Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 2011 Vs. Smog? Bought used

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 2011 Vs. Smog? Bought used
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am curious. Since I bought my 2011 used will I have to smog it every other year going forward, or is it still smog exept for a few years?

Thanks,
Brandon

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No such thing as smog except
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
No such thing as smog except

True, I was referring to the 6 or so years new cars don't have to be smogged. When I bought my SRT in 2005 brand new I didn't have to smog for the first time until 2011.

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
smog abatement for 5 bruh bruh

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You don't have to smog it, when buying a used car if it's four or less model years old.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm

[ 2014-07-24, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: racsirx ]

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ok cool, thanks guys, just didn't know if it changed since it's a recent model year, but has been sold

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
You don't have to smog it, when buying a used car if it's four or less model years old.

If it's a out of state car you have to smog it.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:

If it's a out of state car you have to smog it.
Correct and stupid.
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

It was already registered here, so if it was from out of state it was previous to its last registration

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

98 GT
¯
Member # 7944

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 GT  Ford pictures for 98 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol I went thru this all day today dmv told me I had to smog it so I changed the mid pipe back to stock this morning only to find out when I go to smog it they said they can't smog 2011 an up an that dmv messed up.
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by FivePTSlow:
It was already registered here, so if it was from out of state it was previous to its last registration

Nope only if you're bring it to California do have to smog the vehicle you all so have to get vin verified an if it's a truck you have to weight it.
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FivePTSlow:

Nope only if you're bring it to California do have to smog the vehicle you all so have to get vin verified an if it's a truck you have to weight it.
Correct again and lame.

I purchased a 2005 Tacoma from AZ last year. I obliviously had to get it smogged, but only during the VIN verification then they tell me I had to weigh it. $15 to get that done and it's now labeled as a commercial truck.

Earlier the year, I picked up a 2013 4Runner from OR for my sister and it needed smog and the VIN verified.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com