Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » dual caliper brackets for cobra rotors, fox width

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: dual caliper brackets for cobra rotors, fox width
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
me and the owner over at north race car brackets have came up with this part, an I bought into the patent to seal the deal. that's right ill be a dealer for these brackets, dual calipers for cobra sized brakes. everything is fox width, this well allow dual cobra calipers for a cobra rotor on your fox an keep the fox track width. Im pretty excited. even if late model ask them for some, there gona get redirected to my phone lol. I love it, probably not interesting except to the drifter guys but heh thought id share. moving out the ghetto one day! ill have the first ship ment in two weeks, already got three sold an 5 used when they get here. 200 bucks shipped at the moment.
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hopefully they do business with you, I would like to upgrade my brakes because that old 1 piston caliper is shitty!
Unfortunately my ass is broke. Do you got any pictures of your product?

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
business is already done, waiting on product, this is for the rear though , for dual , as in 2 calipers for the rear.
SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

Like this?

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't know that was possible ^^^^ ;go figure
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let's be honest. Most the cars on this site can stop by the driver dragging their Jordan's on the asphalt through the rusted out floorboards.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOW95GTS:
 -

Like this?

That's crazy never seen anything like that before [patriot]
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Built88LX:
quote:
Originally posted by SLOW95GTS:
 -

Like this?

That's crazy never seen anything like that before [patriot]
A lot of turbo drag cars have set up like the in the rear so the don't red light when building boost.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would it be possible to do this to the front for cobras?

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasvt8:

What the fuck?
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:

What the fuck?
Seriously? So you can have 2 dual piston calipers up front, what the fuck is wrong with it you fucking troll

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

What the fuck?
Seriously? So you can have 2 dual piston calipers up front, what the fuck is wrong with it you fucking troll
I could imagine the heat that would create.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

What the fuck?
Just buy a 4 piston caliper [Eek!]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
quote:
quote:

What the fuck?
Maybe read a book on brake systems an how the work. An how would you be able to steer the vehicle with a caliper in the way of the steering arm an tie rods.

[ 2014-12-12, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: hurting your feelings ]

9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What the fuck?
Maybe read a book on brake systems an how the work. An how would you be able to steer the vehicle with a caliper in the way of the steering arm an tie rods.
Well see thats all you had to say, not all of us know everything there is to know about everything on cars

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

foxbody
¯
Member # 582

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxbody  Ford pictures for foxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
actually the dual caliper rear set up is usually for drift cars

1 caliper is the regular braking caliper,while the other one is used for the ebrake system

alot of the major brake companies offer dual caliper setups,wilwood,baer etc for both drift as well as drag setups

[ 2014-12-12, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: foxbody ]

Posts: 15754 | From: san jose | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

quote:
Originally posted by foxbody:
actually the dual caliper rear set up is usually for drift cars

1 caliper is the regular braking caliper,while the other one is used for the ebrake system

alot of the major brake companies offer dual caliper setups,wilwood,baer etc for both drift as well as drag setups

I was thinking the same thing, but I thought I was wrong

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

foxbody is correct, sometimes people use them for the emergency brake, this is for drifting. the other company's listed only offer them at the stock disc width, not foxbody width. hopefully i corner the marker for these.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sick idea Duncan can't wait till I'm ready for my rear end to be done to try this upgrade

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com