Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Tranny went out in my lincoln....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Tranny went out in my lincoln....
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My tranny just went out without any kind of warning. It is a 1999 lincoln continetal.

It does not want to shift out of first gear. just revs really high,.

Does anyone have one for sale? or know of any vehicles that will interchange with mine. Its an automatic front wheel drive. Not sure on what the model is. Can anyone help with that as well?

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like that transmission is an AX4N.

quote:
The AX4N is an improved version of the basic AXOD, and is more reliable. This transaxle shifting is non-sequential (as indicated by the "N" in AX4N) and has improved shift quality over the previous AX4S. Although similar in design and dimensions, it is a different transaxle than previous AXOD transmissions. The AX4N has 19 bolts to retain the fluid pan. It was used in the 1996–99 Taurus SHO models, and was standard on Duratec-powered models. It also appears in some 1994–2002 Vulcan-powered models. It became standard with both engines in 2003. It was renamed the 4F50N in 2001.The data plate code is "X."

Applications:

1996–1999 Ford Taurus SHO
1994–2007 Ford Taurus
1995–2002 Lincoln Continental
1994–2005 Mercury Sable
2001–2003 Ford Windstar
2004–2007 Ford Freestar
2004–2007 Mercury Monterey

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KARATExxCHUCK:
My tranny just went out without any kind of warning. It is a 1999 lincoln continetal.

It does not want to shift out of first gear. just revs really high,.

Does anyone have one for sale? or know of any vehicles that will interchange with mine. Its an automatic front wheel drive. Not sure on what the model is. Can anyone help with that as well?

Charles [patriot]

I dont know shit about transmissions lol but are you sure its not neutral safety switch or some other sensor?

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you check the fluid level?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Kb69fastback
¯
Member # 13054

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kb69fastback  Ford pictures for Kb69fastback    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Column shift is about 450-600 for used transmission
Floor shift is about 550-650 used

Plenty of them in stock from sac to the bay

1999-2000 is the only transmission that can be used

[ 2014-09-06, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Kb69fastback ]

Posts: 90 | From: Roseville ca | Registered: Jul 2013  |  :
92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
try having it scanned for trouble codes

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com