Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Baseball Hall of Fame

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Baseball Hall of Fame
PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyBoy415  Ford pictures for PonyBoy415    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Baseball had its hall of fame voting yesterday and Barry Bonds only got around 35% of the vote. I think this has become a popularity contest and not based on talent. Im so done with Baseball and it's way of turning there back on players that brought the sports popularity back after the strike of the nineties. MLB knew these guys were juicing and chose not to do anything about it until the Feds got involved ......

--------------------
2013 GT500 Deep Impact Blue # 2878
2013 5.0 with TrackPack - Sold
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3
1989 5.0 LX Convertible - Sold

Posts: 356 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2014  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eric Byrnes was on KNBR yesterday afternoon talking about this. He was saying that if we are going to keep anyone out of the Hall from that "steroid" era, particularly two of baseballs best, they should keep all players from that era out, because you DONT KNOW how many of them were doing roids at the time. We only know about the ones who got caught and/or finger pointed.
He's probably talking about Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds, with a side mention of Mark McGwire.

I'm not sure about that statement, but he's got a point.

Food for thought!

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sure there are many players in the hall of fame that have doped, and in the era that bonds played you have to almost assume that everyone was doing it. Sure Bonds hit homeruns dirty but he hit those homeruns off dirty pitchers as well.

--------------------
03 Terminator

PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyBoy415  Ford pictures for PonyBoy415    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bonds numbers from 1986-2001 are hall of fame worthy alone and that's before all the alleged juicing

--------------------
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bonds was and is a punk bitch. Even had a guy do time cause he's such a little coward. All the drugs in the world and he still didn't win a ring. Karma is a bitch and I hope his ass never gets in. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
Bonds was and is a punk bitch. Even had a guy do time cause he's such a little coward. All the drugs in the world and he still didn't win a ring. Karma is a bitch and I hope his ass never gets in. [patriot]

Must be an A's fan ?? Lol

--------------------
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PonyBoy415:
Bonds numbers from 1986-2001 are hall of fame worthy alone and that's before all the alleged juicing

Must be a Giants fan? LOL

--------------------

PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

Of course , good luck to you guys next year...

--------------------
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's what happens when you let people especially writers vote it's a popularity contest and honestly I think they let too many people in every year that goes for all leagues seems like everyone's gettin in these days. I'm not a Bonds or McGwire fan but I'm sure there's guys in there who were more dirty and he'll would they please let Pete Rose in finally!
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bonds will never make it in hes a cheater. Mcgwires last year for eligibility is next year, and no way Is he in, nor Clemens, or Palmeiro

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
Bonds will never make it in hes a cheater. Mcgwires last year for eligibility is next year, and no way Is he in, nor Clemens, or Palmeiro

+1 all them fools don't deserve to get in.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com