Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anybody with class "A" license/job

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody with class "A" license/job
krazy_svt
¯
Member # 9259

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for krazy_svt  Ford pictures for krazy_svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not having any luck with a job. So I'm
thinking about getting my class A license.
How do you guys like the job? How's the pay/benefits?
Any info would be great about jobs. Or getting the license.
Thanks.

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You don't have to get an "A" to make money in trucks. Get a class and get it but you can get a class b job that pays 100k and sleep in your own bed every night. Go with Waste Management to start. Then try to get on with a city operated sanitation company. My .02 good luck!!! 100k you will have to live or travel to Bay Area!!

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
krazy_svt
¯
Member # 9259

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for krazy_svt  Ford pictures for krazy_svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info. Do you do truck driving?
If so how you like it?

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Been doing it since 2006 and the $2500.00 class I paid for has been more than a small investment. Sanitation is the best!!!!

--------------------

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

BigBen
¯
Member # 10594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigBen  Ford pictures for BigBen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
Been doing it since 2006 and the $2500.00 class I paid for has been more than a small investment. Sanitation is the best!!!!

how often is waste management hiring? this would be something I may b interested in
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
You don't have to get an "A" to make money in trucks. Get a class and get it but you can get a class b job that pays 100k and sleep in your own bed every night. Go with Waste Management to start. Then try to get on with a city operated sanitation company. My .02 good luck!!! 100k you will have to live or travel to Bay Area!!

sounds real easy doesnt it?

when w.m hires 10 drivers they recieve thousand of applications. most that get interviews are relatives or friends of drivers. i dont think they will take anyone without atleast 1 year commercial driving experience. making 100k isnt as easy as it sounds. it requires a lot of ot or running your ass off to get reassigned. most drivers at my yard (oakland) make well over 100k but work from sun up to sun down. work sucks but pay is decent and benefits are good. non union w.m yards make anywhere from 14-19 a hour tops.

there are many well paid driving jobs out there but in reality fresh out of trucking school most wont hire you. most companies want experience and those that dont require it will take advantage of your situation and pay you less. im in no way trying to talk you out of it just being real...if you have questions about w.m hit me up theres another driver on here too that i know of.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BigBen:
quote:

how often is waste management hiring? this would be something I may b interested in
I can tell you I have a good driving record, been at my current job sense 2000, class A for almost 3 years and when I applied to WM in Walnut Creek I didn't get any call back LOL. Seems to me like those jobs are great IF you can get in.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
quote:
Originally posted by BigBen:
quote:

I can tell you I have a good driving record, been at my current job sense 2000, class A for almost 3 years and when I applied to WM in Walnut Creek I didn't get any call back LOL. Seems to me like those jobs are great IF you can get in.
dont go to walnut creek if they offer you a job right now. the gave up the contract and most drivers are transfering out. most new hires getting on now will likely be laid off in march... if you are interested in working in oakland i can refer you.. pm your email address and info.
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

*dp*

[ 2014-07-23, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: phonso302 ]

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I applied a few years ago and got a call back. I was considering it but the commute would have been horrendous. 60 miles each way not too much traffic going north on 101 though, passed on it bc I didn't wanna give up my 5 min 6mile commute [Big Grin] It was up in Ukiah and Idk if they're union or not at that facility. I'd really consider it if it was Santa Rosa
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Don't trip they hired me fresh out of trucking school. No prior trucking at all. They usually have tons of overtime. I've worked for the number one and two garbage companies in the WORLD. Get you license wether you choose A or B and start applying.

--------------------

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com