Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » has anybody done the SN95 DASH & DOOR PANELS ina fox?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: has anybody done the SN95 DASH & DOOR PANELS ina fox?
iSTUNT707
¯
Member # 11430

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for iSTUNT707  Ford pictures for iSTUNT707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I never liked my plain fox interior recently found out with alittle snip snip here and there u can use a sn94/95 dash door PANELS my only question is do they obstruct the winshield vin?

--------------------
"toooouchdown RAIDERS!".....greg papa

Posts: 170 | From: fairfield/vallejo/cordelia | Registered: Nov 2011  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ugly

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep away from fox bodies please.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's cool if you do a swap. To keep it 5.0 and do all the fab work to get it on the car and perfect it's not worth it. But if you want to then get a complete wiring harness from a coupe 94/95 front to back and youll be good on that part. To get the dash in you need to do some welding for the frame and you also need to figure out how to make the door panels fit so the dash lines up right. I tried what you are thinking of and I was stopped dead in my tracks when the welding issue came up.

Oh and you also need to cut the dash shell more than an inch near the windshield and cut space for the vin.

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:

Lol

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

+1

Dont ruin something good with something bad.

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
iSTUNT707
¯
Member # 11430

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iSTUNT707  Ford pictures for iSTUNT707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From what ive read you dont need to weld anything n no harness man i was thinking of custom guages ive seen pics of it done looks nice and sorry cool guy i like my fox if you have a personal prob pm me we can work it out

--------------------

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck man. That shits a pain in the ass. Wiring up them gauges will be a slight task and getting the dash in will be even worse. Don't believe me, you need to research more. I know a two ppl with 2V swaps in their coupe and one person that had a 4v swap in his hatch. They all need new brackets welded on the sn95 dash frame for it to fit right and be sturdy.

And changing the harness would make your life easier instead of splicing shit every whare. It would be plug and play at that point

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It'll look super awesome like this

-

-

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Lmao wtf is that!?

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To me the sn95 dash and door panels don't look right in a fox.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
iSTUNT707
¯
Member # 11430

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iSTUNT707  Ford pictures for iSTUNT707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
See that interior is sweet thanks guys yah i know how to weld but rather not lol it does look alot cleaner and upto date i just hate the fox door panels man

--------------------

flores24v
¯
Member # 10586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flores24v  Ford pictures for flores24v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Please no more costume work [Big Grin]
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That interior does not belong to that car.

Look at the door panels and wing window thats a 65-66 mustang. Only car that comea to mind in yellow is the fastback they dropped the shell over an sn95 03-04 cobra. Very trick and bad ass work.

That mutated fox is nasty lol.

quote:

-

-

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-

-

That shit doesn't swang tho

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com