Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Ongoing Mod List

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Ongoing Mod List
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Since I just can't seem to leave anything alone I decided to personalize my '14 Brembo GT ~just a little.

Car came with leather and all the good stuff.

Bought the car brand new from the dealer, bone stock back in March of 2014

All stock, getting acquainted with the garage...

-

Since then I have added a number of things including track pack rear diff cover (Installed by dealer at first gear oil service drain/refill)...

-

3" Flowmaster mandrel cat-back exhaust with x-pipe, re-vamped with old-school Flows and rolled stainless tips...

-

-

Staggered STR 607 Gunmetal wheels and 285 rear tires, BMR LCA's and re-locaters, adjustable panhard, Steeda Ultra-Lite springs...

-

FRPP Track Cal tune with lopey idle, pit speed control and launch control, Drop-in K&N, better shifter.

-

Here's a video of some canyon-carving after the tune was installed...

-

http://vid69.photobucket.com/albums/i55/bwkelley76/IMG_2333_zpsb593a33a.mp4

http://s69.photobucket.com/user/bwkelley76/media/IMG_2333_zpsb593a33a.mp4.html

~All the normal stuff for the most part.

Most recently I'm customizing the body...

Added a Boss diffuser and RTR license plate surround...

-

Roush rear/side splitters...

-

Coming very soon are Roush side splitters (In transit), Cervini's GT500 conversion kit for front (Grilles and chin splitter, currently in production), Stow and Show front license plate bracket and GT/CS lower bumper fog lights (Already have fog lights and license plate bracket new in their boxes).

Pics for reference...

-

-

-

-

Nothing super special yet but thought I'd share. Down the road plans are a one-piece driveshaft, MGW shifter, and if I'm lucky an Aluminator shortblock (Might be in the works, we shall see).

[ 2015-01-25, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------
Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things. "RIP George Carlin"

Posts: 886 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2008  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The ass looks 1000k better! Looking good. Post pics as soon as you get that gt500 kit on.
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks and sounds nice

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Clean car bro [patriot]
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys!

--------------------

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How are u liking the Bmr Lca? I was looking to get the steeda Lca for mine but they are sold out

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
How are u liking the Bmr Lca? I was looking to get the steeda Lca for mine but they are sold out

Love 'em, especially in combination with the relocators. I'm on the middle notch and ZERO wheel hop, ever. The combo I have along with a good 4-wheel alignment and a centered panhard/axle completely changed the car.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Roush side splitters arrived...

BEFORE

-

AFTER

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

The Cervinis GT500 kit has finally shipped! I should receive it next Friday. [Smile]

-

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Upper grille showed up. Lower grille and chin splitter will be here next week.

Fits very nicely, getting the fog lights out was a bit of a PITA and my knuckles are missing a bit of skin.

I do think down the road I will black out the AC condenser or maybe remove the center brace and fog light mounting braces. This grille screws in place from behind and it can be done through the top if you're flexible enough. No clips to break which is nice.

-

-

-

-

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Yep, definitely blacking out the AC condenser.

[ 2015-02-08, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Or might consider leaving it aluminum and cutting out the center bar and old fog light brackets. Not sure yet.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Removed the braces, toyed with a few different ideas and decided to stencil and paint "GT 5.0" on the AC condenser.

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The writing looks bad ass.. a subtle change that makes it stand out!! Cars coming along veryyyy nicely!! [patriot]

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:
The writing looks bad ass.. a subtle change that makes it stand out!! Cars coming along veryyyy nicely!! [patriot]

Thanks! I've tried to keep it respectable and subtle but by no means stock.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I try not to look at this thread because every time I do it makes me want to go buy a coyote. Cars looking great! [worship]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
I try not to look at this thread because every time I do it makes me want to go buy a coyote. Cars looking great! [worship]

Thanks! I held out for 3 years and just couldn't take it anymore...lol. Now is the time to get one, you might even find a new '14 still on a lot somewhere. ....everything is For Sale by the way. I'm open to offers [Wink]

[ 2015-02-11, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Received the lower grille today, it looks great, excellent quality. The chin splitter will be here tomorrow and I already have the California Special lower fog lights. My goal is to install the lower grille, fog lights and chin splitter all at once.

[ 2015-02-11, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Received the chin splitter, can't wait to get everything installed!

--------------------

PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyBoy415  Ford pictures for PonyBoy415    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet ass ride....my coyote looks good but not this good.... [worship] [worship]
Posts: 356 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2014  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by PonyBoy415:
Sweet ass ride....my coyote looks good but not this good.... [worship] [worship]

Thanks!

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Everything is installed now.

Here are a few pics of the removable license plate frame. I tied it into the k-member with flat-bar to strengthen it a bit. Otherwise it just kinda flops around.

-

-

-

(NOTE: The front bumper is actually going to get re-painted or replaced soon and the old license plate holes will be gone. ~The dealer owes it to me. I just wanted to get everything mocked up and definitely didn't want them installing it all. I may actually have them do their thing on the cover and then let me put everything back on so I know it gets done right.)

And the finished product...

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Here's a picture with the license plate clicked into position on the removable bracket.

-

--------------------

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good! [patriot]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
Looking good! [patriot]

Thanks!

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com