Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » phone carrier option

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: phone carrier option
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I have sprint at the moment and I was pretty happy with it but I realize that I get stuck on 3g a lot and both my phones are pretty new so I should be getting 4lte. What u guys recommend. I paid about 140 to 150 a month depending on International calls my wife makes and this is for 2 smart phones unlimited text calls and data.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
T-Mobile, unlimited everything for one phone is about $80 a month, and ive always have great service

--------------------
91' Notch

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would stay with sprint. Unlimited data is the reason I stay with sprint. I've called sprint regarding the 4g and they say it's because they are still putting up towers in our area. Im not sure if thats just BS, but that was the reason they gave me when I told them i only got 3g on my phone. I never have dropped calls so I can't complain.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by macthizzle:
I would stay with sprint. Unlimited data is the reason I stay with sprint. I've called sprint regarding the 4g and they say it's because they are still putting up towers in our area. Im not sure if thats just BS, but that was the reason they gave me when I told them i only got 3g on my phone. I never have dropped calls so I can't complain.

I did the same and thats the same bs they gave me. And I research and they been giving the same bs to people the past 2 years or so.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
VZW. I always have 4G coverage with unlimited data. You get what you pay for with cell providers.

While your waiting for Sprint to put up towers for 4G, Verizon has moved onto the newer XLTE.

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had Sprint for over 10 years and finally left them last November. 5-6 years ago they were pretty good in comparison to the other carriers but the last few years they really fell back, I only stayed with them for the last couple of years due to the unlimited data but it was pointless since it was on 3G 90% and did me no good (YouTube videos NEVER worked). I've gone with AT&T and their LTE service is eons beyond what Sprint's service is. I can stream videos no sweat.

BUT, it will certainly be more expensive than Sprint...by a good margin.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd say keep sprint. I had sprint for 3 years and had always good 4G. I just recently switch to T-Mobile and I hate it compared to Sprint

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I enjoy Verizon. don't have unlimited data, but honestly, who uses that much data from month to month? Plus I get reception at 9,200 elevation.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Been with AT&T for like 15 years. It is the best and fastest company. They are expansive but you get what you pay for. I have always had work phones from other providers including Verizon, and they don't compare.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Z06-FTMFW:
Been with AT&T for like 15 years. It is the best and fastest company. They are expansive but you get what you pay for. I have always had work phones from other providers including Verizon, and they don't compare.

+1 AT&T FTW!!

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've always had good luck with AT&T, also their LTE isn't half bad either.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
VZW. I always have 4G coverage with unlimited data. You get what you pay for with cell providers.

While your waiting for Sprint to put up towers for 4G, Verizon has moved onto the newer XLTE.

+1. I get reception EVERYWHERE

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com