Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 2015 stang vs 2015 camaro (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 2015 stang vs 2015 camaro
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kinda weak that the stang its not what I expected.
http://youtu.be/rTJPDurLEKw

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I feel like it was over hyped performance wise however, I still like how it looks over s197's. And I'm for irs even though it makes it less mustang.

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Camaro comes with a standard mullet too. Just sounds like it comes stock with better suspension. Since cheby hasn't really upgraded their dinosaur pushrod all they end up doing is making the old 350 bigger and add little bells and whistles to it to where they can add a little extra to the suspension to make these comparison videos make them look good. Upgrade here and there to the new mustangs suspension will help down the road but this is first year irs gt mustang ever.
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
Camaro comes with a standard mullet too. Just sounds like it comes stock with better suspension. Since cheby hasn't really upgraded their dinosaur pushrod all they end up doing is making the old 350 bigger and add little bells and whistles to it to where they can add a little extra to the suspension to make these comparison videos make them look good. Upgrade here and there to the new mustangs suspension will help down the road but this is first year irs gt mustang ever.

Push rod motors work no need for 250002 feet of chain to run the cams.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:

+1 pushrod FTW

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Fords been doing it sense the 60's with positive results. I'm surprised Chevy doesn't run a hei distributor in this SS.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't get the bashing of the pushrod series engines, any of the LS Series engines are quite good. I can't ever remember getting 30 MPG in any of the mustangs i've ever owned.
Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
quote:
quote:

Fords been doing it sense the 60's with positive results. I'm surprised Chevy doesn't run a hei distributor in this SS.
The fastest small tire cars in the world have lsx in them
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Push rod motors work no need for 250002 feet of chain to run the cams. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I enjoy my 250002 feet of chain to run my cams. I also enjoy my pushrod. A motor is a motor, as long as it runs good Im happy. You wont catch me putting anything GM in my ford for any reason though. I might buy a camaro & put a coyote in it though
[Big Grin]

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Honestly,

I hate watching these comparison videos because in the grand scheme of things, it comes down to your own personal opinion. How can you watch a youtube episode and just simply agree with the individual driving it? He likes the Camaro more than the mustang, but I like the Mustang more. The cars are so close together in price, weight, power, options that that is what it comes down to... the DRIVER'S opinion.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so the boss 302 still handles better then the new 15?
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Since cheby hasn't really upgraded their dinosaur pushrod all they end up doing is making the old 350 bigger

All of my "dinosaur" pushrod 'cheby' V8's have always achieved MUCH better MPG and were tons more fun to drive as they make much more torque down low than my 4.6 GT ever did. That thing was so slow, granted it was a stock SOHC mod motor, but the power was pathetic. My V6 Accord 6spd DD feels like it could do better than my old GT did, haha.

Realistically, it's just like another user said above - in the 'enthusiast' world it comes to personal preference. All the Ford nut swinging fan boys will be loyal to death even if its an unfounded hate towards GM and backwards for the hardcore Chevy guys. HOWEVER, there are some people out there that do take magazine reviews as the bible and do make purchases based on what they publish.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
quote:
Since cheby hasn't really upgraded their dinosaur pushrod all they end up doing is making the old 350 bigger

All of my "dinosaur" pushrod 'cheby' V8's have always achieved MUCH better MPG and were tons more fun to drive as they make much more torque down low than my 4.6 GT ever did. That thing was so slow, granted it was a stock SOHC mod motor, but the power was pathetic. My V6 Accord 6spd DD feels like it could do better than my old GT did, haha.

Realistically, it's just like another user said above - in the 'enthusiast' world it comes to personal preference. All the Ford nut swinging fan boys will be loyal to death even if its an unfounded hate towards GM and backwards for the hardcore Chevy guys. HOWEVER, there are some people out there that do take magazine reviews as the bible and do make purchases based on what they publish.

That's why Ford is now making more power in their midget 5.0 motor than the 7.0 or whatever the fuck the new camaro's shitty pushrod is doing. I could give a fuck about a 4.6, that's why i've always rolled 5.0s. Joe dirt mullets everywhere can enjoy their low tech pushrod forever as long as cheby keeps making them apparently.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What I don't get is why is there so many chevy fans here on a ford forum is ls1 tech not as fun as cafords??? Just saying

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by 97cobra209:
What I don't get is why is there so many chevy fans here on a ford forum is ls1 tech not as fun as cafords??? Just saying

Just like my woman I enjoy all makes an models.
97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

As do I but I wouldn't come on here talking bout how great the LS motors are compared to fords and how long it took for ford to finally make something better then the LS eng and so on!!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
quote:
quote:

As do I but I wouldn't come on here talking bout how great the LS motors are compared to fords and how long it took for ford to finally make something better then the LS eng and so on!!
What if I own both ford an gm products.
97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Which is fine and this is an open discussion fourm I'll admit if I didn't have young children I'd be in a c6 zo6 right now but I wouldn't stick around here bashing ford and going on how great my car is I'd join the proper forums and move on!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Which is fine and this is an open discussion fourm I'll admit if I didn't have young children I'd be in a c6 zo6 right now but I wouldn't stick around here bashing ford and going on how great my car is I'd join the proper forums and move on!
An see if member's knew more then just one brand of cars the would know gm has made a few different v8 dohc engines an one was in the corvette.
95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
still take a ford over GM any day of the week.

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I bought a brand new 2015 car I would expect 2015 technology. It seems like gm's answer to make more power just to make it bigger. While this works for now, it will catch up to them if they don't have a new modern engine in the works.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Am I the only one who is disgusted by the weight of the s550?

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
Am I the only one who is disgusted by the weight of the s550?

im dissapointed also. A 3600lbs irs platform wouldve pushed mustangs to a whole new level.
Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by Adam5.0:
If I bought a brand new 2015 car I would expect 2015 technology. It seems like gm's answer to make more power just to make it bigger. While this works for now, it will catch up to them if they don't have a new modern engine in the works.

I guessing you haven't seen the break down of the new Lt1 then.
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Adam5.0:

I guessing you haven't seen the break down of the new Lt1 then.
Direct Injection. VVT on a pushrod. AFM cylinder deactivation. Totally old school.

For those who think I'm just a GM guy on here to stir shit, no. I enjoy all performance oriented vehicles, it's just the unfounded comments talking smack about good platforms is just pretty close minded IMO. I would still take a Boss 302LS over a 5th gen any day of the week - I drove a 5th gen SS (no 1LE pack and auto) around Laguna Seca and it wasn't as enjoyable. I think for those who like turns the lightweight S197 Laguna Seca would be more enjoyable.

[ 2014-10-17, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Black 02 SS ]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com