Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Frame powder coating Bay Area

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Frame powder coating Bay Area
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need a reputable and reasonably priced powder coating company to do the frame on my 65 c10 project. If anybody has any valuable input on the subject I would appreciate it

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MAAS Brothers in Livermore. One of the best hands down. They can do it.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
MAAS Brothers in Livermore. One of the best hands down. They can do it.

they come to my shop all the time and when I asked they said they only pick up from shops. maybe I can bring the frame to my job and have them pick it up there
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh you want it picked it up to?

I just drive mine in and dropped it off local. Very reasonable too.

Precision coatings in Lodi.

-

This truck is full said no mexican ever. Lets just say i took backroads to avoid the chippies.

-

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
Oh you want it picked it up to?

I just drive mine in and dropped it off local. Very reasonable too.

Precision coatings in Lodi.

-

This truck is full said no mexican ever. Lets just say i took backroads to avoid the chippies.

-

Well no I just remember Maas brothers did that. I'll probably end up taking it there. One question. Are powder coating shops still responsible for sand blasting the frame or do I need to do that myself THEN take it

--------------------
King Lx

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope you had that thing strapped down good and had a flag on it..... A Mexican would have stuffed that frame in a Tahoe/Van or set it on top.

James. A majority of shops are going to want to prep the parts themselves anyways.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:

James. A majority of shops are going to want to prep the parts themselves anyways.

Good to know. This is my first big project want it done right

--------------------
King Lx

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
quote:

If you want it done right ,don't go looking for the cheapest price.. Nothing done right is going to be cheap but I'm sure you know that

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
quote:

If you want it done right ,don't go looking for the cheapest price.. Nothing done right is going to be cheap but I'm sure you know that
+1. Quality work doesnt come cheap. This is why legit builds have tens of thousands of dollars into it.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
TMA Turbo Donald
¯
Member # 11926

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TMA Turbo Donald  Ford pictures for TMA Turbo Donald    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a frame on a Corvette powder coated and a subframe powder coated on a first gen. Camaro. One of the Powder coaters powder coated over baked on grease!! I would prep the frame prior to getting it powder coated.

Is the your C10 frame C-channeled? If so do you have any intentions on boxing in the frame or gusseting certain areas for rigidity. Some things to ponder prior to powder coating.

[patriot]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com