Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Mobile Smog in San Jose

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Mobile Smog in San Jose
CAStang
¯
Member # 9568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CAStang  Ford pictures for CAStang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just an FYI, I saw them setting up a mobile smog dyno on San Felipe Rd near Evergreen college this a.m.
I'm not sure how they work or if you even have to stop if asked but just know it's there.

[ 2014-09-09, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: CAStang ]

Posts: 351 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Nov 2009  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They've been having those out in the eastbay also a lot lately (Brentwood/Oakley).

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

3cRider
¯
Member # 10052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3cRider  Ford pictures for 3cRider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Such BS. Our tax dollars are much better spent elsewhere. That's my two cents anyways.
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 3cRider:
Such BS. Our tax dollars are much better spent elsewhere. That's my two cents anyways.

Maybe if knew how the smog program you would no taxes dollars are spent on it
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:

Maybe you could enlighten us on how all this works?
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
State grants ftw
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:
quote:

Maybe you could enlighten us on how all this works?
Technician an shops getting fined pay for it.

[ 2014-09-09, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: hurting your feelings ]

Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Pcsal
¯
Member # 12897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pcsal  Ford pictures for Pcsal    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
but you don't have to stop correct?

--------------------
1988 Saleen #118
1989 Saleen # 20

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by Pcsal:
but you don't have to stop correct?

Completely voluntary
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a buddy who didn't stop on his way home from san fran. 2 minutes after leaving the mobile smog, he was pulled over by chp and got a fix it ticket for not having a front license plate on his bumper and not having a Carb eo number on his filter. So... No matter what you do they will get you for something.

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

3cRider
¯
Member # 10052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3cRider  Ford pictures for 3cRider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KARATExxCHUCK:
I have a buddy who didn't stop on his way home from san fran. 2 minutes after leaving the mobile smog, he was pulled over by chp and got a fix it ticket for not having a front license plate on his bumper and not having a Carb eo number on his filter. So... No matter what you do they will get you for something.

Charles [patriot]

I keep hearing stories like this. That seriously sucks. Makes me want to sell my Fox and buy a pre-smog car.
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
quote:

Charles [patriot]

I keep hearing stories like this. That seriously sucks. Makes me want to sell my Fox and buy a pre-smog car.
You do know he is full of shit an it never happened.
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Charles [patriot]

Why not just drive a car that's not a piece of shit and can pass smog

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
3cRider
¯
Member # 10052

quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Charles [patriot]

That's a gross over-generalization that any car that doesn't pass smog is a POS. My car is far from a POS, it's just not smog friendly and would cost a lot of time and money to make it so. And the last thing I need is to get sent to a ref. Of course I can pay off the first one, but when you're caught again by the same PD in a small town over and over again, at some point that's just not going to work and you will have to deal with a ref. I understand there is always a way around it, but looking over my shoulder and wondering if I'm going to get pulled over is tiresome.

[ 2014-09-10, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: 3cRider ]

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Charles [patriot]

That's a gross over-generalization that any car that doesn't pass smog is a POS. My car is far from a POS, it's just not smog friendly and would cost a lot of time and money to make it so. And the last thing I need is to get sent to a ref. Of course I can pay off the first one, but when you're caught again by the same PD in a small town over and over again, at some point that's just not going to work and you will have to deal with a ref. I understand there is always a way around it, but looking over my shoulder and wondering if I'm going to get pulled over is tiresome.
Should've kept the smog equipment on instead of hacking away at ur car like a fasthack..

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Charles [patriot]

+1 my car got a state ref ticket and its definitely not a POS.. u can pay off the ticket but they put a hold on ur registration now.. and even if u DO fix the car and then modify it again, u only get 3 chances.. after ur 3rd state ref ticket, they will take ur car & crush it.. Ive seen people arguing that they cant do that & its a myth & blah blah, but ive had it happen to ME personally to my other car.. I bet MOST People's cars on here are not smog friendly, but thats just a risk we all KNOWINGLY take..

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com