Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Any class A drivers looking for a job?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any class A drivers looking for a job?
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Food service delivery route driver jobs available. Warehouse is based in Fremont and there are a few outer yards throughout the bay area. 5 days a week with plenty of OT. I've been here for 3 years now as a driver. PM me for more details.
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sysco Sucks [Razz]

You still delivering out in the 101 north area? ( windsor, Healdsburg , santa rosa...)

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hahaha. I'm all over the place. Haven't seen you guys around in a while. Watch what you say, we might buy you guys out too.

[ 2014-05-14, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: 5.0_707 ]

flores24v
¯
Member # 10586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flores24v  Ford pictures for flores24v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
Sysco Sucks [Razz]

You still delivering out in the 101 north area? ( windsor, Healdsburg , santa rosa...)

Who do you work for?
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by flores24v:
quote:
Sysco Sucks [Razz]

Who do you work for?
I work for a company called Ed Jones Food Service. We strictly deliver to schools all over the bay. We got about 100 school districts that we handle on a weekly basis.

--------------------

flores24v
¯
Member # 10586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flores24v  Ford pictures for flores24v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sysco Sucks [Razz]

Who do you work for?
I work for a company called Ed Jones Food Service. We strictly deliver to schools all over the bay. We got about 100 school districts that we handle on a weekly basis.
Oh ok, because when dude said something about buying you guys out I was like I wonder who he works for, I used to work for saladinos. Not my cup of tea, having to stock date and rotate, I would rather just drop inside and go
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sysco Sucks [Razz]

Who do you work for?
Oh ok, because when dude said something about buying you guys out I was like I wonder who he works for, I used to work for saladinos. Not my cup of tea, having to stock date and rotate, I would rather just drop inside and go
I used to deliver beer and HATED having to rotate and fill shelves. Couldn't imagine doing that delivering food. On the blade off the blade, don't touch shit twice!
flores24v
¯
Member # 10586

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0_707:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sysco Sucks [Razz]

Who do you work for?
I used to deliver beer and HATED having to rotate and fill shelves. Couldn't imagine doing that delivering food. On the blade off the blade, don't touch shit twice!
Yea it was a pain in the ass, specially when they would send me out without a lifgate/pallet jack, going up and down that ramp then go inside and stock date rotate, it was a joke lol I said I would never do food service again, but I always here how Sysco drivers be making good money and all you guys do is drop, and I've seen all your trailers are lifgates, I stay in sac, I have a buddy who's brother in law works for them, maybe I'll look into it, I'm up in sac by the way

[ 2014-05-15, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: flores24v ]

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

We've got ramp trailers too. The 35' are all lift gates tho. I don't mind the ramp as much if the load is built to where it peels off. If I have to dig and brake boards down its a pain in the ass. Idk if sac is hiring but you should look into it.

[ 2014-05-15, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: 5.0_707 ]

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0_707:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sysco Sucks [Razz]

Who do you work for?
But you guys do have to scan every bar code on every case you deliver. I would be the one to get in trouble for manually entering the amount LOL.

--------------------

2Foxes2Five0Coupes
¯
Member # 9154

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes  Ford pictures for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is the drive camera an issue for you Sysco drivers ? How much monitoring of it do they do and are they enforcing every little thing they see you do on drivecam that they don't like ?
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by 2Foxes2Five0Coupes:
Is the drive camera an issue for you Sysco drivers ? How much monitoring of it do they do and are they enforcing every little thing they see you do on drivecam that they don't like ?

A sysco driver told me it's not recording all the time. It only turns on when the tires break loose, you break really hard..... Good thing it doesn't record the whole time. I can't help but drop an F bomb when someone's driving like a retard in front of me.
From what I've been told by employees is they like working for them. It's hard work. You have plenty of opportunities to work overtime & they pay pretty good. Oh and benefits are suppose to be good too. [patriot]

[ 2014-05-16, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: SLOWBACK 67 ]

--------------------

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 2Foxes2Five0Coupes:

A sysco driver told me it's not recording all the time. It only turns on when the tires break loose, you break really hard..... Good thing it doesn't record the whole time. I can't help but drop an F bomb when someone's driving like a retard in front of me.
From what I've been told by employees is they like working for them. It's hard work. You have plenty of opportunities to work overtime & they pay pretty good. Oh and benefits are suppose to be good too. [patriot]

All of this... Cams come on when you break hard hit something or hit a pot hole. It records 10 secs before and after. They have some third party company monitor the vids. Not really a big deal as long as you're not eating or on the phone (when the cam goes off) I've been popped doing both and it's really just a warning letter. You get a lot of chances to fuck up before they fire you and even then you've got the union to try and do what they can to get you back to work. Benifits are great!
Scanning isn't an issue for me. Helps locate product faster than having to cross check the invoice at every stop. Every once in a while the bar codes aren't printed clearly and are unable to scan and that's when it sucks

[ 2014-05-16, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: 5.0_707 ]

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's the pay I do OTR and I train now for central ref

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:

I don't know why duty I thought you drove for fed X or ups. OTR can get real boring. I work with a few guys that use to run OTR and hated it. Not so bad when you're single. But having a family and never being home, or the time home isn't relaxing cause your family wants to spend quality time with you..... When you just wanna get some ass and take a nap in your own bed. [patriot]

--------------------

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:

I don't know why duty I thought you drove for fed X or ups. OTR can get real boring. I work with a few guys that use to run OTR and hated it. Not so bad when you're single. But having a family and never being home, or the time home isn't relaxing cause your family wants to spend quality time with you..... When you just wanna get some ass and take a nap in your own bed. [patriot]
right now I'm running a month on and a month off and still get paid every week even when I'm off so it's not to bad just always looking for other opportunities and more pay

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I work for Systems Services of America we are looking for drivers and selectors in the milpitas yard the pay is great i started with them in october and I have already made 30k there are drivers that make 100k with out breaking a sweat avrage case counts hover around the 1300's and 12 stops

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com