Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » CARB Communism (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: CARB Communism
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HOLY CRAP!

I just got off the phone with Edelbrock. I was going to order the Edelbrock Performer RPM II intake and was inquiring about having a CARB sticker sent with it.

The tech said that can't be done. As of the beginning of 2014, those intakes are no longer smog legal in California. WTF??? [Eek!] CARB put them on their shit list. I asked about any other third party manifolds like the Holley and he said he doesn't know of any that are CARB legal any longer. I told him I'm pissed and he said "Tell me about it, our California sales have plummeted since that decision".

THIS IS ******* REDICULOUS!!
The Republik of Kalifornia strikes again.

I hope this is just a nightmare......

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Roll Eyes] [BS flag]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So does this mean even a simple gt40 or cobra intake swap is not smog legal now either
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How do these people get away with this bs. thats why no new cars any more for me above 1976.

IF i was Edelbrock just give them the finger and still sell it with old carb stickers; they have to "grandfather" the old intakes that where sold right?

swear CARB is sucking every gook auto manufacture cock out there to kill the american auto industry

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Built88LX:
So does this mean even a simple gt40 or cobra intake swap is not smog legal now either

No, because they came off of a stock Ford engine of some kind. The guy said that CARB only allows "stock replacements".

He also said that anything bought before 2014 will be allowed providing you have a CARB number and receipt prior to 2014. I asked if he could pre-date my receipt!! He laughed!!

I have to look into this more. Maybe I'll give CARB a call just for grins.....or tears!!

[ 2014-11-14, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Marks93 ]

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cobra racer wants you to ride your bike to work and drive a Prius if you have to go farther than 50 miles.
ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Find a carb # of any edebrock rpm intake and create your own sticker. Just make sure its a real edelbrock carb # asyou can go to the carb website under aftermarket parts database and type in the carb # and get the description of that item.

I have afr 165 heads and I typed in the in the carb # 250 3 and got this

-

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my buddy is going thru this now with his 92 mustang with a rpm 2 intake manifold. He thinks he bought it dec 2013, and he has the edelbrock pdf file that says his manifold is a direct stock replacement.

hope that works.

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Yea, that floored me that CARB did that this year. I really wanted the black powdercoated RPM II. CJPonyParts had it on special for $719.

However, I just went through the same process with Holley and the Systemax II is smog legal. I called them to confirm and I checked the EO# against the Aftermarket, Performance, and Add-On Parts Regulations section of the CARB website and it's listed! Ordered it....but not the black powdercoated version. [Frown]

Now I'm wondering what's the difference between the Holley and the Edelbrock related to CARB?? Only California knows for sure....or do they?? I doubt it. Figured I'd buy the Holley now and get IBTL!! [Mad]

Stang66
¯
Member # 10504

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stang66  Ford pictures for Stang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's why I ended up selling my coupe, fuck CARB

--------------------
1966 Ford Mustang
1990 Notchback
1975 Pontiac Trans Am 400ci

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wait until carb takes over Gasoline sales in CA. When CA starts charging people a tax per mile is when i will either move out of state or get an out of state license and register my cars out of state.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The problem with "grandfathering" is that it creates a loop-hole to deny or fail you when you smog the car. We've seen plenty of examples of this when they did the same BS to catted X-pipes.

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

Posts: 893 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buddys car didnt even want to be touched by smog techs. He showed paperwork from edelbrock and arb. Tech said no at first, but after my buddy showed him papers, he thought about it then went to his supv, who said no.

Off to another smog shop i guess.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From what I was told by the state if in doubt fail it an send to the ref an the make the decision if legal or not.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Yea my buddy is just gonna go to a referee station i think. And he made sure everything he bought to mod his 92 was 50 state legal too...oh well

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
Yea my buddy is just gonna go to a referee station i think. And he made sure everything he bought to mod his 92 was 50 state legal too...oh well

It's a fucked system that the tech get caught between the state an the consumer.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:

I did the same, worked hard to piece the parts that work well together AND are CARB legal. Like I mentioned, I made sure the part said 50 state legal. Just this time, I wanted to make sure I got a plate or sticker with the EO number on it. So I called them and they told me the bad news...Might want to call the vendor to make sure now! What a royal pain!!
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 70stang351w:
How do these people get away with this bs. thats why no new cars any more for me above 1976.

I think 1975 was the last year of exemption

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My car passed today with no problems and an Edelbrock intake. This thread had me stressing!

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One more year and my '88 is a safety only inspection [burnout]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:

what?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
quote:

what?
He lives in the arm pit of America aka Dallas Texas.
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Just wait until carb takes over Gasoline sales in CA. When CA starts charging people a tax per mile is when i will either move out of state or get an out of state license and register my cars out of state.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

what?
I actually live in the Heart of America. The safety only inspection consists of making sure the horn, wipers, mirrors, brakes, tires, windshield, all exterior lights work and or are there.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:

what?
I actually live in the Heart of America. The safety only inspection consists of making sure the horn, wipers, mirrors, brakes, tires, windshield, all exterior lights work and or are there.
Oh ok thats kinda cool.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com