Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Would it be worth it? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Would it be worth it?
VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VADEl2  Ford pictures for VADEl2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unfortunately I had an accident last week were my car maybe totaled. I'm not sure how the motor faired yet but will next week. Would it be worth it to buy it back? I really don't plan on using anything except for the recaros as they will be going into my 99 cobra. The brakes are still in good shape from what I can see.

-
 -

--------------------
TT Coyote 992Rwhp No Times yet

Posts: 735 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would say to keep it and use it as a donor car to put into a Foxbody

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VADEl2  Ford pictures for VADEl2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
I would say to keep it and use it as a donor car to put into a Foxbody

Thought about it but I really don't want to go through that conversion. I'm not motivated to do a conversion like that.

--------------------

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks 2012 gt500. Sorry here hope u ok. Fuck the car let the insurance pay u out.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks like you hit something going a high rate of speed... [Eek!]

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No bars!!!!

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let me know how much insurance wants. I'm motivated to do that swap!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DANG!!! I hope you made it out alright! Looks like it was a pretty nharly crash dude. What hit you or what did you hit?

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

Guys I was visiting my mom as my grandfather had just passed away. On my way there I took a country road they are not very wide. A coyote ran across the road and I reacted sudden. The right tire caught the dirt and I lost control. I ended up hitting a tree that was like 10 feet off the road. Luckily I walked away with a scratch on my kneck and my right arm just had a scratch from the air bag. Insurance wants $6100 to buy it back. I'm not looking to do the conversion. I have my other project that I've been working on.

The recaros are not in the car as I pulled them off for the summer since it was blazing hot in Fresno. I will be keeping the seats for my 99 cobra now. I had my Corbeaus in it. I also had pulled off the gt500 SVTPP wheels as I was going to get the rears widened, so those wheels are still in great shape.
I have a few people I interested in the car depending if the drivetrain is good. I'm obviously not going to sell it for $6100 but will consider all offers. Once I get more this week I'll post up the results and if the motor is good ill update the thread.

--------------------

1sickGT
¯
Member # 9276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sickGT  Ford pictures for 1sickGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you selling the recaros or corbeau seats?
VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

quote:
Originally posted by 1sickGT:
Are you selling the recaros or corbeau seats?

No the recaros are going to go into my 99 cobra. Corbeaus I would just let them go with the car. I'm thinking $11k for the car if the drivetrain is good. I'm not looking to make big $$ off it just break even and pass on the deal to someone.

--------------------

Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to see that.

I say buy it back. If the drivetrain is good, you'll be able to find a buyer.

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

quote:
Originally posted by Blu50Stang:
Sorry to see that.

I say buy it back. If the drivetrain is good, you'll be able to find a buyer.

Thanks I appreciate it eventually yeah someone would pick it up.

--------------------

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't feel bad about avoiding a Coyote, same thing happened to another member but with a low mileage Fox, but he jumped an island, I just finished converting everything over into another Fox.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
1FAST93NOTCH
¯
Member # 10722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST93NOTCH  Ford pictures for 1FAST93NOTCH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good thing you came out of the wreck alive and with minor scratches. If I were you, I would do a conversion.

--------------------
2014 Oxford White Raptor Production #: 30727
1993 Red Notchback Production #: 29409
1993 Teal Cobra Production #: 4505
TEAM TRUE FORGED

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn man..that really sucks to see especially on a car that was so clean and had balls before....

i would say buy it back and use the parts on a another project

[ 2014-07-19, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: CornOil_&_Boost ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take the payout and move on IMHO
Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
ZincYellow 281
¯
Member # 9865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZincYellow 281  Ford pictures for ZincYellow 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How are the calipers? are they cracked? pm me a price.
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by VADEl2:
Guys I was visiting my mom as my grandfather had just passed away. On my way there I took a country road they are not very wide. A coyote ran across the road and I reacted sudden. The right tire caught the dirt and I lost control. I ended up hitting a tree that was like 10 feet off the road. Luckily I walked away with a scratch on my kneck and my right arm just had a scratch from the air bag. Insurance wants $6100 to buy it back. I'm not looking to do the conversion. I have my other project that I've been working on.

The recaros are not in the car as I pulled them off for the summer since it was blazing hot in Fresno. I will be keeping the seats for my 99 cobra now. I had my Corbeaus in it. I also had pulled off the gt500 SVTPP wheels as I was going to get the rears widened, so those wheels are still in great shape.
I have a few people I interested in the car depending if the drivetrain is good. I'm obviously not going to sell it for $6100 but will consider all offers. Once I get more this week I'll post up the results and if the motor is good ill update the thread.

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather and glad to hear you are ok man!!

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

quote:
Originally posted by KARATExxCHUCK:
quote:

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather and glad to hear you are ok man!!

Charles [patriot]

Thanks Charles appreciate the feedback.

--------------------

nasty93
¯
Member # 8935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasty93  Ford pictures for nasty93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn,glad u r all good.
Posts: 464 | From: windsor ,ca | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
No bars!!!!

[Big Grin] Glad you made it out alive [patriot]

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
No bars!!!!

That's a dick head thing to say you still most be living of mom an dad.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

quote:
No bars!!!!

Not sure what you meant by that. I just noticed it.

--------------------

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
No bars!!!!

Not sure what you meant by that. I just noticed it.
He is saying you can't drive. It's ghetto talk
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com