Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » city jobs

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: city jobs
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who here works for the city. How hard is it to get in? Im getting tired of my current job and been applying for city jobs.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive worked for the city of Millbrae for about 5 years now. My cousin was working there and they needed someone with experience... I Started when I had just turned 21... Best bet is join calopps.org and you get notifications when a city opening comes up.
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87droptop50:
Ive worked for the city of Millbrae for about 5 years now. My cousin was working there and they needed someone with experience... I Started when I had just turned 21... Best bet is join calopps.org and you get notifications when a city opening comes up.

Yea I join yesterday and apply for three jobs that I qualify. Lets see what happens. But I keep hearing its all about who u know.

--------------------

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hurry and apply here: https://www.ebmud.com/about/jobs/job-opportunities

It's due TODAY by 430pm!!!!

Job Title: Wastewater Plant Operator Trainee Closing Date/Time: Fri. 07/25/14 4:30 PM Pacific Time Salary: $5,426.00 - $6,281.00 Monthly $65,112.00 - $75,372.00 Annually Job Type: Full-time Location: Oakland, California

[ 2014-07-25, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
Hurry and apply here: https://www.ebmud.com/about/jobs/job-opportunities

It's due TODAY by 430pm!!!!

Job Title: Wastewater Plant Operator Trainee Closing Date/Time: Fri. 07/25/14 4:30 PM Pacific Time Salary: $5,426.00 - $6,281.00 Monthly $65,112.00 - $75,372.00 Annually Job Type: Full-time Location: Oakland, California

Fuck I just seem this. Thanks though

--------------------

fiftwyz
¯
Member # 8351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiftwyz  Ford pictures for fiftwyz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you dont kno anybody that works there already try the hourly positions thats a good way to start they can see how you work and what kind of person you are. Ive seen alot of hourly people get hired! Plus if you have a class a or b Ls that will help also good luck! Also water certs and sewer certs help out alot too depending on dept!
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

quote:
Originally posted by fiftwyz:
If you dont kno anybody that works there already try the hourly positions thats a good way to start they can see how you work and what kind of person you are. Ive seen alot of hourly people get hired! Plus if you have a class a or b Ls that will help also good luck! Also water certs and sewer certs help out alot too depending on dept!

Thanks for the info. I apply for some part weekends and season jobs just to get my name out there. We will see how it goes.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com