Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » State ref ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: State ref ?
S550_Andres
¯
Member # 11083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S550_Andres  Ford pictures for S550_Andres    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a state reff last night and was wondering has anyone took there car with a explore intake? Did they get away with it? I have a tubular right now but I don't thing I will be able to pass visual.

--------------------
86 notch coyote swapped
89 convertible 302 hci
85 notch 347 hci

3cRider
¯
Member # 10052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3cRider  Ford pictures for 3cRider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd say you're better off with the Explorer intake since it looks closer to stock. So long as it has all the air provisions you should be good.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it and why'd they pull you over? I'm always looking over my shoulder when I drive my Mustang worried about a ref ticket. Was it CHP? I'm out in the East Bay, but hear they're getting pretty strict out in Antioch and Pittsburgh.

[ 2014-10-06, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: 3cRider ]

S550_Andres
¯
Member # 11083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S550_Andres  Ford pictures for S550_Andres    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was taking my girl home from From Hayward and I saw a bunch of mustangs so I decides to exit it with them but last minute changed my mind and got back on to 880 and Chp was pulling someone else over but as soon as he saw me cross the solid lines he came after my ass. He ended up letting that go but ref me.

--------------------
86 notch coyote swapped
89 convertible 302 hci
85 notch 347 hci

4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 3cRider:
I'm out in the East Bay, but hear they're getting pretty strict out in Antioch and Pittsburg.

Fuck... [Frown]

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stanced Stang:
quote:
I'm out in the East Bay, but hear they're getting pretty strict out in Antioch and Pittsburg.

Fuck... [Frown]
and thats why I dont take my car out there anymore!!

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
3cRider
¯
Member # 10052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3cRider  Ford pictures for 3cRider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:
quote:
quote:

Fuck... [Frown]
That's where you got yours, right?
diablounicorn
¯
Member # 13033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for diablounicorn  Ford pictures for diablounicorn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shouldnt it be no problem if you have an EGR? it was legal in the 90s, why wouldnt it be now? if you dont have none of your smog equipment the time to put them on is now before you go.
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I passed Ca smog with a gt40 tubular no questions asked maybe I was lucky

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

tooslowfiveo
¯
Member # 11511

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tooslowfiveo  Ford pictures for tooslowfiveo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Aftermarket Intake Manifolds are legal for installation on any car without a CARB number. They are not checked for one either. Reference pages G-2 and G-3 of this guide:
http://www.bar.ca.gov/pdf/Smog%20Check%20Reference%20Guide.pdf

Posts: 162 | From: Dublin, CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I'd say you're better off with the Explorer intake since it looks closer to stock. So long as it has all the air provisions you should be good.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it and why'd they pull you over? I'm always looking over my shoulder when I drive my Mustang worried about a ref ticket. Was it CHP? I'm out in the East Bay, but hear they're getting pretty strict out in Antioch and Pittsburgh.

I have lived in contra Costa county for 40 years an I drive i drive a mod car almost every day an have not been given a ref ticket.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:
quote:
quote:

Fuck... [Frown]
That's where you got yours, right?
No i got mine by my house in Menlo Park.. But Ive been getting messed with the last couple times I took my car out there.. Thats why I stopped taking it out there now.. Shit I barely even drive my car period! No matter where I go, cops always mess with me..

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:

I have lived in contra Costa county for 40 years an I drive i drive a mod car almost every day an have not been given a ref ticket.
I lived out in antioch for 15 years, and I never got a State Ref either when I was out there by local PD**knock on wood**.. However I got MULTIPLE other tickets, and got pulled over atleast 2 or 3 times a week when I was in a modded car.. And the State refs I got were from CHP..

[ 2014-10-07, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Blow_U_In_Reverse ]

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com