Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » who here replaces phone screens

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: who here replaces phone screens
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So my note 2 screen crack. Everything works. I called couple of place they all want 150. The screen its only 15 bucks on amazon. I seen videos on YouTube but fuck im to scare to fuck up the lcd screen.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pay the money to a reputable place. I just tried to replace the screen on my S3 after watching the how to on YouTube. I fucked up the LCD. But hey, the new screen is awesome!

[ 2014-06-16, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: TR1 ]

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
S550_Andres
¯
Member # 11083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S550_Andres  Ford pictures for S550_Andres    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TR1:
Pay the money to a reputable place. I just tried to replace the screen on my S3 after watching the how to on YouTube. I fucked up the LCD. But hey, the new screen is awesome!

How to videos always do the trick lol

--------------------
86 notch coyote swapped
89 convertible 302 hci
85 notch 347 hci

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TR1:

Lol. I guess I will until my upgrade in a about a month. Fuck I just wanted to sell my phone after my upgrade.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
marcohdz
¯
Member # 12508

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for marcohdz  Ford pictures for marcohdz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Usually on these galaxy phones if you replace just the glass it becomes a little unresponsive. I used to fix them and the reason is because it has some sort of glue between the glass and LCD and when you replace the glass the glue is not there anymore.

--------------------
ThoroughBred 408

Posts: 66 | From: san jose, ca | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
NK2186
¯
Member # 12319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NK2186  Ford pictures for NK2186    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you only need the outer glass then it is cheap but you are going to need to find a website that sells the glass and the glue strip as well. The glue is the tricky part! it is hard to separate from the original LCD/digitizer and takes some special care to make sure you do not get your fingerprints on the glue... If you do it might be there forever! a pair of tweezers can make the job go smoothly. Also a clean dustless room would be a great choice as well when replacing it!

--------------------
90 LX 5.0 - Stolen/stripped
89 LX 5.0 - Stolen and missing as of 7-24-13. LIC# 4HIP151 :(
99 Cobra
00 Exploder

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com