Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anyone done a coyote swap .?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone done a coyote swap .?
99GT_SN95
¯
Member # 13863

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for 99GT_SN95  Ford pictures for 99GT_SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know it's pricey , I'm 19. But I've invested in arm and leg into my 99 GT since I got her in late February of this year. I want to do a coyote swap instead of building up a 2v. Main reason is Gas Milage and on top of that you'll have a much higher ceiling with a N/A producing 400hp+ engine. But I love the body's and style of the new edge. I just sold my cobra bumper to buy a termi one. Plan on doing a Saleen spoiler and roush side skirts wit side exhaust. But anyways my question is HOW HARD IS it.? I found a lot of truck (F-150 5.0's) on eBay going for around 1800 I could buy in And the other lil miscellaneous stuff. And. I know with a few tweaks they can make as much or more as the regular mustang 5.0. So how hard is it to accomplish this in a new edge??? And what's the time process looking like because this is my daily driver

--------------------
99GT_SN95🚗💨💨💨🚨🚓🚓

19mystic96
¯
Member # 7553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 19mystic96  Ford pictures for 19mystic96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do an LS swap. way cheaper

--------------------
1996 Mystic cobra #32

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 19mystic96:

Maybe in the bay area, where people have been installing tons of stolen LS motors for cheap. I personally think the Coyote swap would be a better choice and nobody should put a Ford thru that kind of embarrassment by installing an LS Juan in it.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
quote:

Maybe in the bay area, where people have been installing tons of stolen LS motors for cheap. I personally think the Coyote swap would be a better choice and nobody should put a Ford thru that kind of embarrassment by installing an LS Juan in it.
If you're paying for it then I stay ford powered if not then why do care how one spends his money?
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

+1 even a budget 5.3 with a cam will feel faster than that 2v. Or find a 6.0 and cam that.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com