Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Honda Recalls the fits..

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Honda Recalls the fits..
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was watching bloomberg this morning and Honda just recalled 175K fits.

*Faulty programming, causing unintended acceleration.

*11 Accidents so far due to it.

Just last week my girlfriend's friend was complaining that the car has a mind of its own because every now and then it would accelerate by itself. She stop driving it because I told her not to until I got a chance to look at it. Looks like it was a good idea to park it.

And all my friends wonder why I love Ford so much!! Hahaha

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ford is not all that in the clear also. They just had a few recalls.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/07/08/ford-recalls/12362353/

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ but still not as bad as GM [patriot]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like it's only 175k Japanese built Fit hybrids.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone who owns an import is a terrorist.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All manufacturers make cars with defects serious enough to warrant a recall... The real matter is, if they get caught. Most of the time, the manufacturers are well aware of the issue, but run the numbers, and if the cost of a recall is significantly greater than the potential cost of settling lawsuits and lost sales from bad press... Guess what? They don't issue the recall if it's cheaper to just get sued by 1 in every 100,000 owners who may potentially encounter a problem.

GM is issuing so many recalls lately, to cover their ass. They got caught big time, and the media spotlight is shining right in their face and people are looking for anything else they can find to hang them... So now they're recalling for every little thing.

Tons of cars you see on the road every day have issues that should cause them to be recalled... But the manufactures aren't going to do it, unless they have to.

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by POWERED BY FORD:

Yes, but their recalls have not led to accidents or injuries! At least not yet. Unlike, Honda and GM.

[patriot]

--------------------

Lemonade
¯
Member # 3692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemonade  Ford pictures for Lemonade    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:

Fawk, I don't want to be no damn terrorist! I thought my Honda was more American than my Fords? Especially my Fusion.

Lems [Confused]

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KARATExxCHUCK:
quote:

Yes, but their recalls have not led to accidents or injuries! At least not yet. Unlike, Honda and GM.

[patriot]

Ford explorer with firestone tires Google it
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
All manufacturers make cars with defects serious enough to warrant a recall... The real matter is, if they get caught. Most of the time, the manufacturers are well aware of the issue, but run the numbers, and if the cost of a recall is significantly greater than the potential cost of settling lawsuits and lost sales from bad press... Guess what? They don't issue the recall if it's cheaper to just get sued by 1 in every 100,000 owners who may potentially encounter a problem.

GM is issuing so many recalls lately, to cover their ass. They got caught big time, and the media spotlight is shining right in their face and people are looking for anything else they can find to hang them... So now they're recalling for every little thing.

Tons of cars you see on the road every day have issues that should cause them to be recalled... But the manufactures aren't going to do it, unless they have to.

It sounds like ur just paraphrasing everything that's been on the news recently

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

I remember that. It was the tires and not what ford did. How can you blame Ford for that. I'm not trying to get into am argument with anybody, but if you want to defend GM and other car manufacturers for their mistakes then go right ahead. I will not partake in it. I just posted this thread in case someone on this site had a Honda Fit. Looking out for people.

Charles [patriot]

--------------------

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:

Hahahah [Big Grin]

--------------------

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

I remember that. It was the tires and not what ford did. How can you blame Ford for that. I'm not trying to get into am argument with anybody, but if you want to defend GM and other car manufacturers for their mistakes then go right ahead. I will not partake in it. I just posted this thread in case someone on this site had a Honda Fit. Looking out for people.

Charles [patriot]

Ford pick them to be there oem tire on explorers.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

Charles [patriot]

Ford pick them to be there oem tire on explorers.
I'm not trying to argue with you over the internet. Believe what you want. Like i said before i just posted this thread to help the news get out. I wouldn't want anyone getting hurt from the faulty programming.

Good day [patriot]

Charles

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com