Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Damnit SF Cops :( Need help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Damnit SF Cops :( Need help
AP16
¯
Member # 12890

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for AP16  Ford pictures for AP16    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone else get cited for no front plates in SF? I've had this car & previous car without plates for 6+ years & never had a problem. The first time I take the car to Sf and park it, I get surrounded by cops patrolling thr parking lot giving me a ticket & threatening to tow it.

I don't want to add front plates, I've never had a problem anywhere except this 1 time. However I need to have it signed off by a cop. Anyone gone through this? Did u put the plate on cut holes in the bumper or zip tied it and have it signed and then remove zip ties?

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Velcro works. You gotta put bolts on the plate though to make it look like its permanent

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put it on the dashboard that's what I did with my first two foxes never got messed with by the police.

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it will take an act of congress to change that law. good luck.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just recently got a ticket for no front license plate and speeding. I plan on velcroing mine. no way am I drilling into a 10 year old cars front Roush bumper.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
S550_Andres
¯
Member # 11083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S550_Andres  Ford pictures for S550_Andres    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Velcro the plate glue the heads of the screw on the plate so it looks legit

--------------------
86 notch coyote swapped
89 convertible 302 hci
85 notch 347 hci

ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your car has a perfect paint job,10/10 immaculate interior 10/10, a motor so clean you can lick it with your tongue that 2 license plate holes is going to ruin its car show quality appearance than use one of the methods posted above by the other members.. if its not a show quality car than drill those holes and avoid the hassle with the police.

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FiveOhChuck:
Put it on the dashboard that's what I did with my first two foxes never got messed with by the police.

That's actually not legal either. I've been ticketed for it.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://ccmustangbrackets.com/welcome-to-craigs-custom-mustang-brackets/

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got one about a year ago in my fiancés Beamer ... We had it in the front window ... Cop was a dick also . The biggest pain In the ass ... Missed a day of work be ause I had to go down to 850 Bryant and spent half a day there
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
quote:

This, also use the bracket you can buy online that clips to your bumper that lets you have a front plate to be legal but you can remove for car shows pictures etc otherwise you gotta drill the holes.

[ 2014-01-31, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
quote:
quote:

This, also use the bracket you can buy online that clips to your bumper that lets you have a front plate to be legal but you can remove for car shows pictures etc otherwise you gotta drill the holes.
that's the link I posted..look at my last post

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
...... its very simple, and i just got one too from sfpd fuck them its no big deal, go to the auto parts store, by the thick double sided tape, stick the plate on have the cop sign the ticket drive around the corner take off the plate and send in your 10.00 dollars and your done, no big deal..
AP16
¯
Member # 12890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP16  Ford pictures for AP16    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will go with either the Velcro or double sided tape idea. Does it leave any nasty residue or damage to the paint when removed?
cobra4v
¯
Member # 4889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra4v  Ford pictures for cobra4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by coupe5oh:
http://ccmustangbrackets.com/welcome-to-craigs-custom-mustang-brackets/

After getting pulled over a few time by sfpd, I end up getting a few of those brackets for my cars. It's a pain in the butt to get pulled over, having the police running a check on you and being late for work is no fun.
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've used double sided tape and had it signed off twice no problem.

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here you go! It's even setup on a remote so if you get pulled over just hit the switch and the plate pops up.

http://www.autoattire.com/show-n-go-license-plate-holder.html?gclid=CILe_6b_qbwCFTJp7AodxWoAxg

Bent70
¯
Member # 9694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bent70  Ford pictures for Bent70    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just pay the fine and call it a day.....had three in the last 5 yrs. Never got a front plate since buying the car.

--------------------
some stangs and thangs

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.hidetheplate.com/
fiftwyz
¯
Member # 8351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiftwyz  Ford pictures for fiftwyz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just put it on it just gives them a reason to mess with you! Its a bs tix but thats the lame law!
SS_Super_Stang
¯
Member # 11510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SS_Super_Stang  Ford pictures for SS_Super_Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

That thing could cut your head of with the force of a crash. Got a warning for this before.

--------------------
94 cobra

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Zip ties has always worked for me!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ed650:
If your car has a perfect paint job,10/10 immaculate interior 10/10, a motor so clean you can lick it with your tongue that 2 license plate holes is going to ruin its car show quality appearance than use one of the methods posted above by the other members.. if its not a show quality car than drill those holes and avoid the hassle with the police.

+1

Charles [patriot]

[ 2014-02-01, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: KARATExxCHUCK ]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bent70:
I just pay the fine and call it a day.....had three in the last 5 yrs. Never got a front plate since buying the car.

This.

Last time I got a ticket it was $25. It would still have been $10 if I put the plate on and had it signed off. Consider it a tax and just pay it, leave the plate off and stay out of SF.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
AP16
¯
Member # 12890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP16  Ford pictures for AP16    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will go with either the Velcro or double sided tape idea. Does it leave any nasty residue or damage to the paint when removed?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com