Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » This Should Never Have Happened (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: This Should Never Have Happened
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/neighbors-haunted-infants-death-suv/nfcfN/

quote:
SAN JOSE, Calif. —

San Jose police were investigating the death of a baby after it was left behind by his father in a parked SUV all day.

The tragedy has family, friends and residents in the neighborhood dealing with grief as well as feelings of guilt.

A family friend, Yousif Nijmeh, showed KTVU the spot along Payne Avenue where the incident took place Wednesday.

Nijmeh says the father, who police have not publicly identified, works for Nijmeh's brother's vending supply company.

The father picks up a delivery truck every morning at Nijmeh's house and parks an SUV on the street.

Nijmeh said the father usually drops the nine-month old at a babysitter first but Wednesday drove off with the infant still strapped inside a child seat in the SUV.

On that day, the temperature hit a high of 79-degrees.

"I don't know how it happened" said an anguished Nijmeh. "He got distracted or something and when he got back (that evening) he found the baby and called 911 and when they came they found out he is dead."

Nijmeh said he and neighbors are haunted by the tragedy because they were working on a car and a damaged sidewalk for hours within a few feet of the SUV.

"I feel so bad" said Nimjeh. "It's difficult because the windows were tinted. That's the main reason. But the baby wasn't fussing or crying. Otherwise we would have heard him."

Police said no arrests have been made pending a review by the District Attorney's office.

Nimjeh and others said they don't think the father deserves to be arrested.

"They restrained him from talking to anybody," Nimjeh said describing the police investigation. "He was crying and grieving and all he could say was 'the baby, the baby.'"

Nimjeh said he understood the legal dilemma because he considers it an accident but still wants to know how the father could forget he left a baby behind.

[Frown] RIP...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont understand how people can leave their kids in the car. probably playin on his cell phone

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea man, but can you imagine that baby just sitting in the car all day...slowly dying away. the thought of that just rips my heart out. i would not want that on any child...among other things of course...shit like this should not be happening to a child. another incident in sf, where a 2 or 3 year old child was burned alive, along with his mother...really terrible, cant even fathom.
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Death penalty , or stoned to death , who forgets a child motherfucker

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What I don't get is how it took him until he was going to pick his SUV up to find this out. It's your job to drop the baby off at daycare. So no time during the day he stops and thinks. Wait did I drop the bay off this morning? Oh shit! No and rush to make sure? What a dumb ass. His mom should never have had kids because obviously he is retarded

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bad genes, thin out the herd. Fuck that idiot.
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is something that happens far too often

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
foxbody
¯
Member # 582

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxbody  Ford pictures for foxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you never heard of this happening before cars were equipped with air bags and infants were still allowed in the front seats!
Posts: 15754 | From: san jose | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
CRS24WILSON
¯
Member # 9979

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRS24WILSON  Ford pictures for CRS24WILSON    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they should put him and jail and forget about him!
Posts: 245 | From: SAN JOSE, CA | Registered: May 2010  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
yea man, but can you imagine that baby just sitting in the car all day...slowly dying away. the thought of that just rips my heart out. i would not want that on any child...among other things of course...shit like this should not be happening to a child. another incident in sf, where a 2 or 3 year old child was burned alive, along with his mother...really terrible, cant even fathom.

I'm with you bro, before I had kids I didn't feel this way. I felt sad for the family but now that I have small kids of my own it makes me sick to my stomach and hurts to see children and infants go through this. I can't imagine how you would leave your own flesh and blood in a car all day. Sad sad story RIP.

--------------------
03 Terminator

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As a father, I don't get how this could have happened???

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think he deserves to go to jail for that. I mean yea he did forget about his baby but then again think about how he must feel after realizing he killed his child. I don't have kids but I'm pretty sure if one of you guys did some shit like that, you wouldn't want to be thrown in jail. Put yourself in his situation.

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Z06-FTMFW:
As a father, I don't get how this could have happened???

Same here, theres many moments when im at work or just driving thinking about my 1yr old son. Im confident in saying I would never leave him anywhere unattended. Some people just dont deserve to be parents.

