Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » soon to be new dad (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: soon to be new dad
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I just found out last night my girl PREGO and it will be my first kid she a month or so so we don't know what it is yet but any good tip on been a new dad ??????
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tip #1 Dont start telling people until you get through the first trimester.
Tip #2 Whatever you think a kid will cost in your head multiply it by 10
Tip #3 Do not ask for clothes at the baby shower. Diapers trump clothes as your kid will grow out of clothes on a monthly basis.
Tim #4 Do not tell people what names you are thinking of for your kid as everyone will have an over critical opinion.

Tip #5 the most important. Have as much sex as possible because she aint gettin more pregnant than she already is.

Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Save your money. You will need it. Say goodbye to sleep. Ain't no such thing.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
costco is the spot for diapers and wipes. oh, and for some reason, prego girls are hornier.

[ 2014-05-02, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: fredfifty ]

Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All great tips in here.. I used costco to stock up on the diapers,wipes and formula. But wait until after your guys baby shower to know what you will need. If/when you register at places for the baby shower, SCAN EVERYTHING lol..friends and family usually are generous.

The first few months are rough but it gets better lol.. Congrats!

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My Daughter is coming up on 18 months old and everyone's advice above is correct.

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Vndcatr:
All great tips in here.. I used costco to stock up on the diapers,wipes and formula. But wait until after your guys baby shower to know what you will need. If/when you register at places for the baby shower, SCAN EVERYTHING lol..friends and family usually are generous.

The first few months are rough but it gets better lol.. Congrats!

Just went to my buddies coed baby shower. They scanned 4 things for the registry. Diapers formula wipes and something else. Never seen so many packs of diapers. It also made it super easy to buy for them.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just like someone else said above don't tell anyone about the pregnancy until the first trimester is over. My wife and I made this mistake and we found out at five months that the baby had no heart beat and she had to have surgery to get the baby removed, hardest thing I've every had to go through in my life. She got pregnant again and we didn't tell anyone until she was in the clear. Buy a ton of diapers, wipes, and don't bother too much on clothes as they grow faster than you can keep up with. Also my biggest advice for you is learn patience, your life will never be the same but it will change for the better and you'll feel things you've never felt before and enjoy it bro, congrats I wish you all the best luck in the world.

--------------------
03 Terminator

mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SVTGhoust:
Save your money. You will need it. Say goodbye to sleep. Ain't no such thing.

BooYah!!!! hit that shit a mile away...sleep when your dead.....just had my first and oh do i miss my zzz's...im happy regardless but man o man i miss the sleep...

--------------------
91 vert lx 5.0, 68 CS, 69 BB nova

510.86.notch
¯
Member # 9892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510.86.notch  Ford pictures for 510.86.notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's a great feeling.i just had my first last Tuesday.a lot has changed since I found out my girl was prego.enjoy your peace and quit now.because there isn't goin to be much of that after he or she is born.congrats.

--------------------
91 mustang coupe
84 mustang svo
89 mustang.4cyl5speed.
87 thunderbird turbo coupe-sold
86 mustang GT hatch-sold-kinda
86 mustang coupe-sold

Posts: 1062 | From: san leandro | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
1FAST93NOTCH
¯
Member # 10722

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 1FAST93NOTCH  Ford pictures for 1FAST93NOTCH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome to RB's.

http://classifieds.myredbook.com

--------------------
2014 Oxford White Raptor Production #: 30727
1993 Red Notchback Production #: 29409
1993 Teal Cobra Production #: 4505
TEAM TRUE FORGED

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats!!

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
fiftwyz
¯
Member # 8351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiftwyz  Ford pictures for fiftwyz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Congrats!!

+1
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fiftwyz:
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Congrats!!

+1
+2 Being a dad is a fun, scary and rewarding experience. Diapers don't last that long nor does the endless nights. You'll make it through no prob

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys Ya I know they cost a lot and no sleep smh I just don't want to f-up as a dad you know just want tip to not going off so ez if that makes since ???
redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
costco is the spot for diapers and wipes. oh, and for some reason, prego girls are hornier.

+1

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GOT 50:
Tip #3 Do not ask for clothes at the baby shower. Diapers trump clothes as your kid will grow out of clothes on a monthly basis.
Tim #4 Do not tell people what names you are thinking of for your kid as everyone will have an over critical opinion.

Tip #5 the most important. Have as much sex as possible because she aint gettin more pregnant than she already is.

Probably the best advice ever given on CAFords. All of it is 100% true.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

All GREAT tips!! lol

COSTCO "IS" THE PLACE FOR DAIPERS AND WIPES!! And if you do not have a membership i will be more then happy to meet up with at Costco to shop. I LOVE THAT PLACE!! lol

Just a little advice, if your girl decides to NOT breast feed. DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT go with a formula and then switch it later on down the road. You will hate yourself. My bestfriend did that with his kid and his baby was constipated for weeks and was always crying because the poor little guy was constipated!!

