Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » be aware of Saclve

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: be aware of Saclve
Broke4.6
¯
Member # 9085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broke4.6  Ford pictures for Broke4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I rarely work on cars anymore but figured I would install a set of eibach prokit springs in this dudes car , his girlfriend who dropped the car off on Friday night ..which by the sounds of it wasn't doing to well with the clutch , showed me the parts he had in the car that we discussed I would also install , rear shocks and break pads!

While I was under the car I noticed the trans had markings on it from a wrecking yard! We all know wrecking yards mark their parts before leaving the yard , he had nuts and bolts holding in the starter and an xpipe that was not ment for his car, besides the point !

I not only washed his car I painted his calipers to match the shitty job someone did in the front , ended up redoing his fronts

I went the extra mile on this dudes car , went to go test drive it and the car has no 3rd or 4th gear .. That's when he informed me that he had just bought that tranny from a wrecking yard and paid someone to install it who over filled the trans because they didn't remove the old fluid ?? He also told me the car locked him out of 3rd gear just the other day? Smh

I hooked this dude up and now wants to say I blew up his transmission on his stock 98 gt NON pi convertible?? I've got 700hp cars sitting in my shop and this dude thinks I want to go joy ride his car?? Its guys like this that make me not ever want to help someone out !! He saw a chance because of the cars I had in my shop to try and get over on me!

When he picked up his car he paid me the $200 we agreed on for labor and cost of springs , it's not untill the next day he wants to hit me up talking about bar , bbb and a refund??

Be aware of this cat , he's obviously looking for hand outs!

[ 2014-03-16, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Broke4.6 ]

--------------------
01 GT -lazer red- 32v swap

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
98 flop top 2v, was it hott? Did you tell him right away his trans was blown?

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hear you I stop doing a lot of side work back in 2007 after a couple of funny go rounds with customers I just decided it wasn't worth the headache or the hassle now that being said I still have customers cars I do work on but, I've been working on the cars for over 10 or 15 years and we have built up a relationship.

I spent years At a Ford dealership is amazing what customers will try to say or do.

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Pcsal
¯
Member # 12897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pcsal  Ford pictures for Pcsal    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Peopke are shady now days
redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ooh... Yea he has a post on tech talk from the sounds of it it's seems like the clutch went out not the trans [Confused]

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dudes on Facebook about it. Not in here though.

[ 2014-03-16, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Arch ]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't you hate when customers try to stiff the guy who is hard working on there car and goes the extra mile for these side jobs like as if were rookies or some shade tree mechanic lol Good move Colt,very grown man if you ask me,I saw the car myself it was rough not worth even test driving let alone beating on it,dude sounds like a punk fuck em [patriot]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
Don't you hate when customers try to stiff the guy who is hard working on there car and goes the extra mile for these side jobs like as if were rookies or some shade tree mechanic lol Good move Colt,very grown man if you ask me,I saw the car myself it was rough not worth even test driving let alone beating on it,dude sounds like a punk fuck em [patriot]

I called his bluff on it in FB. Now he thinks I'm friends with the OP. Lmao. Never spoken to OP before. Then he threatens my health for calling him out. Lol

--------------------
86' LX Vert

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Arch:
quote:

I called his bluff on it in FB. Now he thinks I'm friends with the OP. Lmao. Never spoken to OP before. Then he threatens my health for calling him out. Lol
LMAO he sounds like a pussy.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ haha internet tough guy [Roll Eyes] obviously he's just trying to be a bully and talk shit blah blah blah heard it before he's retarded if he thinks Colt broke his trans his car was a pile of shit,none of us would be caught driving that car real talk,the only reason is was driven was to confirm a job well done on a brakes/shocks/spring job that's normal..He's trying to get free parts with threats and tough talk yet ADMITS TO HAVING THE TRANS STUCK IN 3RD GEAR just days earlier,idk about anyone else but I've done that several times and guess what?! The trans broke very shortly after! sacive can pound sand...

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I for sure think dude is looking for a hand out. Why be so defensive and hostile?

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Hey Arch I would edit your screen shot post man that's pretty out there with the pictures of his daughter and his faces atleast Facebook is somewhat private this is an open forum..just my o2..

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

quote:
Hey Arch I would edit your screen shot post man that's pretty out there with the pictures of his daughter and his faces atleast Facebook is somewhat private this is an open forum..just my o2..

Good call.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

9165pt0
¯
Member # 7625

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9165pt0  Ford pictures for 9165pt0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those situations really suck. Sounds like OP went way above and beyond. Hopefully that customer has misunderstood, and once calm realizes OP didn't have anything to do with the tranny being bad. Some of the posters in this thread have been wrenchin professionally and on the side for a long time, I just started doing some mobile mechanic side work fairly recently. And I have already encountered a few very shady individuals, who want their vehicles worked on for peanuts or try to blackmail their way into getting their cars fixed for free. Threatening to file complaints with bar, and make false online posts etc. Its always the same type of ppl, they just seem to want to go the extreme cheapest route possible, even if safety is a major concern. Some jobs I have passed on due to this, and referred them to members on here whom I know have access to shop equipment needed to perform the task correctly.

Makes me want to just go back to helping friends, or referrals rather than trying to help strangers. Its really a crapshoot. OP sucks you are getting burned out of the $ that you more than deserve. Hopefully Saclve and OP can come to a better resolution.

*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let him notify the BBB an BAR. He has NO CASE. [patriot]
Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My buddy owns a shop and we see this shit all too often. He values my opinion as I value his and sometimes he asks me to take cars on test drives for him when ever I stop by.

However......

There are cars neither him nor I will even consider taking for a test drive because of some of the shady shit that has been done to them by previous "hack-a-nics". Missing bolts, wires touching exhaust, oil leaks galore etc.

The job that they came in for is completed and notes made if any other issues are seen that may have an affect on the work performed. Then keys are given back.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i hate an try my hardest to never drive any bodys cars ever, this is jus some of the reasons
89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's the exact reason I only deal with people who are vouched for by other people I know, I make less money but far fewer issues with shady people.
9165pt0
¯
Member # 7625

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 9165pt0  Ford pictures for 9165pt0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89foxstang:
That's the exact reason I only deal with people who are vouched for by other people I know, I make less money but far fewer issues with shady people.

very true
LOCKDOWN
¯
Member # 4768

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LOCKDOWN  Ford pictures for LOCKDOWN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You get what you paid for! if you want cheap labor then you you will get cheap work... i tried the side job thing and will never do it again, either i do it my self or i take it to the pro shop that does all of my work....

[ 2014-03-17, 02:45 AM: Message edited by: LOCKDOWN ]

--------------------
saleen cobra' 687rwhp on procharged setup.New setup,Race turbo motor,t91' turbo cobra' 1xxx rwhp @ mid boost. ,lockdown,

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Edit to save the drama.. Moral of the story cover your ass if you work on junk [patriot]

[ 2014-03-17, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

LOCKDOWN
¯
Member # 4768

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LOCKDOWN  Ford pictures for LOCKDOWN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good choice!

--------------------
saleen cobra' 687rwhp on procharged setup.New setup,Race turbo motor,t91' turbo cobra' 1xxx rwhp @ mid boost. ,lockdown,

MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Link to his thread:
http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=028862

and I found this useful:
http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002143

I guess running 1/4s makes your car extremely reliable. [patriot]

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is why i dont do mechanical work on other peoples cars. I dont even work on my friends cars. This is merely a hobby for me and nothing but. Its so easy to point fingers and blame others and youre made out to be the bad guy for no reason.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com