Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Eric Garner killing opinions? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Eric Garner killing opinions?
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't really pay much attention to the cop killings around the country,things happen in law enforcment understandable I can see both sides most of the time but this one makes me sick..this cop is a piece of shit mother F in my book,no call for this,dude was crying for air at one point and the fuck still didn't let up,waves at the camera as well like a punk..what you guys think about this? Horrible honestly and the cop was let off no charges..

http://nypost.com/2014/12/03/cop-cleared-in-eric-garner-chokehold-death/

[ 2014-12-04, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
I don't really pay much attention to the cop killings around the country,things happen in law enforcment understandable I can see both sides most of the time but this one makes me sick..this cop is a piece of shit mother F in my book,no call for this,dude was crying for air at one point and the fuck still didn't let up,waves at the camera like a punk as well..what you guys think about this shit? Horrible honestly and the cop was let off no charges..

If you can talk then you can breathe period end of statement. but if the guy followed so basic rules like listening an doing what ask of you he could have just got his 32 second slap on the wrist an would be sitting at home with his kids enjoying a hungry man tv dinner an some soda pop.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw the video and i don't think the choke hold was really needed. i wasn't there and i don't know what happened before the video camera was turned on either though.
True if you can talk you can breathe BUT i still feel the cop could have lighten up a bit on the hold, they should have tased him. This wouldn't be an issue if the taser killed him.

[ 2014-12-04, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Wildfire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've personally been put in a sleeper hold from behind like this cop did to that cat,didn't see it coming at all and from a so called "friend" at the time,bitches will be bitches! Anyway I could NOT breathe at all,eventually blacked out for a few seconds yet was able to get words out during the struggle without any issues,so saying if you can talk you can breath is bullshit that's not always true...You can hear it in his voice he was gasping and pleading and that fuck did not let up at all,the video is a dead give away that some cops including that one take that job to the extreme and people end up dying for dumbass reasons...

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
I don't really pay much attention to the cop killings around the country,things happen in law enforcment understandable I can see both sides most of the time but this one makes me sick..this cop is a piece of shit mother F in my book,no call for this,dude was crying for air at one point and the fuck still didn't let up,waves at the camera as well like a punk..what you guys think about this? Horrible honestly and the cop was let off no charges..

+1

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is my point of view, dude had issues with the law before And was selling drugs of the time this happen. Now with that said. We live in this wonderful country were if the dude would have fallow the rules and no charges where made after then u can turn around and make a big ass complain to the city. But nooooo this idiot decides that im not going to let all this cops get me. Now he is dead and making all this idiots of people protest over him. Now was the choke really necessary for that long. Maybe not. But it is what it is. Dont fight the law people over stupid shit.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Straight from Wikipedia....explained, and demonstrated to me yesterday by a Nevada County Sheriff while we were discussing this case. The body goes where the head does.

The lateral vascular neck restraint is still a widely taught and utilized blood restriction hold in law enforcement, and can be performed from behind the suspect (or from the front when the officer is "on top" of the suspect) by putting an arm around the neck of the suspect, with the crook of the elbow over the midline of the neck. This is different from a chokehold, in which the larynx is blocked by the arm. By pinching the arm together while assisting with the free hand, the carotid arteries and jugular veins are compressed on both sides of the neck. This hold does not put any pressure on the airway, but an improperly applied hold could quickly turn into an air choke if the person being restrained resists the hold by attempting to turn around.

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If he has not been highly trained to administer that choke he shouldn't have used it.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Selling drugs [Roll Eyes] he was hustling cigarettes and had just broken up a fight....

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fool, he was not selling drugs, he was supposedly selling loose cigarettes. All the crime in NY going on and five cops repond to that? By the way, that chokehold has been outlawed for cops to use since 1993.

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cops are allowed to kill us, it's a police state. They cover for themselves and citizens are left dead with no justice.
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He was going to die anyways with type 9 diabetes. In my favor the cop did him a favor, just like the scene off of I AM LEGEND, where will smith choked that dog of his. However the cop should be charged for murder.