GOOD LUCK BEING A DAD and CONGRATS [Big Grin]
Another FORD lover to fight against the FORD HATERS!!

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93 5.0:
if that makes since ???

Nope......
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on that man my lady is 5 months preggo with my 1st kid.....found out its a girl...shits crazy watching the baby grow and because imma bigger guy 6"3 238 my girls huge for how far along she is lol

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry to hear about that bro, but yes #1 was the most important to me too because my girlfriend was also pregnant and we told people and we ended up also losing that baby.. i now have a 7 month old daughter and were extremely happy... so to the op all the above are spot on, good luck and you are gonna love being a dad!!!
quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
Just like someone else said above don't tell anyone about the pregnancy until the first trimester is over. My wife and I made this mistake and we found out at five months that the baby had no heart beat and she had to have surgery to get the baby removed, hardest thing I've every had to go through in my life. She got pregnant again and we didn't tell anyone until she was in the clear. Buy a ton of diapers, wipes, and don't bother too much on clothes as they grow faster than you can keep up with. Also my biggest advice for you is learn patience, your life will never be the same but it will change for the better and you'll feel things you've never felt before and enjoy it bro, congrats I wish you all the best luck in the world.

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well first and most important is congrats!!!

Having kids is awesome. They will teach you more about yourself than you knew. Having kids makes you appreciate the little things, seeing them do all those things we don't think about for the first time, capturing that amazement in their eyes as they do it. You know how guys always say that they are willing to die for someone? Well once you have a kid, you find that you mean it now. It's a part of you, cherish it. Remember that anything you do in front of it, it's learning from you. So how you handle other people, problems etc, that helps mold their way of thinking. So think things through before reacting.

Diapers are important. Don't buy any till baby is born. You don't know how long they will be in certain sizes, so don't over buy. Also you don't know if they will be in premie or size 1 to start, so it's best to wait. As for gift, ask for gift cards, ie target and Walmart. Avoid buying diapers, formula etc at babies r us. It's cheaper elsewhere. Learn to coupon. Their are tons of coupons for baby goods. You can save a ton this way. If you need pointers feel free to ask. I can get into more detail.

Don't always buy new clothes. There are tons of parents that do this, then their kids will never wear them all, so you can get stuff second hand cheap that is still new. Ya do get a few special outfits but you will get this more once they are here.

Wash the clothes in perfume free laundry soap for about the first 6-12 months. You won't know what they are allergic to, so it's safer to do this.

Don't buy formula until baby is born if going this route. Some 1in4 babies are born and can't drink milk based formula, therefor you will need soy.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats. As mention above all great advice. But I will add a bit more since I have a 3 year old boy and 1 year girl. 1 take advantage when they nap. 2 Learn to control any anger u have. 3 Your life with your girl will change a lot. 4 Try to have close family member help u guys from time to time. 5 enjoy and take a shit load of pics and videos.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
SacGrown89GT
¯
Member # 7435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacGrown89GT  Ford pictures for SacGrown89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:

I feel you on this. Me n the wife did the same thing about telling everyone as soon as we found out about us having a 2nd baby since we were trying for so long. Found out at 2 mnths no heart beat and she too needed surgery. One of the worst feelings in the world. To top it off since we wanted another so bad my wife got all depressed and ddnt wanna try again. After about 4 months doc said we were able to try again. Sure enough seeing as my 3yr old needs a brother or sister we agreed to try again and sure enough we are expecting again, thank god. This time we waited till all the doctor visits to make sure baby is wer its sposed to be and heart beat is healthy. God is great.

Back to the new to be dad,
Congrats to you bro. Being a dad is the most amazing thing in the world. Like stated above youll change for the better and make sure to take lots of pics and videos. And ill b a foo if you dont cry when he or she is born! Kids are Truly a blessing. Again congrats bro its gonna be a mood changin wife for the rest of the ride!! Haha dont let that scare u jus b ready for it. Hopefully our stories dont scare you theyre just things that happen.
[Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------
"Your shit aint hot!"
"No but its faster than your shoes"
"...."

Posts: 699 | From: SacGROWNmento | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[worship] Dead on!!! Tip #1 is the scariest. We didn't tell anyone because the first 3 months are the hardest. Tip #5 is true also. After the baby is born she might not want it because she will be too tired 90% of the time. Tip #6 get a 4 door car, SUV or mid size SUV. Last but not least, say good bye to sleep. I haven't slept in past 7:30 am for almost a year. I got used to it, keep in mind I was able to sleep in until 10 am sometimes [Smile]

--------------------
To be or not to be

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com