Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Law Enforcement

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Law Enforcement
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have my physical for Oakland PD and my written test for Fremont PD next month. Does anyone have any advice/tips. What should I say or do for my oral examination/interview?

--------------------
03 Terminator

Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sinister Mustang  Ford pictures for Sinister Mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't Lie.

--------------------
Message me for 1979-2015 Mustang Parts!

www.SinisterMustang.com

Posts: 255 | From: Roseville,CA | Registered: Dec 2014  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
F the police

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First off, I hope you have been training for the physicals. There is a Pellet B study guide that you can find online or at a local bookstore, pick that up and read through it. It provides sample tests.

Just be honest with what they ask you and don't over think it. Have you gone through an academy yet?

--------------------
1966 Mustang

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
F the police

+1

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oral?

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
quote:
F the police

+1
TYPICAL VICTIM MENTALITY.
1quick302
¯
Member # 10887

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1quick302  Ford pictures for 1quick302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went through Sacs oral interview. Best thing to do is be confident when delivering your answers to the questions they ask you. Also try not to over think the questions and don't be scared to ask them to repeat questions because some of the questions asked tend to be three and four part questions.

Also the exams tend to be easy if you have any kind of common sense and good judgement. Nothing someone with a college degree or even a high school diploma couldn't handle, but best bet is to just go online and look it up. Practice makes perfect (sometimes)

Good Luck

[ 2015-01-16, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: 1quick302 ]

--------------------
92' white GT "stock"
89' red devil coupe AKA 1quick302

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.t0es:
quote:
quote:
F the police

+1
Nope it's a verse from a popular song

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for the oral, be consistent with what you wrote on your initial application and like all job interviews, make eye contact and speak loud and clear.
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the responses I'm going in there confident but not cocky. Some of the questions on the polygraph/psychological evaluation are tricky but I'll be as straight forward as possible.

--------------------
03 Terminator

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you need a college degree to become a cop? or is it just a high school diploma?

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how would you handle this situation? http://abc7news.com/news/chp-hopes-to-make-arrests-in-oakland-sideshow/471538/
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

It helps to have a degree but it's not required. I have a BA and a minor but my buddy who just graduated the academy had a fellow cadet who was just as educated fail two months into the academy. Alone you couldn't stop the sideshow but you can put a scare to the people who participated and/or have future plans to participate. Target one of the people participating in the sideshow take away their car for a month forcing them to pay the tow yard, also hit them with a hefty ticket which will make them re consider doing that again.

--------------------
03 Terminator

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SantaClara_Cobra:
how would you handle this situation? http://abc7news.com/news/chp-hopes-to-make-arrests-in-oakland-sideshow/471538/

wait for cover, buy popcorn, drone strike.
cpthowdy
¯
Member # 10055

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cpthowdy  Ford pictures for cpthowdy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For the oral, dress professional, shave your face, make eye contact, don't slouch, use your hands while talking. The oral mostly is about going through your phs and re questioning what you wrote, so don't BS them. They'll ask you why are you a good fit to the department besides the other applicants. Don't be nervous and think before you speak. If you don't understand the question just ask for them to repeat
Good luck!

--------------------
*04 cobra,TT,magnum,sra,E85
*08 zo6 h/c/i
*03 cobra, whipple *sold*
*02 GT, stroker, blown, cammed *sold*

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
F the police

+1
not you man, im talking to the clown with the victim mentality [patriot]
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
F the police

+1
Get off my dick. U got the stick up ur ass mentality.

[ 2015-01-16, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: 90GT510 ]

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
F the police

+1
I do not speak ghetto, Please translate into civilized terms. Thanks [patriot]
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
F the police

+1
I do not speak ghetto, Please translate into civilized terms. Thanks [patriot]
I'll outclass you any day of the week.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

quote:
Originally posted by cpthowdy:
For the oral, dress professional, shave your face, make eye contact, don't slouch, use your hands while talking. The oral mostly is about going through your phs and re questioning what you wrote, so don't BS them. They'll ask you why are you a good fit to the department besides the other applicants. Don't be nervous and think before you speak. If you don't understand the question just ask for them to repeat
Good luck!

Thanks bro I'll take this into consideration.

--------------------
03 Terminator

TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cpthowdy:
Good luck!

+1, Be confident and positive from start to finish.
Good luck!

--------------------
04'MystichromeSVTCobra#524
03'BuiltSilverSVTCobra-SOLD
99'BlackSVTCobra-SOLD

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com