Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » To Protect & Serve?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: To Protect & Serve?
50/50
¯
Member # 1724

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 50/50  Ford pictures for 50/50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've noticed on the Oakland Police Dept's squad cars no longer have the "To Protect and Serve" tag no more. What do you all supposed this means because this....is scary.
If there are Oakland Police Officer members here with the California Fords please explain why the departments squad cars don't have it any more. Because I really, really hope the printing company that put all logos and numbers on all cars "screwed-up" the order. So, please tell us all that "it ain't so" that the logos will be put back on real soon. Thanks!

--------------------
Previously named: VenGeance, 5LiterFever, 50cal.

Drive safely. You wanna drive in it. Not DIE in it.

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OH NO DEY OUT TA GET US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To protect and serve..? It no longer is to protect and serve it's now called "LAW ENFORCMENT" everybody is a suspect. City of Oakland has to worry about there own to protect just like the streets having there silent code.. You were able to protect the people from harm and serve your community when needed to think about it time has changed and those days are long gone. Police officer goes out there to do his or her job and gets bashed by someone that can't obey the law. So there for (as a law ENFORCMENT officer) you protect your self from harm and serve your self in court and everybody else is a suspect.

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stockton P.D is just as worst

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

egress
¯
Member # 13128

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for egress  Ford pictures for egress    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/2-investigates-oakland-police-put-brakes-high-spee/nc7yY/
Posts: 286 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Aug 2013  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by egress:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/2-investigates-oakland-police-put-brakes-high-spee/nc7yY/

Haha they can't catch anyone's car that's why they're giving that up! [Cool]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if your scared to be in oakland, your a puss [dance]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by red5o:

What conditions are their patrol cars in?! Are they worst than Oakland?!
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shot in the dark, but im gonna say OPD pulls out of non-violent non-firearms related pursuits to protect the public from collisions with unsuspecting drivers/pedestrians, etc...basically, because the risks outweighs the benefits in a non violent pursuit.

so, if a dirtbag runs after a minor traffic stop, and drives like a fucktard during the pursuit...they (OPD) will meet you at your house (that is, if they copied your plate), or if another agency doesnt get you first...because you know that shit will be put out to all neighboring agencies.

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All police/CHP/sheriff are removing to protect and serve because they no longer by law have to protect or serve the people. It will happen to all states. Some have already done this.

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by red5o:

-
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:

LOL man you said it, people all know that the town isn't the safest place but they talk about it like if you go there you will instantly be killed.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Beastly GT500 TVS:
All police/CHP/sheriff are removing to protect and serve because they no longer by law have to protect or serve the people. It will happen to all states. Some have already done this.

Federal Supreme court has already ruled Police have no responsibility to protect you.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The law is kind of stupid in my opinion, I think you will get a lot more guys running because they know the cops can't chase them.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's just OPD's policy. Doesn't mean CHP or sheriff's won't chase you.
1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:

Federal Supreme court has already ruled Police have no responsibility to protect you.
So why the fuck do we even have police should just make it like the western days every man for him self

--------------------
REDLINE MOTORSPORTS CC EST 2011
1993 CHP sold
2004 mach 1 408 Windsor n20 fed
R.I.P. JORGE GUTIERREZ JR
6/13/1982- 11/05/2013

Posts: 2592 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 79 cobra:
quote:
quote:

So why the fuck do we even have police should just make it like the western days every man for him self
lol Oakland n most other citiess would break homicide records
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 79 cobra:
quote:
quote:

[Confused]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I talked to my brother in law yesterday, who just happens to be a cop for OPD. Straight from his mouth, " I've been with the department 14 years now. Our cars haven't said ," protect & serve " the entire time........ LAPD's cars say protect and serve.... But they're the only ones I can think of. "

So basically the OP is trippin' blood. [Razz]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

50/50
¯
Member # 1724

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 50/50  Ford pictures for 50/50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:

I've been living there! Been there between 1983 thru 2007.

--------------------

50/50
¯
Member # 1724

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50/50  Ford pictures for 50/50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
Well I talked to my brother in law yesterday, who just happens to be a cop for OPD. Straight from his mouth, " I've been with the department 14 years now. Our cars haven't said ," protect & serve " the entire time........ LAPD's cars say protect and serve.... But they're the only ones I can think of. "

So basically the OP is trippin' blood. [Razz]

Well then. This was before his time at OPD. Around in the late 1990's my car stalled on Park Blvd. I saw an OPD officer walking to his car. I asked for assistance if he could lift me to the gas station and back. He explained he can't do that and advised me to call in a tow. I agreed and proceeded to walk. As I passed his patrol car I saw the banner reading: To Protect and Serve. And I scoffed at it. That's how I know.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com