Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » smog shop

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: smog shop
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A coworker of mine bought a car a while back. She needs to do her smog but the car came with an aftermarket intake. She does not have the original. Car passes smog but no visual. Any shops around the san jose area that dont care about visual. Thanks

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not caring about the visual? That's like ordering a cheeseburger and not caring if they forgot to put cheese. That's like going to the zoo and not caring if there aren't any animals to see. That's like buying an 03 cobra and not caring if it's missing the supercharger. That's like getting married to a super hot chick and not caring if she use to be a man... Should I continue??

--------------------
To be or not to be

egress
¯
Member # 13128

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for egress  Ford pictures for egress    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
go to the shady areas of town. [Big Grin]
Posts: 286 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Aug 2013  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^^what he said!! Hahah

[patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Infamous5.0:
Not caring about the visual? That's like ordering a cheeseburger and not caring if they forgot to put cheese. That's like going to the zoo and not caring if there aren't any animals to see. That's like buying an 03 cobra and not caring if it's missing the supercharger. That's like getting married to a super hot chick and not caring if she use to be a man... Should I continue??

In my opinion, it is not the same and I disagree. Smog is a type of air pollutant. Now if a car is hooked up to the state machines and passes these tests, why in hell does it matter what shit looks like?
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
quote:

In my opinion, it is not the same and I disagree. Smog is a type of air pollutant. Now if a car is hooked up to the state machines and passes these tests, why in hell does it matter what shit looks like?
+1 I think its bs too. If it passes why care about everything else. A lot of the new cars already come with open filters.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What type of car? Wouldn't it be easier to just to replace the cold air intake.

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
quote:

+1 I think its bs too. If it passes why care about everything else. A lot of the new cars already come with open filters.
Why? Because it's all a money making scam, that's why.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com