Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Engine info on the 2015 mustang?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Engine info on the 2015 mustang?
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm trying to find if there's any internal differences between the 2014 and the 2015 mustang. Couldn't find any article on it. Unless it's not out yet? I'm debating on picking up a 2014 or wait a little for the 2015. Only thing that kills the 2015 for me is the IRS. Weight difference is less than 100lbs so that's not too bad. Anyone that has a link to more information on this post it up. Thanks.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2015 5.0 is loosely based on the 12/13 Boss engine.
Boss rods (far stronger than even the GT500 rods)
Revised heads based on the Boss (casting vs CNC)
263/263 cams with 13MM lift (Boss exhaust cam and the intake cams are what were supposed to come in the 12/13 Boss but never made it)
IMRC plates (to keep low/midrange toque that the Boss's lack)
Larger intake / exhaust valves (I believe hollow stem like the Boss)
Boss valvesprings

Those are the main differences.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
2015 5.0 is loosely based on the 12/13 Boss engine.
Boss rods (far stronger than even the GT500 rods)
Revised heads based on the Boss (casting vs CNC)
263/263 cams with 13MM lift (Boss exhaust cam and the intake cams are what were supposed to come in the 12/13 Boss but never made it)
IMRC plates (to keep low/midrange toque that the Boss's lack)
Larger intake / exhaust valves (I believe hollow stem like the Boss)
Boss valvesprings

Those are the main differences.

Nice. So from what it sounds it's going to be a stronger engine. Which is what I was looking for.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We've pushed over 850RWHP on stock Boss's with E85 and boost. I'm expecting to be able to do that with the 2015's.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

That's bad ass. I'm excited now. Thanks for the information

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im in the same dilemma.. dont kno if I should wait for the 2015 or get a coyote..

[ 2014-07-02, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Blow_U_In_Reverse ]

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:
Im in the same dilemma.. dont kno if I should wait for the 2015 or get a coyote..

+1

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Stang66
¯
Member # 10504

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stang66  Ford pictures for Stang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+2

--------------------
1966 Ford Mustang
1990 Notchback
1975 Pontiac Trans Am 400ci

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
at this point dealers are makeing screaming deals on thier 14's I was in the same boat as you to buy or wait I was lucky enough that the mustang with everything that I wanted had just been deliverd to a dealer 40 mi away from me. I went to big valley ford and made the deal on my my 2014.5 5.0 and thay made a dealer trade for it

I talked to several dealers about the 15'S and thay all said december maybe.

in the end all that matters is what makes you feel happy

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Yeah that's another thing. They will make some great deals on the 2014's. Other option is getting a 14's then later trade it in for 15 or newer. I'm still debating everything. My goal is to get it by about October if I decide on the 14

[ 2014-07-02, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Pure Stang ]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why? I mean when it comes to invoice costs I'll sell you a 14 or a 15? I don't get the misconception people have with buying cars...although a good deal is only a state of mind, so do what you will.

Shaun, Ronnie Thomas is working for me now, he ordered a 15 and is talking to Greg...he wants to be the first TT S550, are you guys gonna order one too?

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm curious how stout the EcoBoost 4-banger will be. Bolt-ons, E85, and crank up the boost... In a 3500lbs Mustang... It might hurt some feelings
Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hold out for the 2015!
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford incentive for the mustangs are the best I've seen right now guys.

quote:
Originally posted by swedensky:
Why? I mean when it comes to invoice costs I'll sell you a 14 or a 15? I don't get the misconception people have with buying cars...although a good deal is only a state of mind, so do what you will.

Shaun, Ronnie Thomas is working for me now, he ordered a 15 and is talking to Greg...he wants to be the first TT S550, are you guys gonna order one too?

I work with Dustin at CPR in San Diego. He will build a custom turbo kit but prefers single kits. Drew can also do it. He's working on a twin setup for his wife's coyote swap car.

I'll either go turbo or Whipple 2.9L. I'm after the stock motor record which is currently 9.3 from my buddies shop in TX. Another tuner buddy in MD has gotten 8.9's out of a stock coyote in an older GT vert. Both are turbo cars, but the Whipple 2.9L is capable of the same power/ET as evidence by the SCJ program.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
I'm curious how stout the EcoBoost 4-banger will be. Bolt-ons, E85, and crank up the boost... In a 3500lbs Mustang... It might hurt some feelings

Lack of fuel pump options for direct injected engines will limit E85 use FYI.
It's why I've not converted to E85 on my truck. Development is in the works, but it's slow going.

The fastest EcoBoost without a secondary injection system will likely be race gas applications.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com