Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » For those that need a job!! Hurry and apply ASAP ( BART - PART tIME TRAIN OPERATORS)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: For those that need a job!! Hurry and apply ASAP ( BART - PART tIME TRAIN OPERATORS)
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Apply quick and make sure you fill out completely and attach resume with keywords they're looking for!! First 3000 applicants and then the posting is closed. That will get filled by tomorrow quickly.

https://jobs.bart.gov/psc/JOBS/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_HM_PRE&Action=A&SiteId=1

GOOD LUCK!!!

quote:

Job Description

Job Title:

Part Time Train Operator

Job ID:

Regular/Temporary:

Regular

Return to Previous Page

Marketing Statement

A job at BART offers the satisfaction of providing an invaluable public service, while accomplishing your own career goals, earning highly competitive pay, and enjoying an unparalleled benefits program. BART, a wonderful career opportunity.

Pay and Benefits

BART offers one of the most comprehensive compensation and benefits programs you will find anywhere. We pay at rates that are strongly competitive in the labor market, and complement our pay program with an outstanding benefits package. Benefits include the renowned CalPERS pension, excellent medical, vision, and dental coverage, supplemental insurances, excellent paid holidays and vacation, as well as two investment programs, one of which is entirely funded by BART on your behalf. BART also saves you money in your paycheck because no deductions are made for Social Security.

Pay Rate

Step 1 - $29.66 to Step 4 - $34.90

Posted Date

August 25, 2014

Closing Date

THIS POSITION WILL CLOSE UPON RECEIPT OF 3000 APPLICATIONS OR ON SEPTEMBER 2, 2014, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST. ONLY THE FIRST 3000 APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.

This announcement will be used to establish a pool of eligible outside candidates for vacancies occurring within the next eighteen (18) months.

Days Off

Variable

This position requires the following: Flexibility to fulfill the working hours; the ability to accept the terms and conditions of part-time work; working off-hours shifts, holidays and weekends. Part-time Train Operators work no less than 20 hours per week and no more than 25 hours per week.

Who May Apply

All qualified individuals who are not yet BART employees

Current Assignment

The San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART) is recruiting qualified individuals for the establishment of an eligibility pool to fill Train Operator vacancies that may occur in the Transportation & System Service Department.

Under the general supervision of Supervisors and Foreworkers, Train Operators operate an automated passenger train according to established safety and operating rules and procedures. Train Operators are responsible for passenger safety, communicating with passengers and co-workers via public address systems and radios; monitoring and troubleshooting electrical/mechanical train equipment, completing standard written reports, and performing other related duties as necessary. In addition, Train Operators must maintain and upgrade knowledge and skills related to train operation procedures.

The successful candidates will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:

-Flexibility
-Ability to multi-task
-Ability to exercise good judgment
-Ability to prioritize under changing circumstances
-Strong customer service orientation
-Reliability and dependability
-Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
-Ability to effectively apply rules to varied circumstances

Essential Job Functions

1) Visually monitors tracks, wayside, train signals, cab console and station platforms to ensure trains operate safely within established guidelines and passengers enter and exist safely from trains

2) Via radio or phone, makes a variety of announcements to passengers depending upon operating conditions and situations; communicates with Operations central Control and Yard Tower regarding dispatch readiness, emergency situations and special instructions

3) Operates trains and performs a variety of yard and main-line train movement activities requiring climbing into and out of trains and over the 3rd rail power rails, opening doors between adjoining train cars and coupling trains and cranking switches

4) Learns and applies operating and emergency procedures, train troubleshooting procedures and techniques; maintains and upgrades knowledge of policies and procedures as required

5) Reads and understands training manuals, bulletins and updates; prepares written incident reports and completes forms and/or logs as required. A critical feature of this position is to analyze and prioritize actions effectively when unusual and unexpected situations occur.

Minimum Qualifications

Education: High School graduate, GED or other recognized.

Experience: Three (3) years of Full-Time or equivalent employment which will have demonstrated skill in interacting with the general public in a variety of situations.

OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver's License, and have a work history that demonstrates reliability and dependability.
Selected applicants must successfully complete the Train Operator Training Program, the Joint Management-Union Certification Committee, and subsequent a 90 day probationary period. The position also requires periodic recertification per PUC regulations. This is a safety- sensitive position, and is subject to a pre-employment medical examination which includes a drug and alcohol screening. Selected applicants must also be fingerprinted by the BART Police Department, and pass a functional capacity test.

Selection Process

This position is represented by Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU). Applications will be screened to assure that minimum qualifications are met. Those applicants who meet minimum qualifications will then be referred to the hiring department for the completion of further selection processes.

The selection process for this position may include a skills/performance demonstration, a written examination, and/or an individual or panel interview.

