Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How I gained 100 pounds, then lost 101...(video included)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How I gained 100 pounds, then lost 101...(video included)
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CAFords, what's up?? Been a while...I wanted to share my story with all of you. read the story and watch the video, hopefully it motivates someone that is on the brink of starting or someone that is considering giving up on something...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW3QVP9gjx0

Backstory:
Back in 2005/2006 was a solid 200-205lbs. I worked out daily, ate right, everything was good...until the incident. In late 2006 I snapped my left ankle and it derailed a lot of things for me, I was laid up for a good 3 months while I recovered from the injury. I went from 200 to about 240 at this time. Once I was able to start working out again, I dropped about 10 pounds; then got into a relationship lol; long story short from 2008-2011 I had ballooned to 306lbs.

In 2010 my dad told me that if I didn't stop what I was doing and change my life, I’d die (That was his message.) So I started going back to the gym and trying to eat well again and by October 2011 I had lost a good 50lbs. One night I was in the gym playing basketball and I dislocated my right ankle, smh. So I was derailed again, and I gained pretty much all of the weight back, i went back up to about 290ish.

I made a goal for myself back in 2012 to get down to 205 pounds, and I finally reached it, I feel fantastic, and my goal by November 22nd is to be 185lbs, wish me luck.

My message is in the video, as well, but I just want to let people know, that if you decide you want to do something, start it and FINISH! No matter how long it takes, do NOT quit on yourself. If you do, all the hard work would have been for nothing. I say this because I've started and stopped so many times, not including the injuries. I've lost 45-50 pounds THREE TIMES so far and I've literally lost more weight than I weigh. If I had just kept going from day one, I’d weigh negative pounds right now lol.

I'm still running with this fitness stuff and I promise I'm not going back to where I was, ever again.

Thanks for looking and good luck with whatever it Is you decide to do.

-Raider Joey aka jaehow

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right on. Glad to see your change. Where is the here you keep mentioning in the video?
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Right on. Glad to see your change. Where is the here you keep mentioning in the video?

I'm on the other side of the globe right now for work. However, I'm about to head to London for a couple of weeks.

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Real talk Joey, I'm down 42 lbs from april of this year. Just stay focused and stay on it no matter how long it takes.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad your staying on track Joey, your almost there keep at it and you will hit your goal !!

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Raiderjoey:
quote:
Originally posted by adower:

I'm on the other side of the globe right now for work. However, I'm about to head to London for a couple of weeks.
Congrats on all the hard work paying off. I need to get serious about losing some lbs.

You heading to the Raider game in London?

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] health is wealth!
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Thanks you guys.

Yea I'm gonna be at the game out there. We BETTER get this W too man.

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holy shit Joey, I just noticed your post count [Eek!] !!!!
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good job brother, I was in the same boat as you but I was 13 at the time. I stood about 5'5 and 240 lbs and I said enough was enough. I started boxing and I dropped 75lbs in 5 months, I've kept it off and I've taking up bodybuilding now. I'm now hovering around 205lbs staying in single digit body fat. I've learned its a life style not a fad you hve to continuously keep up with your diet, exercise and rest. Keep up the good work bro your doing great.

--------------------
03 Terminator

brandon151
¯
Member # 12990

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for brandon151  Ford pictures for brandon151    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good shit! personal trainer here, and its always nice to see people being able to dig down and make the change on their own!
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Thanks you guys.

I'll be out there too man. Yeah, we better get that W. [Whoo Whooooo!]
Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good for you brother keep that goin, definitely something to take pride in.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WHO IS THIS RAIDER JOEY GUY?????????

LOL JK GREAT JOB Joey

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good for you. Congratulations!

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
97blackGT
¯
Member # 11764

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97blackGT  Ford pictures for 97blackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what did you do to loose the weight?? Iam trying to loose Weight myself also
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

quote:
Originally posted by uh0h50:
quote:
Thanks you guys.

I'll be out there too man. Yeah, we better get that W. [Whoo Whooooo!]
We gotta link up my man. PM me

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

FOXX5.0
¯
Member # 9094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOXX5.0  Ford pictures for FOXX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good work joey, now after watching this I'm keeping my gym membership and going to start going it's my health on the line. Btw it be a win win if i lost some weight it be weight reduction for racing lol
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's hard to be committed to lose weight especially if you are over weight. It takes a lot of mentality to do it and it's challenging when you on a diet. People stop when they feel the pain during exercising, when I feel pain it's like a drug to me, I'm like a god when I lift shit 4 real like Kai Green. I feel the same way as you did but my skinny ass wanted to get big like Ronnie Coleman "light weight baby".Congrats dude and don't stop keep at it. [patriot]

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great job man. Great motivation vid/story. I will fallow suit and lose some weight as well. 198 right now goal will be 175 by december 15.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com