Some of the stories and news i read about parents "Accidentally" killing their kids pisses me off. [Frown]

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
CRS24WILSON
¯
Member # 9979

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRS24WILSON  Ford pictures for CRS24WILSON    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wht86drop:
I don't think he deserves to go to jail for that. I mean yea he did forget about his baby but then again think about how he must feel after realizing he killed his child. I don't have kids but I'm pretty sure if one of you guys did some shit like that, you wouldn't want to be thrown in jail. Put yourself in his situation.

this guy was supposed to be responsible for his kid, and yes it would suck to be put in his place. However, to say that you forgot about your CHILD is ridiculous and to be let free because of that is even worse. Im sorry but i have no remorse for fucktards like him
Posts: 245 | From: SAN JOSE, CA | Registered: May 2010  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hes gotta do time for being a dumbass. Like others said he should have remembered or thought about it during the day. Bullshit that happened
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

If I was in that position, put my ass in jail. A kid isn't a fucking backpack or laptop, its your fucking kid. Not something you forget about or neglect. I believe he left the kid in there cause he's an asshole.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First thought is put the father in jail but then you have to sit there and think. If it was truly an accident, his punishment is going to be dealing with the fact that he killed his innocent child. It's easy to say throw his ass in jail but we don't know if this father worked many many hours to provide a living for his family. Maybe he lacked sleep and wasn't thinking straight and honestly thought he dropped off his kid at the babysitters. Crazy shit happens and the thought of the poor baby crying due to the extremely hot conditions and dying from it, is unimaginable.

--------------------
To be or not to be

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Infamous5.0:
First thought is put the father in jail but then you have to sit there and think. If it was truly an accident, his punishment is going to be dealing with the fact that he killed his innocent child. It's easy to say throw his ass in jail but we don't know if this father worked many many hours to provide a living for his family. Maybe he lacked sleep and wasn't thinking straight and honestly thought he dropped off his kid at the babysitters. Crazy shit happens and the thought of the poor baby crying due to the extremely hot conditions and dying from it, is unimaginable.

THIS!

He's guna have to deal with it for the rest of his life. You guys sure as hell wont

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

What you serious. He deserves to die a slow painful death. Put his ass in a oven and slowly heat it up till he is dead. How do you forget that you have your baby in the car. I bet if he forgot his cell phone he would have ran back and see 8f he left it in the car. People need to take a IQ test before they are able to have kids. You put your baby In the car and forget his is in there thats like going to take a shit and pulling your pants down and leaving your boxers up and shiting on yourself.
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

quote:
Originally posted by Anderthizzle:
quote:

What you serious. He deserves to die a slow painful death. Put his ass in a oven and slowly heat it up till he is dead. How do you forget that you have your baby in the car. I bet if he forgot his cell phone he would have ran back and see 8f he left it in the car. People need to take a IQ test before they are able to have kids. You put your baby In the car and forget his is in there thats like going to take a shit and pulling your pants down and leaving your boxers up and shiting on yourself.
Like Infamous5.0 said, he could have been going through some shit but then again if it was me I would have thought about it sometime throughout the day. I believe if it was truly a god honest accident he shouldn't be "stoned to death" that's just fucked up. And 135.0, would you really want to sit in jail for the rest of your life for that? Think long and hard because nobody likes or wants to go to jail PERIOD

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

i wouldnt want to pass judgement on the dad just yet...the FACT is, as of right now, a child died.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Infant-dies-in-San-Jose-after-being-left-in-car-5410336.php

quote:
"What usually happens is that people get very judgmental because it's so hard to imagine that ever happening to you," she said. "In most cases, the defense mechanism is to make monsters out of the parents that it happened to so that they can further distance themselves from thinking that something like that could happen to them. That's just the biggest mistake anyone can make."

[ 2014-04-18, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: fredfifty ]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How do you forget your child.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

1SLWFOX
¯
Member # 5779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLWFOX  Ford pictures for 1SLWFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://abcnews.go.com/News/mother-drives-with-5-week-old-on-top-of-car/blogEntry?id=16485969&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

--------------------
The Anti-crew
187Performance
------------------------
1979 notchback
1988 notchback
302 B-Cam, GT40s, cobra Intake, and exhaust

Posts: 583 | From: Westcoast1320 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Now that's a stupid broad

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And they say weed dont make you stupid. Maybe she was drinking the hair dye.
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com