Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » state board of equalization

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: state board of equalization
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone work there? they say i owe taxes on my car.. can anyone help with that?
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you buy a car recently and put a different amount on the slip that you gave to the DMV? I think this happened to my buddy before. He bought a R1 from a guy and the guy left the selling price blank so my buddy could write it in. However, the state found out the real sold price somehow and he had to pay taxes on it.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes mine is like that also... But I have had the car in my name for a year. My brother gifted the car to me before putting it in his name.. Have done that in past and been fine. Can anyone help me with this?
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
foxbody
¯
Member # 582

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxbody  Ford pictures for foxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if he gifted it to you before putting it in his name,then u owe the tax

he cant gift something that isnt his

if it was in his name,and then gifted it to you,then you would not owe any tax

Posts: 15756 | From: san jose | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Tonp650
¯
Member # 10888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tonp650  Ford pictures for Tonp650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Call the BOE and speak to them. They are usually pretty helpful....unlike the IRS

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com