Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Next Vacation Suggestions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Next Vacation Suggestions
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got back from Cancun and I am trying to plan out my next one. I did 8 days all inclusive for $1450. I want to go somewhere else this time. My coworkers have suggested Punta de cana in the dominican republic.

Any suggestions out there I am looking to spend $2500 air fair and hotel.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Caribbean cruise.
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Key west Florida at Christmas time /new years is fun.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
punta cana sucks compared to mexico. what stood out to me was the service sucked at the place we stayed which was the hard rock. it fell way short of mexico in terms ofboth service and also quality of stay.

the scenery is practically the same as cancun....beach ? yes, nice weather? yes.....all the same shiet.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
Caribbean cruise.

This ^^^

Went on a 7 day eastern Caribbean Cruise last year with carnival. Went to Half Moon Cay (bahamas), San Juan Puerto rico, Grand Turk, and St Thomas. BEST VACATION EVER. $449 before taxes and house keeping fee, $602 after all is said and done.. you can pay for the cruise in payments as well. Flight round trip was $550 to Ft. Lauderdale, FL and back and the ship departed out of Miami.

Saw all the forts from the Spanish war in Puerto Rico, went zip lining thru the forests in St Thomas, saw the number 2 beach in the world (Megans Bay), went snorkeling in Grand Turk.. for the whole entire trip, alcohol, adventures, souvenirs, etc.. I spent $1900. Well worth every penny and will be going on a bigger cruise next year.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Europe. You can get a 7 to 9 day guided tour for around $2500 airfare and hotels. Italy. France. The UK.

Example; A guided tour of Italy can includes a 7 day tour across 3 of Italy's most famous cities... Like 2 nights in Venice, 2 nights in Florence, and 3 nights in Rome. All in selected hotels for the tour. Cost includes airfare, hotel accommodations at each stop, a few special 3 or 5-course dinners with the tour group, with beer and wine samplings, and some entrance fees in to certain events or locations along the tour...

Mexico and the Caribbean can fucking suck it. I'll never waste another dime on either of those 3rd world tourist traps. I'd rather check out the French Rivera, or the Tuscan hills, or take some factory tours at Ferrari or Lamborghini, or go tasting in Champagne or Cognac , France.

There are so many awesome locations all across Europe, for whatever you're in to. Beaches. Car culture. Fashion. History and sight seeing. Religion. Fine dining and alcohol. Hell you can even hit Amsterdam if drugs and hookers are more your style.

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just came back from puerto plata in Dominican Republic and it was off the hook. I paid $1800 all inclusive for a week... I had a few friends that went to punta Cana and weren't too whiled about it.
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just came back from Hawaii and I'd highly recommend it! I've been to Waikiki several times in the past but this time we stayed in Ko Olina at the Aulina (Disney) resort and it was a whole different experience. It's awesome if you have kids too!

That area of Oahu isn't as packed as Waikiki and the beaches are beautiful...a few "small" lagoons where you can just chill out and enjoy the beach without having to worry about kids getting washed out into the ocean by waves lol.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

AP16
¯
Member # 12890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP16  Ford pictures for AP16    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
been about a month since i been back from a stay at HYATT Ziva Los Cabos, Mx. Great time & excellent service
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stick to tourist friendly shit, Dominican Republic sounds like AK47s and poor ass Haitians everywhere. I'd rather be bugged by kids selling chikley. Hawaii or Mexico
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alaska!

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :