Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Advice on a dog?!?!?!?!?? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Advice on a dog?!?!?!?!??
redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Been looking around for a pup for my 5 year old son wanted to get some what of a family/guard dog was thinking of a German Shepard or a American pit bull ???
Anybody got any suggestion

[ 2014-07-07, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: red5o ]

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Boston terrier

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Going to pick up a 1/2 blue nose 1/4 German Shepard and 1/4 lab tomorrow so pm me if u want the info on the owner & think they still have 5-6 left. Good luck!!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd go German Shepard. There's actually a member here selling some I think. Any dog however will do as you will it to as long as it is trained properly. You obviously want an intelligent dog to begin with so training is easier.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Female doberman. Raised my dobi from a puppy with my 2 year old and now she protects him. Anytime he crys she comes to his side. If i even play beat him up she tries to stop me from doing it.
Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
Going to pick up a 1/2 blue nose 1/4 German Shepard and 1/4 lab tomorrow so pm me if u want the info on the owner & think they still have 5-6 left. Good luck!!

I had a Pit Bull and German Shepherd before and it was the best guard dog and he was good with my kids, text me the info, I might want one

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
egress
¯
Member # 13128

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for egress  Ford pictures for egress    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a German Shepard. Friendly and playful to family and to friends when you're with them. Aggressive and protective to strangers walking past the house, strange noises. Perfect animal for your needs.
Posts: 286 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Aug 2013  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a female boston terrier and a male boxer. Both breeds are awesome dogs! Very friendly, loyal, and smart. Both can be stubborn at times, but excellent dogs for a family. The boston terrier is like a mini version of the boxer (looks and personality) and they both make great pets. If you want a "guard dog," boxers are known to protect kids of the family and look mean enough to scare away your average idiot trying to run into your house/yard. I highly recommend them [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
German Shepherd or bust

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shepherds shed too much. Pit Bulls or Bust. Have a 4yr old boy and a 1yr old girl. Friendly and protective

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:

I had a Pit Bull and German Shepherd before and it was the best guard dog and he was good with my kids, text me the info, I might want one
No problem. I am going there in the morning & will tell them I might have someone else who is interested!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a pitbull and he's good with kids if they piss him off he just walks away from them and goes lays somewhere where you can't see him. He's also a smart and loyal dog I like how we can leave him outside with the gate wide open and he'll never leave even if someone is walking by he just sits there and stares them down. Best part is that NO ONE EVER tries to get into the gate when they see him in the front yard which is where he chills all day.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i love my pitts....ive had a few breeds.....id prolly like german shepards but i hate the long hair

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you go pit then get one at the shelter, there's like 100s of pits and chihuahuas there.

[ 2014-07-08, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: 135.0 ]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive owned a few dobermans, and they are very obedient.
poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for poisonpony96  Ford pictures for poisonpony96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any dog you choose is a great choice. Only thing I will tell people don't EVER trust any dog left alone with your children!!!! I don't care how great the dog is. Sure a tiny dog and an older kid but a tiny dog and infant no. They can bite your kid and scar them for life.
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by poisonpony96:
Any dog you choose is a great choice. Only thing I will tell people don't EVER trust any dog left alone with your children!!!! I don't care how great the dog is. Sure a tiny dog and an older kid but a tiny dog and infant no. They can bite your kid and scar them for life.

It all depends on how they were trained. A hyper ass dog will probably do that but a dog like NEIGHTs wouldn't do that. I know for sure my two wont.

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

You shouldn't leave anyone alone with your child. More likely to be hurt by a human than a dog.

As for what don breed. I say American Staffordshire Terrier.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for poisonpony96  Ford pictures for poisonpony96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:

You shouldn't leave anyone alone with your child. More likely to be hurt by a human than a dog.

As for what don breed. I say American Staffordshire Terrier.

Very true!!! I feel the same. But I'll still say I won't let my ten year old son play alone with our husky and that dog is very good when he plays not ruff at all. I still would hate to see something happen.
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have had nothing but pitbulls my whole life, and they are always great with kids.. And they are also protective when/if the time comes.. It all comes down to how you raise them and how you train them.. Its just like a kid, gotta start teaching em right from wrong when theyre little..

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rottweiler are great dogs also lab dogs protect their families.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a jindo mix and she's been the best dog I've ever owned. Great around kids, Alert at home. Her only problem is she gets separation anxiety. Mostly my fault for taking her everywhere with me.
http://m.dogbreedinfo.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dogbreedinfo.com%2Fjindo.htm#2600

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you can afford it get a Doberman Pincher! I got my kids one when they were 1.5 years old! Best dog ever and when the kids are outside or in the backyard playing this dog stays by them and lets just say if you get close, you will not survive!!!

Oh ya my dog and my twin boys have the same birth date!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I own an American red nose terrier and I couldn't be any happier he's extremely loyal, gentle and friendly. I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old and he watches them while they play outside and I feel safe knowing he's there guarding them. I wouldn't own any other breed other than American pitbull terriers, but you should really do your research before purchasing or saving a dog from a shelter. You need to make sure your lifestyle fits the dogs. If you want a bigger breed dog that's active you need to make sure you have time for longer walks than most breeds. If you decide to buy a stubborn breed dog you need to make sure you can train your dog to obey your commands. Anyways good luck I'm sure you'll make the right decision.
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just imagine messing with someone's kids and you see this guy starring at you
 -

--------------------
03 Terminator

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com