Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Sell it or keep it...need some advice!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sell it or keep it...need some advice!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know, I know...story of my life. I buy a car. I like the car. Then I sell it. I know what you're thinking, so bring it on [Razz]

I'm seriously thinking about selling my 1989 Foxbody Road Race track car. I picked it up in December, cleaned it up to my standards, let it sit...and here we are today. Don't get me wrong, it has everything I ever wanted in a track car and more, but it just sits!

I posted it up for sale on a few forums as a feeler a few months ago, but now I'm getting a little more serious about it really getting rid of it. The reason being - frustration! It's a track only car, can't be driven on the streets, and I can't seem to find time to take it out to a trackday. So it just sits!

That being said, I have seriously been thinking about selling it to get a classic muscle car to enjoy with the family and just drive around on the weekends. My passion for road racing/trackdays will never fade, which is what's keeping me from selling it, but not finding any time at all to make it to the track is what's playing the devil's advocate role.

What should I do?!?! Keep it and try to enjoy it?!?

Sell it and buy something else I can drive/enjoy on the streets whenever I want?

At this point in life, I'm more into beating up the car rather than showing it off, so I'm not sure what to do. What do you guys think?

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

9snake5
¯
Member # 10881

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9snake5  Ford pictures for 9snake5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its a bad ass car but i say sell it and get somthing you can enjoy on the street. btw how much are you asking for it bro?

--------------------
94 svt cobra
00 expedition

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you sold the white car, your ready for the next chapter. Don't look back [Cool]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
306calypso...it's definitely a bad ass car. Lightweight, bunch of race goods, and decent power, but it's not a street car. That puts a damper on a lot of the fun for me. I'd be looking for close to $10k for it. American Iron legal racecar...ready to rock if you're ready for it [patriot]

135...Well, I sold the FALEEN because I needed as much cash in my account when we were buying a new house...not because I didnt like going to the track. But you're right, I LOVED that car and didn't look back, so I guess I can do the same with this car [Frown]

--------------------

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would sell it, if you not going to track all the time and you want something to drive around on the street, you just need to find something like your old Faleen but with a better motor, that 4.6 would have given you problems in the near future.

[ 2014-03-22, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: racsirx ]

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
I would sell it, if you not going to track all the time and you want something to drive around on the street, you just need to find something like your old Faleen but with a better motor, that 4.6 would have given you problems in the near future.

I actually had a chance to buy the Faleen back but the guy tried to charge me more than he bought it for lol!

Lee, you interested in buying the racecar and parting it out [Big Grin] Lots of really good parts that will fetch good cash, ie: AFR 185's, Systemax intake, fresh 306, Brembo fronts, cobra rears, ALL maximum motorsports suspension, etc... [patriot]

Or, I guess another option is to buy a clean title roller and swap all my parts into it, though I don't have any time to do the complete swap over. How much would someone charge to swap everything over?

[ 2014-03-22, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much for the car?
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

I'd be looking to get around $10k for it

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Some pics in case you guys don't know the car I'm talking about...

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why don't you drive it on the street? You don't always gotta play the rules. Also Lee would give you like 3k for it lol

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why would you want to swap everything into another car? Why couldn't you drive that on the street? It's just a 306 with suspension, it wouldn't take much to make it quiet so you can make it a driver, and sorry I couldn't do $10K to use that as a parts car

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sell it and dont look back. Having a track only car and only seeing the track few times a year is not worth the trouble. Seems like u invested time and money on this car thats not being pay off for your hobby.

[ 2014-03-22, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: losbadgts ]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Why would you want to swap everything into another car? Why couldn't you drive that on the street? It's just a 306 with suspension, it wouldn't take much to make it quiet so you can make it a driver, and sorry I couldn't do $10K to use that as a parts car

The car has an Alabama title and hasn't been in the system for several years. To get it to "ca legal" would be a pain.

--------------------

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really hate to hear great stories about great cars u come up on , say you wont sell ,then try to flip it , its really annoying but thats your biz. I would say this for advice , 1. Drive that shit on the street its clean its badass , people drive POS on the street and get away with it , so enjoy it. 2. If u really dont want to drive that sell the shell with cage and other goodies swap everything else over to a nice clean title full interior or swap motor and trans on both cars and sell the race car running with stock stuff and have your clean title full interior car with a nice setup

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
Sell it and dont look back. Having a track only car and only seeing the track few times a year is not worth the trouble. Seems like u invested time and money on this car thats not being pay off for your hobby.

If I could make it out a few times a year it'd be worth it in my eyes. But the way I see it, I can't even make it out once!

It's not a matter of being a track only car that's making me want to sell it, the issue is that I can't seem to find anytime at all to go to the track.

For people that have never owner a dedicated track-only car, it usually does sit for months at a time with an event every month or so. But in my situation, with kids and pre-planned events, I don't foresee attending a trackday until around July or so [Frown]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

If anyone knows any easy ways to get the car "ca legal" so I can at least get plates and tags to legitimately drive this car on the streets please shoot me a pm! [worship]

--------------------

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think all the DMV needs to do is verify the VIN and you should be good to go. I would tow that shit there though so they dont bust your balls for the stripped looking car lol. But first figure out how much the fees are and then you can decide on what you want to do.

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's not gonna do you any good being a Full scale model car collecting dust. Sell it LIKE ALWAYS hunt down your dad's old school bro and enjoy it with the family me being a family man I can relate to that. Gives it a reason to call it family bonding time lol.

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Filipino families. There will never be time on the weekends. There is ALWAYS a birthday party, newborn, graduation, wedding, christening, bbq, or some other event to gather and eat. Add kids and there is enough hours in the weekend to take a car out to the track let alone a simple cruise.
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
If anyone knows any easy ways to get the car "ca legal" so I can at least get plates and tags to legitimately drive this car on the streets please shoot me a pm! [worship]

It's not hard it just cost money, just what I had to do with my Cobra R

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:

It's not hard it just cost money, just what I had to do with my Cobra R
Lee, do you mind PMing me some info on how to get it done and how much it would cost me? Thanks man!

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com