Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Seat Motor For 2011 5.0, Where To Buy?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Seat Motor For 2011 5.0, Where To Buy?
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know the dealer has em, they want $350 for it. Ive tried rockauto & a few other places, can't find em anywhere else. Mine is the 6 way motor.

My passenger seat motor forward/backward function stopped working. The up/down and tilt funcions work still. Today I removed the seat and unbolted the tracks from the gear tracks and the seat bracket moves easily, but the seat motor does nothing.

My car only has 20k miles on it, but the warranty expired already. JR @ Future Ford Sacramento contacted Ford for me to see if they would help, & they refused. Big thanks to JR for trying though most people would have just said "You're warranty expired, sorry"

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
3 years or 36k, must have been a little over 3 years then?
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dealer only item.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
90 7up lx
¯
Member # 10304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90 7up lx  Ford pictures for 90 7up lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try lkq, but idk if they sell to the public
Posts: 1266 | From: north valley | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
ZincYellow 281
¯
Member # 9865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZincYellow 281  Ford pictures for ZincYellow 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On svtp there is a ford dealer that gives discounts to members I'd try there.
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd swap you seats and call on my warranty but I doubt your seats are the same

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:

Motors are most likely the same.an it's easy to swap seat tracks.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
3 years or 36k, must have been a little over 3 years then?

Yup just over 3 years

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

quote:

My seats are the California special leather seats, black leather with carbon fiber styled leather down the middle. Hurting your feelings is correct, the motor is part of the seat bracket, so I believe it's two bolts & 6 nuts to remove it. If that's something you're up for I'd greatly appreciate it, if not I totally understand

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Pm me for info we'll figure shit out, they look like this? If the tracks are the same I'll bring it in you do all the lifting an shit.

-

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you take the motor apart? Maybe you just need a smaller part inside it. The motor itself may be more universal that you can find a donor motor to get the part you need for yours. No harm in breaking something that's already broke. Hard to believe something like that would go out on a car so new.
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Sorry, went out of town for a camping trip with no cell service this weekend, I'll get some pix of my seats today
They're similar but a little different

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Here's how my seats look

-

-

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Seat tracks are the same on both models of seats.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com