Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Opinions on UTI?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Opinions on UTI?
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blue95gt  Ford pictures for blue95gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Been thinking about doing UTI out in Dallas when I get out of the marines next May. Any opinions on the school?
Posts: 273 | From: Antioch, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
UTI? I have seen a few females get that! Looks like it sucks. Urinary tract infection right? Lol JK

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

CRS24WILSON
¯
Member # 9979

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRS24WILSON  Ford pictures for CRS24WILSON    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went to the school, both sacramento and rancho campus. You learn a lot and its all hands on. Great program but make sure its something you want to do. Working at a dealership is ok but it can get repetitive.
What was your mos?

[ 2014-03-31, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: CRS24WILSON ]

Posts: 245 | From: SAN JOSE, CA | Registered: May 2010  |  :
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blue95gt  Ford pictures for blue95gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R:
UTI? I have seen a few females get that! Looks like it sucks. Urinary tract infection right? Lol JK

lol well played, well played.

but im thinkin to go for diesel/automotive. preferably to land a job in the diesel field after the schooling.

blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

and wilson, im an 0352
CRS24WILSON
¯
Member # 9979

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRS24WILSON  Ford pictures for CRS24WILSON    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice.. i was a 2111.. definitely get into the diesel program if you can.
Posts: 245 | From: SAN JOSE, CA | Registered: May 2010  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's a waste of money IMO. Was going to go there, but changed my mind after talking to a bunch of co-workers who are all dealership master technicians at Chevy. Yes, its all hands on and you do learn a lot. But, out of 9 of my friends that all graduated from UTI, not one of them landed a decent job in the automotive industry. All of them are working misc jobs trying to pay back the $25k loan they took out.

My other buddy went to alameda college and graduated from their diesel program.. he got a job a PG&E making $46/hr at 20 Years old. No loans or anything. Says it's an awsome program and you learn just as much as a trade school.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does the GI bill covers the loan or pays off if yes then you should do it. Right now I'm going to community college and they have auto classes here and I saving ton of money!

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you really wanna go you should plan to be in the top 5% of the school brcause your wasting you money otherwise. Dealers only want the best and I dont blame them

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck that...go to a welding institution or be a pipe fitter..and make bank..you can go spend 25k on uti or wyotech and end up not making shit. .Some have success...Some don't... goodluck

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did the automotive/diesel program at the Dallas campus. It's a great program but you only get out of it what you put into it. There were so many slackers and dumbasses. I went in there and hammered it out and graduated on time with a 4.0gpa. I work at a dealership but it's not your average dealership so it keeps things interesting.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

Thanks for all the opinions, good and bad. I have some more time to decide what I'm going to do.

And I can definitely understand that there will be guys there not taking it seriously and fuckin off.

And yes the GI Bill does cover tech schools.

[ 2014-04-02, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: blue95gt ]

diablounicorn
¯
Member # 13033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for diablounicorn  Ford pictures for diablounicorn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if dallas JCs have automotive technology just go there and save your money.
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why not use the GI bill and get a BA/BS at a University? It'll open more doors for you and you'll have a better pussy to cock ratio in your classes [Confused] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
WILDMAN97
¯
Member # 9138

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDMAN97  Ford pictures for WILDMAN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I were you I'd take a welding course or some other technical school while you're still in. Go to the education center and check out some things out, TA will pay for a one time technical school while you're active duty. I'm over at Camp Pen
I MEF G-4.

blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

quote:
Originally posted by WILDMAN97:
If I were you I'd take a welding course or some other technical school while you're still in. Go to the education center and check out some things out, TA will pay for a one time technical school while you're active duty. I'm over at Camp Pen
I MEF G-4.

I've been told this plenty of times. Infantry simply does not have time for that. Your CO has to approve the course you want to take and if you fail it you have to pay back that tuition money out of pocket. Specifically online courses. Right now in the middle of a work up for deployment there's no chance of me getting approved to get away for civilian ran schools. Shitty lol
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

And a small reason too is, I have a good base knowledge of automotive. But later on in life I'd like to do my own builds without having to rely on a buddy helping me out using his brain for everything. May sound stupid but what ever lol
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
motors change so much and so many new tools and updates. if I was you and looking to make a career working on stuff. ide go big semi or big field equipment. 2nd would be boat/diesel then planes. then last get into autobody. autobody can make a lot of side money.
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lots of people are giving you examples of people who have failed at UTI, and some who have make money with no school, Look both are possible, it all depends on how motivated you are!!!

For example I make more than all my friends that are engineers, we all went to the same school, same degree (I have little more now) and I have less experience than them. The difference is I work hard and I'm motivated.

Your success depends on YOU!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com