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
Fool, he was not selling drugs, he was supposedly selling loose cigarettes. All the crime in NY going on and five cops repond to that? By the way, that chokehold has been outlawed for cops to use since 1993.

Find out the facts before you type race baiter.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
grand jury stamped it, so..yeah.
Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
Cops are allowed to kill us, it's a police state. They cover for themselves and citizens are left dead with no justice.

This.

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude had been arrested 31 times prior to this incident. He's got 6 kids and he's selling single cigarettes out in front of a store. I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. 9 previous times he'd been arrested for selling non taxed cigarettes like he was that day he died.
I'm not saying that I'm happy that the guy died. But obviously dude can't follow simple Commands and paid the ultimate price for his defiance of the law.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR. STALLION  Ford pictures for MR. STALLION  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow at these responses.....wow [Confused]

--------------------
Jason McCallum
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown

Posts: 1799 | From: SJ/Campbell, CA USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
Dude had been arrested 31 times prior to this incident. He's got 6 kids and he's selling single cigarettes out in front of a store. I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. 9 previous times he'd been arrested for selling non taxed cigarettes like he was that day he died.
I'm not saying that I'm happy that the guy died. But obviously dude can't follow simple Commands and paid the ultimate price for his defiance of the law.

Regardless of what happened before hand. He was killed by a "peace" officer. If you think that's okay there is something wrong with your thinking.
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
quote:

Regardless of what happened before hand. He was killed by a "peace" officer. If you think that's okay there is something wrong with your thinking.
No his piss poor health is what killed him.I willing to bet he had a hard time breathing when walk from the couch to the fridge to get a pudding pop an a coke.

[ 2014-12-05, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: hurting your feelings ]

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I haven't researched any of his back ground but assuming this is true, just another pos running the streets.

Funny the media has reported any of this? Apparently the jury saw things in the case that we didn't get to see. Like maybe the facts.
All the we see through the media is the poor poor black man being brought down by the man...again and again. The media is only trying to create race tensions throughout the country.
It's working perfectly!

From what I've seen on the news is the choke hold is over and he's on the ground saying "I can't breathe" a couple times. This must mean he's either having his asthma attack or too fat or the choke hold aftermath or all of the above.

He obviously doesn't want to go to jail so he is putting up a confrontation which leads to this. Where is the accountability for his actions which lead to many police officer's trying to take him down? They shouldn't have to take him down, should've never got to that point....ever!
He died because he was a 350 lb slob. The choke was over and he was still talking.
350 lbs is a job for many officer's to do, not just one or two. None of us know what's it's like to work in a big city and be a police officer. You couldn't pay me enough to go through what they do on a daily basis.

[ 2014-12-05, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: 9cobra7 ]

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BREAKING NEWS:

I just got off the phone with the local police dept. They just told me "they are out to get all black people" at any cost.

So I called another police dept. in another state and they said the same thing. So now we know for sure it's true because I verified it personally for you all.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
BREAKING NEWS:

I just got off the phone with the local police dept. They just told me "they are out to get all black people" at any cost.

So I called another police dept. in another state and they said the same thing. So now we know for sure it's true because I verified it personally for you all.

That's how social media works lol
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MR. STALLION:
Wow at these responses.....wow [Confused]

What's your opinion ?

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I usually side with the police officer in these cases because most of the media made controversy could've been avoided if you listened to police and in a way if this man would've of never resisted he'd still be a live today. But I believe it went too far the officer could've of let the choke hold go once he had back up, there was no reason to continue squeezing. I'm sure its escalated because of the mans race but that happens all the time.

--------------------
03 Terminator

hidnn0s
¯
Member # 13845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn0s  Ford pictures for hidnn0s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
He's got 6 kids and he's selling single cigarettes out in front of a store. I don't feel sorry for the guy at all.

Wow..............

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com