The successful candidate must have an employment history demonstrating reliability and dependability; provide copies of certificates, diplomas or other documents as required by law, including those establishing his/her right to work in the U. S.; pass a pre-employment medical examination which includes a drug and alcohol screen, and which is specific to the essential job functions and requirements. Pre-employment processing will also include a background check. (Does not apply to current full-time District employees unless specific job requires additional evaluations)

The selection process for this position will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement, including consideration of seniority as appropriate.

Application Process

External applicants may only apply online, at www.bart.gov/jobs. Applicants needing assistance with the online application process may receive additional information by calling (510) 464-6112.

All applicants are asked to complete the application in full, indicating dates of employment, all positions held, hours worked, and a full description of duties. On line applicants are invited to electronically attach a resume to the application form to provide supplemental information, but should not consider the resume a substitute for the application form itself.

Applications must be complete by the closing date and time listed on the job announcement.

Equal Employment Opportunity

The San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition (cancer-related), genetic information or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.

The BART Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities or for religious reasons. Please advise the Human Resources Department of any special needs in advance of the examination by calling (510) 464-6112.

Qualified veterans may be eligible to obtain additional veteran's credit in the selection process for this recruitment (effective Jan. 1, 2013). To obtain the credit, veteran's must attach to the application a DD214 discharge document or proof of disability and complete/submit the Veteran's Preference Application no later than the closing date of the posting. For more information about this credit please go to the Veteran's Preference Policy and Application link at www.bart.gov/jobs.

Other Information

Please be prepared to present documentation in support of any required licenses, degrees, or certifications upon request.

Note

When you have successfully applied for this position you will receive an auto reply e-mail acknowledging that your application was received for this position. Please retain a copy of the e-mail for your records. If you receive an auto reply that does not specifically reference this position, please call the Employment Help Line at (510) 464-6112 for assistance.

To verify submission of your application, click on the 'My Career Tools' link at the top of the 'Careers Home Page' after submitting your application to view the list of applications you have submitted (including application date and status). If you have further questions, please call the Employment Help Line at (510) 464-6112, between the hours of 8:15am - 5:00pm, Monday- Friday.

Return to Previous Page

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
surprised no one posted on this. hurry up cafords. pay is pretty darn good for many considering the limited job requirements and this would be a dream job for many . [patriot]
its part time but at least you'll have your foot in the door which could open up future opportunities within the org.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wish I could but I don't have flexible hours due to school.

Bart is a damn good job. Someone better jump on this. [patriot]

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i applied damn first 3,000 just like applying at the refineries without a mechanical aptitude test

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OMG, a Ca Ford's member driving a train!! God help us all if that happens...!
More than half here can't read or write. [Eek!]

[ 2014-08-28, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: 9cobra7 ]

Pcsal
¯
Member # 12897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pcsal  Ford pictures for Pcsal    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 70stang351w:
i applied damn first 3,000 just like applying at the refineries without a mechanical aptitude test

hire on with a contractor if your good you will stay busy I made 260 last year

--------------------
1988 Saleen #118
1989 Saleen # 20

migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs66/92  Ford pictures for migs66/92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pcsal:
quote:

Wow!!! I would do it for half of that..where do you apply for something like that?been laid off for a while now,been applying everywhere and anywhere..pm me if you want to.. thanks

--------------------
Ill keep my guns and my money, you can have the change

Pcsal
¯
Member # 12897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pcsal  Ford pictures for Pcsal    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah I am a project manager for a company that rebuilds and maintains the oil refineries.

--------------------
1988 Saleen #118
1989 Saleen # 20

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I got my fill of working in refineries. Well mostly the company i used to work for; Soon enough they probably will be responsible for killing a lot of employees and contractors in all the local bay area refineries... If you see S&S on the safety tag bring your own!

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

Vallejo707
¯
Member # 10296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vallejo707  Ford pictures for Vallejo707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
applied for the hell of it haha

--------------------
PS3 Game Tag: BeAsVtown
Sold: 2007 Yamaha R6 "Candy"
Sold: 1989 Mustang Vert
Current: 2012 Mustang 5.0

Posts: 799 | From: Vallejo,Ca | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
yeah I am a project manager for a company that rebuilds and maintains the oil refineries.

I need a job lol
Pcsal
¯
Member # 12897

quote:
Originally posted by 87#184saleen:
quote:

I need a job lol
dude I have offered you a job several times lol. Where the hell have you been I have not heard from you

--------------------
1988 Saleen #118
1989 Saleen # 20

migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs66/92  Ford pictures for migs66/92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 87#184saleen:
quote:

I need a job lol
dude I have offered you a job several times lol. Where the hell have you been I have not heard from you
If he dont want it ill take it.. [Smile]

--------------------
Ill keep my guns and my money, you can have the change