Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » ebay scam

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ebay scam
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i sold 16 rocker arms that where in great condition, buyer complains about a scratch, so i refund the transaction just to keep the gd e bay rating, and i only get 15 back.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like buyer just needed one from the start.
Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
king_jays_50
¯
Member # 9513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for king_jays_50  Ford pictures for king_jays_50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WTF how is that possible? ?
Posts: 711 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to break to you but the buyer will always get the benefit of the doubt, over the seller.

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dp..

[ 2014-05-20, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: *Als50* ]

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is why i stopped selling on ebay. That company is a picture perfect example of scam artist. They rape you with fees, Then they allow buyers to legally steal from you and you cant do anything about it.

Go email ebay about your situation and see what response you get, Itll be laughable. They will tell you "tough luck".

[ 2014-05-20, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
slowback67 had me buy a bike frame once and this dude tried to stiff us. luckly i asked around on some forums and got that fools work number. after we had a little chat while he was on the clock. slowbacks frame arrived only a few days after the call, after months of waiting.

other then that everything has been smooth without any major hitch. your best bet is to really tailor your shipping times, return polices etc.

All my Ad's say "this Item has been been described to the best of my knowledge, if you want more detailed pictures or have any further questions, please ask before bidding. all items I sell have no warranty and will not be returned"

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man I forgot all about that LOL.
I still need to set up a PayPal account. [Eek!]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
so i sold 16 rocker arms that where in great condition, buyer complains about a scratch, so i refund the transaction just to keep the gd e bay rating, and i only get 15 back.

I'm sorry brother. That is a bunch of bull bro. I hope this gets resolved!!

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Change the return policy to no returns allowed
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:

+1

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KARATExxCHUCK:
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:

+1
+2 I had the same problem before when I sold stuff on ebay gotta make sure you put no returns so sale is basically final

[ 2014-05-23, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Built88LX ]

Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Same thing happened to me when I sold a pitching radar gun. Never had any problems with it and Che ked it before I sent it out. Get a message from the guy that its defective. So I return has money after getting it back. Go to find out what's wrong with it. And the repair guy asked me if I'd taken it apart, because the serial number on the board doesn't match the case number. The dude did a switcheroo with the internal components. Cost me $150 for the damaged component and the labor, which he charged me half because of the situation.

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Lemonade
¯
Member # 3692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemonade  Ford pictures for Lemonade    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RRRCobraSC281:
Same thing happened to me when I sold a pitching radar gun. Never had any problems with it and Che ked it before I sent it out. Get a message from the guy that its defective. So I return has money after getting it back. Go to find out what's wrong with it. And the repair guy asked me if I'd taken it apart, because the serial number on the board doesn't match the case number. The dude did a switcheroo with the internal components. Cost me $150 for the damaged component and the labor, which he charged me half because of the situation.

Wow! That's really crappy.
Lems

Tonp650
¯
Member # 10888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tonp650  Ford pictures for Tonp650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ebay is a joke. Buyer has way too much influence over the transaction.

[ 2014-05-24, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Tonp650 ]

SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RRRCobraSC281:

FUCK that sux. FUCK EBAY!!!!

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It goes both ways. There are just as many shitty sellers as there are of shitty buyers. But I do agree ebay has gone to shit and charges you a shit load of money and doesn't back you up for shit.

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com