous

LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuel pump relay?

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

1.mach.8.u
¯
Member # 13869

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1.mach.8.u  Ford pictures for 1.mach.8.u    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I I think if it was the fuel pump relay, fuel pump won't turn on but it does but no fuel goes to the fuel rails, unless if the relay is the issue but that is what I think,

--------------------
1990 Cobra Clone
W/ nitrous

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LETHL 03:
Fuel pump relay?

Thinking the same thing

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
1.mach.8.u
¯
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by i:
quote:
Originally posted by LETHL 03:
Fuel pump relay?

Thinking the same thing
I'm going to check into that then thanks

--------------------
1990 Cobra Clone
W/ nitrous

NK2186
¯
Member # 12319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NK2186  Ford pictures for NK2186    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you replace the fuel filter?

If you do not have pressure at the rail this means you either have a clogged fuel filter, weak pump, pinched line or possible a wiring (most likely a ground) issue.

Try jumping the fuel pump and seeing if you get consistent pressure. also inspect all the hard lines under the car for kinks

--------------------
90 LX 5.0 - Stolen/stripped
89 LX 5.0 - Stolen and missing as of 7-24-13. LIC# 4HIP151 :(
99 Cobra
00 Exploder

1.mach.8.u
¯
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by NK2186:
Did you replace the fuel filter?

If you do not have pressure at the rail this means you either have a clogged fuel filter, weak pump, pinched line or possible a wiring (most likely a ground) issue.

Try jumping the fuel pump and seeing if you get consistent pressure. also inspect all the hard lines under the car for kinks

Yes I did change the fuel filter now I'm going to see if the pump has the same voltage as when it does not want to turn on, and check out my fuel lines and everything els thanks man

--------------------
1990 Cobra Clone
W/ nitrous

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com