Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Grundy Insurance??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Grundy Insurance??
AP16
¯
Member # 12890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP16  Ford pictures for AP16    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone insured through them? Any experience with claims? Have an 04 saleen that I hardly drive & only use it for "pleasure" you can say.
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Havent tried grundy , but i did get quotes from hagerty and heacock on classic car insurance but due to my high speed chase on my record from back when i lived in the bay they couldnt insure me till those 2 points drop

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Their policies may have changed, but in the past Grundy was very strict about coverage... As in, very selective as to the conditions under which your car is covered.

Example: say you have a $30k agreed value, unlimited mileage collector car policy through Grundy.

Under the old policy, you are allowed unlimited mileage of pleasure cruising. But, you are not allowed to take extended road trips or any over night stays away from your garage. If you park at a girls house overnight, and the car is stolen or vandalized in that location, your claim could be denied.

If you car is stolen or vandalized or otherwise damaged or totaled, say... In the parking lot of a mall or grocery store while you're shopping... Not covered. That is considered an "errand" not pleasure driving.

Collector car insurance covers cars that are treated like a collector car. Namely, garaged. Driven to car shows. Taken on a day cruise. Trailered to events. Not a car used to run errands or go to work or generally used like a normal car in any way.

Other companies will sometimes allow for errand running, driving to work, road trips and such... But they usually have steep yearly mileage limitations to offset these higher risk driving conditions.

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shop around. A lot. Talk to agents on the phone about your needs and conditions. As I stated in the other thread, make sure it is an Agreed Value policy. Make sure you'll be covered under the conditions you actually drive.
Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com