Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » School topic

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: School topic
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need some help, in class we have a writing assignment to gauge peoples relationship with law enforcement. I just want to know some of your experiences with police and how its shaped your perception of law enforcement whether it be negative or positive.

--------------------
03 Terminator

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll save you the trouble.

Good: Cop pulled me over and didn't give me a ticket. Instead he gave me props for my car, and asked to me to rev it a little before he left.

Bad: Fuck the police. Pulled me over for no reason and gave me a no front plate ticket. Got my foxbody stolen and didn't do anything about it. Pulled me over for going 70mph in a 65mph zone. Got a fix it ticket for tinted windows and loud exhaust.

ls1 miguel
¯
Member # 10053

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ls1 miguel  Ford pictures for ls1 miguel    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've always had good experiences with cops
If your honest with them and don't act like an asshole there usually cool

[ 2014-02-21, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: ls1 miguel ]

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ls1 miguel:

[Roll Eyes]
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go on a ride along with your local agency and see that interaction first hand...
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
go on a ride along with your local agency and see that interaction first hand...

Ive been on ride along with SLPD and Fremont police and their job is not easy especially when your dealing with criminals all day.

--------------------
03 Terminator

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
quote:

Ive been on ride along with SLPD and Fremont police and their job is not easy especially when your dealing with criminals all day.
SAN LEANDRO police have crimnials gtfo!!

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I actually have to agree with this. I've had some negative experiences but if you're respectful, honest, and cooperative they usually are decent.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
quote:

SAN LEANDRO police have crimnials gtfo!!
I heard they were going through some changes because woman officers were being harassed. I've never had issues with SLPD just be honest with them and not bullshit your way out of a ticket. I was going to training one day and had all my boxing equipment in my gym bag which was in the front seat. I made an illegal turn got pulled over and the officer saw my equipment and was talking to me about how he used to box and let me go without a ticket.

--------------------
03 Terminator

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've never had a bad issue with a cop. I lived next to a sub station for awhile and interacted with alot of cops, Never one issue.

If you get pulled over and start acting like a hardcore ghetto dumbass, Youre going to get treated like a hardcore ghetto dumbass. If youre sagging your pants below your knees and wear clothes 5x oversized for you, Youre going to be lumped in with the people they have the most trouble with. It also depends on the area you live in aswell. If you live in a scummy and nasty low class area, Youre going to get treated badly 9 times out of 10, Most of the people cops deal with in those areas have a huge red flag above them so they dont take chances weeding through the good and bad people.

So in a nutshell, You ask anyone who lives in a good area, who looks decent and respectful, They will have a good perception on cops. If you live in the low class ghetto and look/talk like a low class ghetto thug or youre a decent guy stuck in the ghetto, They will have a bad perception on cops.

[ 2014-02-22, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
quote:

[Roll Eyes]
C'mon rich,if I can remember correctly 10 years ago you were splitting lanes at 100+ mph and the chp chewed you out. The second time you didn't pull over for 20 minutes. I say of course you're going to have bad experiences

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com