Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |

This topic has been moved to Tech Talk.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » HELP how do you uninstall/install brake lines

Author Topic: HELP how do you uninstall/install brake lines
Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank.JD.Perez  Ford pictures for Frank.JD.Perez  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys i need to figure out how you uninstall / install brake lines on an sn95. Note im asking for the brake lines not the hoses. My driver side brake line snapped when trying to install SS brake hoses. How do i fix this problem so i can drive my car again

--------------------
1998 Ford Mustang GT SVO SC Saleen vert (sold)
1998 Ford Mustang GT PI (RIP)
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

Posts: 603 | From: Hayward/Pleasanton | Registered: Dec 2012  |  :
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Use a line wrench [dance]

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank.JD.Perez  Ford pictures for Frank.JD.Perez  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Know of any pictures that msy be useful? Also how long the line is on the driver side too. Im going to a junk yard tomorrow to get a used line, would be real helful knowing how big that line is. Thanks again guys!

--------------------
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can fix the line no need to replace it .
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

Guys trust me the line is broken. The metal brake line. Not the hose. Its snapped, i need another one. Who has had to replace the lines themselves?

--------------------
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

This is a picture of a s197 for a reference. The hard line is whats broken, how would i replace it if the hard line is broken?

-

--------------------
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes you can repair metal lines you just need a union a double flare tool an about 4 inches of a new line.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or you can take you old line to a hose shop and they can bend and flair a new line. To save you a trip to the pick n pull. There are two in Livermore that I know of. Tri valley hose off Vasco or accurate auto care on first st.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
double flaring brake lines correctly isn't as easy as you think. if you needed to ask this question then i wouldn't recommend you flaring it yourself.

hurting your feelings is correct though, it can be fixed if you know what you're doing.

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You don't even need to double flare. There are fittings you can screw on to the hard line that do all of the work for you.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not unscrew the line. And go to pnp and get another stock line.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
You don't even need to double flare. There are fittings you can screw on to the hard line that do all of the work for you.

Please dont tell me you are talking about compression fittings...

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by Stanced Stang:
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:

Please dont tell me you are talking about compression fittings...
Yes he is an there totally unsafe for brakes.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just buy a new line and pop it in then bleed your brakes. Dave stop fucking with him.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Just buy a new line and pop it in then bleed your brakes. Dave stop fucking with him.

Getting a new line sounds easy but most lines are not pre bent or may not have the fittings you need for it to work.
Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

Got the line off this morning and going to a pick n pull

--------------------
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

Getting a new line sounds easy but most lines are not pre bent or may not have the fittings you need for it to work.
I don't know what he needs but I'm assuming it's just the short lines as in just the passenger N driver side ones not the ones that go along the frame.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
Why not unscrew the line. And go to pnp and get another stock line.

+1
don't mess with trying to fix a broken brake line. Just buy a used one at pnp and save yourself some headache.

[patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

Thanks for the help guys the line that was broken was the one that runs along the frame. I got it on and the car is braking again so now she can brake without using another car or tree

--------------------
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com