Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Shops that do subframe connectors

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Shops that do subframe connectors
S550_Andres
¯
Member # 11083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S550_Andres  Ford pictures for S550_Andres    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone know any good shops that do Subframes and how much?

--------------------
86 notch coyote swapped
89 convertible 302 hci
85 notch 347 hci

90 7up lx
¯
Member # 10304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90 7up lx  Ford pictures for 90 7up lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hit up borelli motorsports in your area...
Posts: 1266 | From: north valley | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
S550_Andres
¯
Member # 11083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S550_Andres  Ford pictures for S550_Andres    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90 7up lx:

Do you know how much the install is

--------------------
86 notch coyote swapped
89 convertible 302 hci
85 notch 347 hci

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86_on_DA_machs:
quote:
Originally posted by 90 7up lx:

Do you know how much the install is
Well when it was TPS it was pricey at least to me it was.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
STS in hayward... They are an upcoming shop that does great work
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
S550_Andres
¯
Member # 11083

How much did you his end up paying??

--------------------
86 notch coyote swapped
89 convertible 302 hci
85 notch 347 hci

9snake5
¯
Member # 10881

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9snake5  Ford pictures for 9snake5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Speedy exhaust in hayward did mine for 140

--------------------
94 svt cobra
00 expedition

90GTSleeepr
¯
Member # 9609

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GTSleeepr  Ford pictures for 90GTSleeepr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not a better shop than Duncan automotive if your looking for Real subframes -hands down if your looking for quality-

--------------------
Jon Plummer 916-410-6269 aka 90GTSleeepr aka arrowdetail@hotmail.com aka Nicetwiceautoresto@gmail.com Wanted for business scams

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got mine welded in for 50 at an exhaust shop on a roll on lift
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try Walmart on isle 5 in the curtain rod section. $10 and just throw away the curtains, the rods are what you need. $5 for the duct tape for the install and you can do it all yourself with a set of jack stands in the auto section on isle 11.

Sounds like your on a budget, big time. Honestly if you want to do it right save the $ up for some better ones. Global West for example. You don't want to have one of those side show stangs that all the subs are good for is for jacking rails. Subs done right will help a lot with rigidity and especially for years of the fox-04.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

S550_Andres
¯
Member # 11083

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
Try Walmart on isle 5 in the curtain rod section. $10 and just throw away the curtains, the rods are what you need. $5 for the duct tape for the install and you can do it all yourself with a set of jack stands in the auto section on isle 11.

Sounds like your on a budget, big time. Honestly if you want to do it right save the $ up for some better ones. Global West for example. You don't want to have one of those side show stangs that all the subs are good for is for jacking rails. Subs done right will help a lot with rigidity and especially for years of the fox-04.

Not really on a budget just trying to see where the better deal is on the install. I just ordered some mm sub frames but don't want to take my car were they won't do a good job

--------------------
86 notch coyote swapped
89 convertible 302 hci
85 notch 347 hci

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MM is a good choice. I'd call those guys up and ask who they'd use up this way. I'm sure they can recommend a shop for you so you don't have to be a guinea pig.
One more thing, when you do find the shop, ask to see work they've done prior. Pics, cars in shop...stuff like that. I've seen so many hack job subframe installs on cars on a lift, scary shit [Eek!]

[ 2014-02-07, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: 9cobra7 ]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

marcohdz
¯
Member # 12508

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for marcohdz  Ford pictures for marcohdz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw an ad on craigslist, Borelli motorsports had them for $299 installed. Used to be $399 I believe when it was TPS

--------------------
ThoroughBred 408

Posts: 66 | From: san jose, ca | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sick_2v:
I saw an ad on craigslist, Borelli motorsports had them for $299 installed. Used to be $399 I believe when it was TPS

That's a good ass deal

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com